What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a big purchase, instant squadron purchase should raise some eyebrows in the neighborhood. This needs keen observation.

the problem is that MKi is not the only strike force that IAF will deploy, in 2-5 years, The force projection you envisage can be equally matched by air superiority packages identified other than Mki

It doubt if it will ever get to those numbers. It was always 80 F-16s and 150 JF-17s.. and that seems to be the goal entirely.
The idea being to hold off and survive the first week.. while the whole background threats on tac nukes and diplomatic haranguing goes on.

It doubt if it will ever get to those numbers. It was always 80 F-16s and 150 JF-17s.. and that seems to be the goal entirely.
The idea being to hold off and survive the first week.. while the whole background threats on tac nukes and diplomatic haranguing goes on.
This is super interesting, Jordan is the back room for US sales office... look like pakistan has secured a win here.... almost a masterstroke in the making here.... Look like GoI was caught napping..... now there will be the age old traditional knee jerk from India, I am guessing kremlin is opening few vodka's

EDA F-16's.

Jordan F-16B BLK 15 OCU AIRCRAFT
Jordan F-16A BLK 15 OCU AIRCRAFT
Jordan F100PW-200 JET ENGINE, SERIAL # 703785
Jordan F-16 F-16 BLOCK 15
Jordan F-16 F-16 BLOCK 15 80-0589

This is super interesting, Jordan is the back room for US sales office... look like pakistan has secured a win here.... almost a masterstroke in the making here.... Look like GoI was caught napping..... now there will be the age old traditional knee jerk from India, I am guessing kremlin is opening few vodka's

come on 13 F-16's are scaring you...!

Congratulations if true...it's been a while since any good news has come about defense procurement's from Pakistan.

EDA F-16's.

come on 13 F-16's are scaring you...!
If I was in south block, Yes...but it's not the aircraft's, it's the process... It denotes a significant shift in US State dept policy, could it be India antagonizing US for last few months? there definately is a policy shift here , or may be I am reading more into it.... but if my suspicions are right, we are looking at an exciting 2014

What is this sentence hinting about .... ??

F-16 is supposed to be more than an Interceptor Aircraft .....??

secondly should we assume that Pakistan has exercise option of 14 more F-16 from US .... ??

Any senior member .....

These F-16s (even if they are ex-ANG ADF versions) are still identical in capabilites to the MLU the PAF has.
The ADF modifications to the F-16 was the addition of more advanced IFF systems on the nose and a slightly different tail.Additionally these aircraft had a 148000 Candela spotlight on its nose to help with night identification of aircraft . When the F-16s were delivered to Jordan these IFF Antennas were removed and standard F-16 systems(which have the same capability but now smaller) were installed.
One main difference from other F-16A models and the ADF was that they were factory wired for the usage of BVR weapons such as the Aim-7 and the AIM-120.

smart thing for India is to not react... ignore this for now and not attract any attention to this.... If sense prevails I hope this will happen.

Nice move by PAF indeed. Even if it is not MLUed, they can get it done from Turkey.!

IAF got a one more reason now to push MoD for Rafale deal signature..

If I was in south block, Yes...but it's not the aircraft's, it's the process... It denotes a significant shift in US State dept policy, could it be India antagonizing US for last few months? there definately is a policy shift here , or may be I am reading more into it.... but if my suspicions are right, we are looking at an exciting 2014

You are reading a bit much into it.

I doubt a major policy shift as such. It is still the same "maintain the minimal balance" policy the US uses. Keep India's calculations on Pakistan less than a clean win and prevent a major conflict. Here, to avoid the usual protest and lobbyist.. they let Pakistan gets its equipment via a third country where India's lobby is not as effective.

You are reading a bit much into it.
could be and I hope you are right.... When deciding reactions... out of 10 people, one needs to look in the worst and remotest scenario, consider my opinion to be that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom