What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear sir my question is still there whats remain in 1979 bulit F-16 block 1s?

i am not die hard fan or f-16 lover so i can see we are going to wrong way. since 1979 to 1994 USAF used them and then since leased to RJAF till now . what abut newest airframes of RJAF made in 1980 1981 and inducted in 1982 and 1983 ? are not they older then our original block-15OCUs? BTW they started crash recently one down also if you have update boss.

Sir ji, There are no block 1 exported. Block 15 and Block 15+ (pakistan specific the first with bvr option). The block15 are all blu 3 or better. I agree that the pre Jordan users were not using the planes with care but now you have a full squadron to be trained so it can move on to a better plane in, let say, 4-5 years. The jump from thus plane to a newer plane is a lot easier then jumping from f7/mirage to the next generation now to come... We can absorb it like...

Munir,

So are more MLU F-16s a possibility for PAF?

If the price is right... And we are a champion in getting the most with the least...

$3B??? you are saying its $166mil a piece... come on:|

Complete life time support/maintenance, spares Kits etc etc. If not 3B it can cost you well around 2B for 18...we have already received F-16s for a higher price because we had no choice but it was also need of the hour...

Sir ji, There are no block 1 exported. Block 15 and Block 15+ (pakistan specific the first with bvr option). The block15 are all blu 3 or better. I agree that the pre Jordan users were not using the planes with care but now you have a full squadron to be trained so it can move on to a better plane in, let say, 4-5 years. The jump from thus plane to a newer plane is a lot easier then jumping from f7/mirage to the next generation now to come... We can absorb it like...

i will only agree if you use words stop gap sir i can see what USAF and BAF RNAF did to them and 4 pages of their history and laughing on me . no they are not block 20 all most of them are block1 and block 5-10 boss you forget they got used from west not brand new please have a look . and yes we still don't know s.numbers of those which coming to pakistan :frown:

Past and current F-16 airframes assigned to RJAF 1 sqn :: F-16.net

If the price is right... And we are a champion in getting the most with the least...

So we are on going to do the same as we did with mirages? Hunt for available older blocks and upgrade them?

Complete life time support/maintenance, spares Kits etc etc. If not 3B it can cost you well around 2B for 18...we have already received F-16s for a higher price because we had no choice but it was also need of the hour...

True, should be around $1.5B or so... probably not worth it, now that we do have a choice to go for JF-17s...

Hi,

Gentlemen----PAF JUST GOT US A SQDRN OF " J10B's "----AMAZING ISN'T IT----we were supposedly thinking of getting them if we had the money.

It is called going with the flow----. Pakistan would have been in talks for these plane for a little while now. A 20 mil plane gives you the same bang for the 40 mil plane---you don't even need to slow down your stride to get from one to the other.

No integration issues either----. Another 2 to 3 sqdrn's of similar F16's----and paf has narrowed the gap dramatically.

This purchase confirms what I have stated earlier----there are no KILL SWITCHES IN THE F 16's

Rest in peace J-10 rest in peace, to me it is clear PAF is not interested a bit in J-10 their focus is JF-17s and F-16s and later on any Next Gen.

So we are on going to do the same as we did with mirages? Hunt for available older blocks and upgrade them?

True, should be around $1.5B or so... probably not worth it, now that we do have a choice to go for JF-17s...

PAF always wanted 77-90 F-16s Numbers so these 13 and 14 from US could be the last F-16s to come to Pakistan.

PAF always wanted 77-90 F-16s Numbers so these 13 and 14 from US could be the last F-16s to come to Pakistan.

actually, orginally they were looking for close to 110 but first sanctions and later financial situation did not allow it...

actually, orginally they were looking for close to 110 but first sanctions and later financial situation did not allow it...

Did financial situation ever got better? it was a big mistake to slash 77 F-16s in 2005 by mushrraf.

This purchase confirms what I have stated earlier----there are no KILL SWITCHES IN THE F 16's

How does this purchase "confirm" a lack of geofencing or other controls?

It would be better to say that the limitations of the new purchase are just as acceptable to PAF as limits on the old purchases of F-16s, wouldn't you say?

Pakistan should maintain 100 F16s fleet till than J31 defintly fully loaded with Chinese Engine. IMO PAkistan should move directly on J31. 100 - 120 F16s along with J31 will be aggressive command....

IMO 18 more F-16 should be acquired to boost PAF's F-16 fleet to at least 100.

How does this purchase "confirm" a lack of geofencing or other controls?

It would be better to say that the limitations of the new purchase are just as acceptable to PAF as limits on the old purchases of F-16s, wouldn't you say?

What other limitations on the old purchases of F-16s specifically list them in detail...and don't even for a sec believe that PAF would not use the against adversary on the East side of the fence just because US said so...the machine is meant to be used and tested against... US would want to see their best equipment used in such a scenario...

If there were certain limitations US would have sold AIM-120 to egypt without israel/US being worried.

If Pakistan is going for second hand F16, it says that a about Chinese planes :lol:

If Pakistan is going for second hand F16, it says that a about Chinese planes :lol:

Not at all, the infrastructure is in place for F-16s rest you figure it out. Last JF-17 is a new plane let PAF deal with it before bringing in a new Type it is a hassle now stop being stupid. With almost 6000 posts you should learn something.

Reactions: EAK
Not at all, the infrastructure is in place for F-16s rest you figure it out. Last JF-17 is a new plane let PAF deal with it before brining in a new Type it is a hassle now stop being stupid.

That is how you think. There is also a different way of interpreting this on why Pakistan brought second hand F-16

The range and payload of f16s are greater than jf17 - quick delivery and no pilot training required at half the price of j10 says a lot for paf strategy

That is how you think. There is also a different way of interpreting this on why Pakistan brought second hand F-16
funny thing is out of the 5mmrca contenders , our jft newer blocks would be closer to gripen specs and our f16s might end up near f16IN configuration [like south korea] --- at less cost --- while the mmrca deal is still lingering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom