What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is how you think. There is also a different way of interpreting this on why Pakistan brought second hand F-16

There is no different way since you did never check J-10s or JF-17s you are in no position to comment on quality control and other technical details except for what light info is available online. The different interpretation is PAF always wanted 70+ to 90. Rest there is no problem inducting them everything is in place for the last 30 years.

Last edited:
The range and payload of f16s are greater than jf17 - quick delivery and no pilot training required at half the price of j10 says a lot for paf strategy

That is right f16 has quicker delivery and moreover a proven plane. It says a lot about F16's importance to PAF

What other limitations on the old purchases of F-16s specifically list them in detail...and don't even for a sec believe that PAF would not use the against adversary on the East side of the fence just because US said so...the machine is meant to be used and tested against... US would want to see their best equipment used in such a scenario...

If there were certain limitations US would have sold AIM-120 to egypt without israel/US being worried.

The F-16 are a great choice for PAF, no doubt. :D

The range and payload of f16s are greater than jf17 - quick delivery and no pilot training required at half the price of j10 says a lot for paf strategy

funny thing is out of the 5mmrca contenders , our jft newer blocks would be closer to gripen specs and our f16s might end up near f16IN configuration [like south korea] --- at less cost --- while the mmrca deal is still lingering

India certainly has overwhelming conventional military superiority over Pakistan. As far I am concerned MMRCA or lack of it will have very marginal effect on India's conventional military superiority over Pakistan.

MMRCA is more to do with China.

Did financial situation ever got better? it was a big mistake to slash 77 F-16s in 2005 by mushrraf.

The country was faced with the aftermath of a massive earthquake, there was no other choice. We couldn'teven go for the full 36 of the revised order thanks to calamities as in earthquake, 2 massive floods, power shortage and Zardari:)

That is how you think. There is also a different way of interpreting this on why Pakistan brought second hand F-16

Nope, There is no other way. Pakistan(like India, BD, UK) follows a planning principle by its air staff. Something put into what is called an Air Staff Requirement. Till 2008.. the requiremnt included a mainstay air defence fighter and light strike support to replace the role of the F-7 and Mirage fleet.. that is known as the JF-17 and there was a requirement for 150 of these. The next requirement was the primary air interdiction and offensive counter air fighter to carry out the critical punches and strikes.. that is the F-16.. and there was a requirement for 60 of these. Finally , there was the air superiority, deep strike element.. that was to be the FC-20.At the light end for local interceptions was to be the F-7PG while the last ROSE-III Mirages would soldier one further(as they brilliant night attack birds)

Now with the economy going bust.. and money short.. the PAF decided that since the role envisaged for the FC-20 could be covered to most extents by the F-16s.. it might as well junk the idea and wait for a better option.. in the meantime.. it decided to increase the F-16 fleet to 80 aircraft... while going for an overall force reduction. Any actual war with India seems to not be in the cards and at most border skirmishes or a one day "battle" might be the order. Unless economic times improved, the PAF found itself happy with a planned size of 300 combat aircraft.
So any other demeaning reason that some of our Indian friends could come up with is invalid here. Quite simply, the PAF has been flying the F-16 for over 30 years. It knows EXACTLY how to use it, how to fix it and how to fly and fight with it in the most effective manner in its requirement. The timeframe for the PAF to learn on new F-16s is 1/20th the time it would take to learn on a new fighter such as the J-10. So when you are saving on costs in every sphere.. while still getting a very potent system. Its dumb not to go for it.

Pakistan should maintain 100 F16s fleet till than J31 defintly fully loaded with Chinese Engine. IMO PAkistan should move directly on J31. 100 - 120 F16s along with J31 will be aggressive command....
I think J31 will take time, may be deal not possible before 2023 because long process of prototypes, then time of MOU, process of negotiation and final agreement, and then here comes 2025 and delivery of first squadron in 2028-30

For stop gap, we should get at-least 3 squadron of J10b and F16s.

Our aim for 2020 should be

125 F16 block 52/50s
150 JF17
50 j10b

Or
150 F16 block 52/50s
175 Jf17

Last edited:
If Pakistan is going for second hand F16, it says that a about Chinese planes :lol:

WTF ?

Buying F-16 doesn't stop JF-17's production. In fact 50 have already been built and in total we will be having around 250.

Its not just the Air Force, but also the Army and Navy that has a combination of Domestic, American and Chinese Weapons

Last edited:
Nope, There is no other way. Pakistan(like India, BD, UK) follows a planning principle by its air staff. Something put into what is called an Air Staff Requirement. Till 2008.. the requiremnt included a mainstay air defence fighter and light strike support to replace the role of the F-7 and Mirage fleet.. that is known as the JF-17 and there was a requirement for 150 of these. The next requirement was the primary air interdiction and offensive counter air fighter to carry out the critical punches and strikes.. that is the F-16.. and there was a requirement for 60 of these. Finally , there was the air superiority, deep strike element.. that was to be the FC-20.At the light end for local interceptions was to be the F-7PG while the last ROSE-III Mirages would soldier one further(as they brilliant night attack birds)

Now with the economy going bust.. and money short.. the PAF decided that since the role envisaged for the FC-20 could be covered to most extents by the F-16s.. it might as well junk the idea and wait for a better option.. in the meantime.. it decided to increase the F-16 fleet to 80 aircraft... while going for an overall force reduction. Any actual war with India seems to not be in the cards and at most border skirmishes or a one day "battle" might be the order. Unless economic times improved, the PAF found itself happy with a planned size of 300 combat aircraft.
So any other demeaning reason that some of our Indian friends could come up with is invalid here. Quite simply, the PAF has been flying the F-16 for over 30 years. It knows EXACTLY how to use it, how to fix it and how to fly and fight with it in the most effective manner in its requirement. The timeframe for the PAF to learn on new F-16s is 1/20th the time it would take to learn on a new fighter such as the J-10. So when you are saving on costs in every sphere.. while still getting a very potent system. Its dumb not to go for it.

I didn't even bother to reply to his non-sense 'analysis'.......same old rhetoric by Indian members. They have to post something no matter what. That's why i reported his posts to the mods/admin.

Now, where would all these F-16s be placed? Confining a load of them to just one air base seems a bit undermining. I am assuming 76 F-16s would be for a total of 4 squadrons at 19 a/c each?

Now, where would all these F-16s be placed? Confining a load of them to just one air base seems a bit undermining. I am assuming 76 F-16s would be for a total of 4 squadrons at 19 a/c each?

Those placements would be subject to mutually agreed upon controls between Pakistan and USA.

Those placements would be subject to mutually agreed upon controls between Pakistan and USA.
kindly specify the controls and post credible links. Do these controls hamper war doctrine ?
How does this purchase "confirm" a lack of geofencing or other controls?

It would be better to say that the limitations of the new purchase are just as acceptable to PAF as limits on the old purchases of F-16s, wouldn't you say?

kindly specify the limitations and post credible links. Do these limitations hamper war doctrine ?

kindly specify the limitations and post credible links. Do these controls hamper war doctrine ?

Please refer to previous posts between Chogy and me a while ago. I will not be able to add any more information.

Do these controls hamper war doctrine? No.

Please refer to previous posts between Chogy and me a while ago. I will not be able to add any more information.

Do these controls hamper war doctrine? No.
Its been at least 2 years since I saw chogy here -- so finding such old posts would'nt be easy

The F-16 are a great choice for PAF, no doubt. :D

Without any doubts. If PAF had lots of funds you would have seen F-16s all over Pak like sabzi mandi.

I didn't even bother to reply to his non-sense 'analysis'.......same old rhetoric by Indian members. They have to post something no matter what. That's why i reported his posts to the mods/admin.

He is currently trolling on a BD Forex rises Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom