What's new

Pakistan conducts succesful test-fire of Hatf-VIII Ra'ad ALCM

they still havnt showed the aircrft it was fired from..was it thunder?
No . not the JF 17. They used again the mirage to fire the RAAD missile. Mirage is visible within the video posted in post #37 above......U can verify/check there mirage firing the missile.......:coffee:

Hatf-VIII-Raad-Cruise-Miss.jpg

3797.jpg

The missile tested today, seems both longer in length and the front seems more rounder in shape. ?

Nah, the angles are different of the camera. Then the background.

Difficult to say definitively.

Although the tail fins are different. On the top image, it is on a slant , with no bends or anything, on the trailing edge.

On the lower picture, it is in a V-shape on the trailing edge. Or is it just poor visibility?

Nah, the angles are different of the camera. Then the background.

Difficult to say definitively.

Although the tail fins are different. On the top image, it is on a slant , with no bends or anything, on the trailing edge.

On the lower picture, it is in a V-shape on the trailing edge. Or is it just poor visibility?

Exactly...it is just the different angles and poor visibility.

aray bhai , plane is not that important....

So who will launch it from the air ... You???
:cool:

No offense BTW ... it was intended as a joke.... :tup:

P.S I know JFT lovers like myself would love to see RAAD being launched from JFT... :smokin::smokin:

The Ra’ad Missile, with a range of over 350 KM, enables Pakistan to achieve strategic standoff capability on land and at Sea.

The above mentioned capability speaks volumes for this achievement, meaning PAF and PN no longer need to rely on the likes of Exocet or Harpoon sea skimming missiles, the Ra'ad has a much greater stand off capability.

werent the targets pre-programmed on Ra'ad?? to attack a target at sea one would have to include midcourse adjustments to cater for the moving targets.. and if that is true that means targeting equipment on the missile has changed.. :enjoy:

There you go guys......first picture of RA'AD ALCM, which was tested today.

3797.jpg

Pakistan, conducted a successful Flight Test of the indigenously developed Air Launched Cruise Missile, Hatf-VIII (Ra’ad) today.

Check the video of last year test. Time stamp 1:26. Except the background, Today Picture is so strikingly similar with that pic. ISPR trolled us?

Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) Hatf-8 (Ra'ad) successfully flight test from Mirage aircraft - YouTube

Check the video of last year test. Time stamp 1:26. Except the background, Today Picture is so strikingly similar with that pic. ISPR trolled us?

Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) Hatf-8 (Ra'ad) successfully flight test from Mirage aircraft - YouTube

Maybe they did not have the success they hoped for.. or they never got a video..
and used last years one

The fact that you can see it fly by so slowly.. is indicative that it can be shot down pretty easy too.
Raa'd has a long way to go if this is the best it is capable of.
Babur has better terrain following and matching capabilities.
But those two teams probably have a professional jealousy thing going on :angel:

Video in today's PTV news clip:

Is it the new one? :undecided:

Last edited by a moderator:
Video in today's PTV news clip:

Is it the new one? :undecided:

Yes, you can clearly see that it's a new version missile....looks sleeker and longer than the previous weapon.
@ Oscar, for the speed factor, i think it's being monitored from a chase aircraft most probably a twin seater Mirage.
In any case i believe it's subsonic cruise mode. ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I am amazed the new developments and working hard on multi-tubes. Do you think it is easy for enemy to snatch Pakistan's nukes, lol. Overwhelmed lethal armed.

Congratulations

I vote the best surprise is Barbur MLV Multi-tubes (tested Nov 2011)

why they are saying "land and sea" could it be act as anti-ship?i know it is for land targets but just asking

Yes, you can clearly see that it's a new version missile....looks sleeker and longer than the previous weapon.
@ Oscar, for the speed factor, i think it's being monitored from a chase aircraft most probably a twin seater Mirage.
In any case i believe it's subsonic cruise mode. ??

I was referring to the video...

You didn't ask me, but...yes, the missile is launched from a twin-seat Mirage. And the same Mirage along with another one video-tape the whole of the test flight. The speed of the missile isn't that much (Mach 0.7-0.8). It can be chased by a fighter aircraft.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom