What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Something to bear in mind is that the PAF have a very strong history and experiance with F16s, the F16 is combat proven where as the JF17 and J10 are not. Also the Blk 52 are exspensive but would give the Paf a High tech muti role capability which is very much what the PAF is looking for.

yes its truw that F-16 will be a better option for pakistan but only if we get them,

as far as i am concerned time do matters, we ordered block 15 when they were new and modre jets, now the era have move to block 60 and we are receiving those block 15, now if get them upgraded at the time when block 90z in the market and %th generation planes flying all over it will be quite ridiculus, what do you say?

as i pointed that russians are providing us the engines, if we ask for the su and perhaps some air defence missiles it will increase our share in russian exports and thus we may have a healthy chance!!

one problem that bothers me with the J11 is that it is the Su27, even improved but it may not be a match for the more advance su30 being deployed in the neighbourhood!!

as i pointed that russians are providing us the engines, if we ask for the su and perhaps some air defence missiles it will increase our share in russian exports and thus we may have a healthy chance!!

one problem that bothers me with the J11 is that it is the Su27, even improved but it may not be a match for the more advance su30 being deployed in the neighbourhood!!

Personally I think we can play Russia without falling victim to their exports like India has militarily. Secondly, the Chinese already employ upgraded SU30 and themselves say that their J11B is just as capable.

J11B is compared with SU27SK when in fact it's better, in the league of SU30MK.

sorry i didnt got your point, the J11b is upgrade of the Su27 programme, are you saying that it is better than the Su30z, i far as i know the Su 30z are being ranked among the best in the world, the F22 andd F35 are exception but which else of the plane match the su30z, their radar have a detection range of 350 km amd a ttracking range of 200 km, can simultaneously engage 6 targets, have canard wings and thrust vectoring to make it a best agile plane!!

can you please tell me what was your point in

thanks in advance!

sir, anyone please, can't we have F16 form any other country? i know what i m saying may sound a bit stupid but still with the new technology as the f35 in market i guess we can find someone willing to sale the f16!! may be Spain!
though what i am talking about seem to be very strange and a bit stupid but what is youe say on the actual point can't we have F16 form any other country?

In my opinion, we should get the the New Block 52's and put an end to this F-16 business. Turkey signed a deal for 116 F-35's. I mean common, people are moving FORWARD! For starters, we should focus on procuring J-10's and J11's. It's time the airforce took a different stance on their buying options. Lots of good aircrafts out there. The world doesn't end at F-16.

In my opinion, we should get the the New Block 52's and put an end to this F-16 business. Turkey signed a deal for 116 F-35's. I mean common, people are moving FORWARD! For starters, we should focus on procuring J-10's and J11's. It's time the airforce took a different stance on their buying options. Lots of good aircrafts out there. The world doesn't end at F-16.

That's a good point. Also, there are a lot of unacceptable strings attached to the deal. PAF has already cut the number of F-16s it's going purchase from the US. The brand new airframes are primarily meant as a learning platform. A lot of the tech and feel will be implemented in the newer JF-17 batches. We cannot deny that F-16 Block 52 are battle proven machines with a superior range. These machines can without a doubt take on the best that the IAF has to the offer. The weaponry package is another bonus. Chinese fighters are the future though. PAFs goal is to get a large proportion of the JF-17 fleet on par with F-16 Block 52. Who can blame them...

Last edited:
sorry i didnt got your point, the J11b is upgrade of the Su27 programme, are you saying that it is better than the Su30z, i far as i know the Su 30z are being ranked among the best in the world, the F22 andd F35 are exception but which else of the plane match the su30z, their radar have a detection range of 350 km amd a ttracking range of 200 km, can simultaneously engage 6 targets, have canard wings and thrust vectoring to make it a best agile plane!!

can you please tell me what was your point in

thanks in advance!

The Chinese have SU30MK2 in their inventory but did not buy a lot of them because they are the basis for their domestic built J11 variants. The base J11 they have is based on the SU27SK. For the J11B, it is still the SU27 airframe but with redesigned cockpit and other advancements such as avionics and active radar guided SMRAAM and MRAAM missiles borrowed from the SU30MK's. J11B can also engage up to 6 targets and has a similar engine to the Russian AL31F except it is made in China. The only thing that is missing is TVC I believe, which may be added to J11B "block 2".
Anyone with better information please do not hesitate to clarify for us, shukria.

Last edited:
In my opinion, we should get the the New Block 52's and put an end to this F-16 business. Turkey signed a deal for 116 F-35's.

sorry but agian can't we get F-16 from them, turkey. they can also be upgraded by them!!???

I mean common, people are moving FORWARD! For starters, we should focus on procuring J-10's and J11's. It's time the airforce took a different stance on their buying options. Lots of good aircrafts out there. The world doesn't end at F-16

very true. the world does not endz but still it is a good or a very good option, considering the experience we have with the system and its related facility!
the only problem is the US delay,, so if we can get them from turkey wont it be better that to try J11z which will be competiong against the superior Su30z!!

The Chinese have SU30MK2 in their inventory but did not buy a lot of them because they are the basis for their domestic built J11 variants. The base J11 they have is based on the SU27SK. For the J11B, it is still the SU27 airframe but with redesigned cockpit and other advancements such as avionics and active radar guided SMRAAM and MRAAM missiles borrowed from the SU30MK's. J11B can also engage up to 6 targets and has a similar engine to the Russian AL31F except it is made in China. The only thing that is missing is TVC I believe, which may be added to J11B "block 2".
Anyone with better information please do not hesitate to clarify for us, shukria.

ok thankyou Kharian_Beast what about the manuveribility??
thrust vectoring technology?? is it present??

ok thankyou Kharian_Beast what about the manuveribility??
thrust vectoring technology?? is it present??

TVC technology is currently not present.

J11 advantages over SU30 include :

better thrust/weight ratio, higher service ceiling, longer operational range, superior rate of climb.

As i have said before finish of the mlu's try to get the 18 new block 52's hence if we can still get them without any issues or prob's work on getting our j-10's asap and jf-17's and i think we should try to get j-11b's i think this should be good for us!!

i think we should forget about F16s ,we are asking for the same thing for last 10 years ,BUT they didnt give us and will not give us ,its sure .make no hope ,,,,.............

How come you are so sure mate?...the new f16's will roll out in 2010 according to the agreement,Also our ACM will be leaving in jan2009 for the same purpose to the US..Dont worry friends,we will get them:cheers:

i think we should forget about F16s ,we are asking for the same thing for last 10 years ,BUT they didnt give us and will not give us ,its sure .make no hope ,,,,.............

boss if you see main page of this web we get already f-16 from US used and now the time is for new because our namber is after 3 orders in Lockheed martin so we have to wait.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom