What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

DUBAI: Northrop eyes Mideast F-16 AESA market

Northrop Grumman sees significant opportunities for Active Electronic Scanned Array (AESA) radar upgrades for Lockheed Martin F-16 aircraft in both the UAE and the broader Middle East.

The US government is in discussions with the UAE to upgrade the APG-80 AESA radars installed in the country's fleet of about 80 F-16 Block 60s, said Skip Wagner, director of business development for global sensor solutions. He added that the USA has also discussed the possibility of providing APG-80s for a potential follow-on order of F-16 Block 60s.

Speaking with Flight Daily News at the Northrop Grumman chalet, Wagner estimated that there is a broader market to upgrade the radars of 400-500 F-16s operated by regional air forces in countries such as Egypt, Oman, Pakistan, and Jordan.

The market is not yet ripe, however. The US air force has yet to announce an AESA upgrade for its F-16s. Either South Korea or Taiwan could be the first movers in the F-16 AESA upgrade segment. In both countries, Northrop is pitching its Scalable Agile Beam Radar (SABR) and rival Raytheon its Raytheon Advanced Combat Radar (RACR).

The APG-80 operated by the UAE bears great similarity to the SABR. "Both are produced by the same people in the same factory," said Wagner.

whats about MLU f-16 i heard pakistan received three from turkey . . .

6 F16 A/B coming after MLU from Turkey and USA in DECEMBER 2011.
remaining 26 will be upgraded at KAMRA

32 Falcon STAR kits for original Peace Gate I aircraft, 35 MLU kits ordered, with 11 more MLU kits optional. 4 F-16A/B being upgraded in the U.S., delivery expected December 2011, 2 F-16A/B being upgraded at Turkish Aerospace Industries from February 2011 ...delivery expected December 2011, remaining aircraft to be upgraded at PAC Kamra by TAI personnel. 10 more MLU kits ordered on 29 July 2011 out of those 11 optional kits.

i have 2 questions:
1)Does the block 52's have AESA?
2)will the the MLU's have AESA too?

i have 2 questions:
1)Does the block 52's have AESA?
2)will the the MLU's have AESA too?

"NO" for both.

we have taken APG-68-V9 radar instead, which is MSA not AESA.
but we can consider SABR AESA for F-16, if we wish to extend F-16 life 10-15 years more then already planed.

PAF should have gone for aesa equipped F-16s right from the beginning of "peace drive 1".i cant understand the reason for buying a jet with apg 68 radar n planning to upgrade it to aesa standards.india is going for aesa upgrades for their su 30s,mig 29s n mirage 2000 n we have bought a brand new jet in 2010 without aesa radar

PAF should have gone for aesa equipped F-16s right from the beginning of "peace drive 1".i cant understand the reason for buying a jet with apg 68 radar n planning to upgrade it to aesa standards.india is going for aesa upgrades for their su 30s,mig 29s n mirage 2000 n we have bought a brand new jet in 2010 without aesa radar

i think it was discussed by thinktank to amercans bt they refused for that bt now we are getting it from france for jft blk 2 i hope it would help US to update our f 16 with aesa if their air frame can exist for next 10 to 15 years......

i think it was discussed by thinktank to amercans bt they refused for that bt now we are getting it from france for jft blk 2 i hope it would help US to update our f 16 with aesa if their air frame can exist for next 10 to 15 years......
No sir! we not getting any AESA radar from France cuz they refused to give us so now China developed it for us far better than the French could have offered us....:smokin:

Abaseen. What is wrong with you?
You are posting old stuff in every thread and double-posting everything.

This picture doesn't belong here. These are F-16B Block 15.

Abaseen. What is wrong with you?
You are posting old stuff in every thread and double-posting everything.

This picture doesn't belong here. These are F-16B Block 15.
Sir! These kids trying to learn/do something. Thats why they forgot what to post and where to post......:)

No sir! we not getting any AESA radar from France cuz they refused to give us so now China developed it for us far better than the French could have offered us....:smokin:

what about 4 billion deal for fitting avionics for 150 jft giving 26 million each unit for jft block 2 comming on next year july

france is not going to provide any thing for the thunder.most of the avionics n radar upgrades will be of chinese origin

AESA verson of the Grifo S7?????? i really dont think its better option

western economies are in a 'tail-spin' esp in the EU. at some point commercial decisions will overtake political decisions. the JFT avionics/radar/missile order was for US$ 1.0B. they will think again!!! but at the moment the chinese radar and missile are doing just fine for the JFT - thank you!

western economies are in a 'tail-spin' esp in the EU. at some point commercial decisions will overtake political decisions. the JFT avionics/radar/missile order was for US$ 1.0B. they will think again!!! but at the moment the chinese radar and missile are doing just fine for the JFT - thank you!
Even though they are in financial issue but they will for sure dictate their term of use .With all lot of sanction in a way that chinese dont get their hands on the tech.

Plus westerns are always very expensive , even if they give u sumthing for free they will sell u the spare part and give u service at a cost that fire will surely come out of ur a55.(sorry for using this lang but it happens all the time :) ).

Like the survillance camera in F-16 's cost thousand of dollar to get repaired by LM or their service provider company , but the same same camera repair in Pakistan by Pakistani technicians cost few thousands............

Back
Top Bottom