What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

maybe I am doing it wrong, but has anyone got an article on PAF's participation at red flag and in particular the performance?

I think that is why they only selected F-16D to modernize it to F-16i. I am really jealoused of the beauty of F-16i Sufa.. just kidding.
It is really a beauty in terms of avionics and in deadly look..
3403804792_2c383ce813_o.jpg

ITS A BEAUTY..A REAL BEAST..

How is this for an over 20 year old airframe.

PAF F-16s have much less flying hours on them than most of the Vipers did as in the 90s they were used very carefully due spare parts shortages they may be 30 years old but have a lot of life left in them and with MLU they will be virtually rebuilt new airframes.

With out a doubt the pinnacle of modern multirole fighter.

JF-17 is to make PAF's frontline multirole fighter aircraft. This responsibility is also shared by F-16s in a particular sector, which are C/D varient. You should compare two of the leading aircraft sharing greatest responsibility.
JF-17 defeated F-16A/B in a dogfight with a large margin and are compared with F-16 Block 40. Comparing with older models is just going to give you a statistically wrong figures.

For example you compare JF-17 with F-16A. Can F-16A fire BVR weapon? No, it cannot. Many of the factors don't coincide to give a logical result. F-16C can fire a AIM-120 and JF-17 can fire a SD-10. This makes a fair comparison, for example radar range or the number of bogeys it can track at a time and distance.

JF-17 is to make PAF's frontline multirole fighter aircraft. This responsibility is also shared by F-16s in a particular sector, which are C/D varient. You should compare two of the leading aircraft sharing greatest responsibility.
JF-17 defeated F-16A/B in a dogfight with a large margin and are compared with F-16 Block 40. Comparing with older models is just going to give you a statistically wrong figures.

For example you compare JF-17 with F-16A. Can F-16A fire BVR weapon? No, it cannot. Many of the factors don't coincide to give a logical result. F-16C can fire a AIM-120 and JF-17 can fire a SD-10. This makes a fair comparison, for example radar range or the number of bogeys it can track at a time and distance.

what makes you think that a F-16A cannot fire BVR weapons. just bcuz the US did not release the weapon system to PAF at that time, dosnt mean an F-16A cannot fire BVR weapons

the AIM-7 Sparrow was compatible with PAF F-16s but not released by the US

what makes you think that a F-16A cannot fire BVR weapons. just bcuz the US did not release the weapon system to PAF at that time, dosnt mean an F-16A cannot fire BVR weapons

the AIM-7 Sparrow was compatible with PAF F-16s but not released by the US
Feasibly? Yes. But technically? I doubt it would be worthwhile. The A's avionics are analog. A BVR missile is essentially blind unless and/or until it is guided and most have digital avionics, smaller and more compact, making the missile more sophisticated. The translation can be done but not sure if anyone is willing to pay the investment.

Feasibly? Yes. But technically? I doubt it would be worthwhile. The A's avionics are analog. A BVR missile is essentially blind unless and/or until it is guided and most have digital avionics, smaller and more compact, making the missile more sophisticated. The translation can be done but not sure if anyone is willing to pay the investment.

Well I guess that's why PAF has decided to upgrade them. We have quite a lot of AMRAAMs considering the deliveries went without a hitch.

and that's why the MLU to blk-40

PAF F-16s have much less flying hours on them than most of the Vipers did as in the 90s they were used very carefully due spare parts shortages they may be 30 years old but have a lot of life left in them and with MLU they will be virtually rebuilt new airframes.

With out a doubt the pinnacle of modern multirole fighter.

get better with the MLU

if I had found the thread I would not have asked, if you know where it is the n give me a link, if you don't mind.

its either F-16 discussions or PAF participates with other airforces or finally PAF at red flag

Back
Top Bottom