What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

F-15E with 20 SDBs ? You're joking right? Wow

Btw did PAF buy any GBU-39s from the US For their F-16s?

Only the US, Israel and Italy uses the SDB right now (Oto Melara was a partner in the SDB program). Due to the US' rapprochement with India, and its general reluctance to sell such equipment to Pakistan, I don't foresee them being afforded the SDB anytime soon.

China has its own SDB derivative though, and this is an option for Pakistan. No word about its specifications or capabilities though.

CS/BBM2 100 kg SDB
sdb.jpg

Only the US, Israel and Italy uses the SDB right now (Oto Melara was a partner in the SDB program). Due to the US' rapprochement with India, and its general reluctance to sell such equipment to Pakistan, I don't foresee them being afforded the SDB anytime soon.

China has its own SDB derivative though, and this is an option for Pakistan. No word about its specifications or capabilities though.

CS/BBM2 100 kg SDB
View attachment 208926
No actual need for now at least for Shaheens

Sherdils F-16ADF:
An Ex-RJAF F-16 ADF formation from No.19 Sqn "Sherdils" flying over Sargodha.
Sherdils F-16 wear low-viz tail scheme with a lion painted as squadron insignia. Their aircraft have average 3000 flying hours clocked todate.
11129920_1023837887644009_5569171798543346618_n.jpg

they also need upgrading as well

Sherdils F-16ADF:
An Ex-RJAF F-16 ADF formation from No.19 Sqn "Sherdils" flying over Sargodha.
Sherdils F-16 wear low-viz tail scheme with a lion painted as squadron insignia. Their aircraft have average 3000 flying hours clocked todate.
11129920_1023837887644009_5569171798543346618_n.jpg

they also need upgrading as well

I believe they were already upgraded, they just need PAF paint scheme

Their last "update" was in 1997. As such they are still excellent at Air Defence and basic strike duties but in no way compare to those operated by 9 and 11 sqds.

Are they capable of carrying AMRAAMs and Sniper pods?

AMRAAMs yes, SNIPER NO.

So I'm assuming they would only be utilized for air defense duties, unless they do get upgraded.
But it almost seems quite unnecessary, we do have three more squadrons capable of performing strike duties.
They can just use these for ACM sorties, thus extending the lives of MLUs and Blk 52s

Oscar, why did PAF not purchase AIM-120C7 and went for C5? Was it not for offer or because of price?
they buy 506 amraams i was expecting mixed c-5 c-7 but PAF was thinking something else . may be because future of PAF is not with US missiles and we will move toward china

Oscar, why did PAF not purchase AIM-120C7 and went for C5? Was it not for offer or because of price?
The C-7 Variant at the time was the latest and not yet approved for export by the US government . It also is physically slightly different to the C-3 to C-6 variants. Just as with the rest of its allies, the US received the request from Pakistan and placed the order for the C-5 variant in early 2006. There is no exception to it since just 2 years before the UK placed an order for the C-5 variant, and Singapore along with Poland placed the order for the C-5 two years later in sep 2006. By 2007 the C-7 variant was available for export which was ordered by Taiwan and later Jordan and Kuwait .
It should be known that Pakistan's order was finally approved only in Nov 2006 and was completed in the April of 2011.

This does not mean that the C-5 is not capable of being improved and particular improvements occur in production lots routinely. If it wishes, Pakistan can also request the AIM-120C7 or request the field improvements that are being applied to US military lots of C-3 to C-5 missiles.

But they can carry the ATLIS pod....and besides, F-16s were very good with Strike from day one.

But as far as I remember ATLIS are limited to day time strike only
Anyway, all i was trying to say that maybe PAF should utilize these more than our MLUs for training purposes, just to keep MLU and 52s cycles low.

Back
Top Bottom