What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

written by a Viper pilot.

http://www.airvectors.net/

All written materials on this website are the work of Greg Goebel and are free for all use. All images on this site marked "GVG" are also the work of Greg Goebel and are free for all use.

Proper citation of any materials taken from this site would be appreciated, and it is recommended that revision codes be retained, since these materials are regularly updated and it's good to recognize outdated items in circulation. Top and bottom menus provide navigation -- including sitemap, updates, and Google search -- along with access to email, a blog, and a set of hyperlinks. A banner at the bottom of the page promotes a particular document each month, along with access to a comment board and a donations page. All sensible feedback is welcome.

559852_563764216974598_250820050_n.jpg

F-16A/B/C/D/E/F's Aircraft Gun the "23-mm Vulcan Cannon" capable of firing upto 500 Rounds in one Mission Sortie.

Viper Driver Flying Hours

Wg.Cmd. Ghazanfar Latif

Viper Driver
Name Wg.Cmd. Ghazanfar Latif
Country
Unit 9th squadron "Griffins"
Flying F-16s from 1996
Viper Hours 2500

F-16 Flying Hours
2,000 Hours #507 on the 2K list
Unit 9th squadron "Griffins" [Unit History]
Date 30 April 2012

Comment In March/April 2012, Wg Cdr Ghazanfar Latif (then OC No.5 Sqn) reached the unique milestone of becoming the 8th Pakistan Air Force F-16 pilot to complete 2000hrs. Wg Cdr Ghazanfar has been flying F-16s since 1996 and apart from participating in domestic exercises & operational deployments. He has also actively participated in several multinational exercises for PAF that include Exercise Anatolian Eagle 2004 (Turkey), Indus Viper 2008 (Pakistan) and Falcon Talon 2009 (Pakistan).

1,000 Hours #2675 on the 1K list

Sir with due respect..... but i thought you were the most authentic source of PAF Viper... you asking this sought of question really raised my eyebrow!

An older version flying solo made me curious..... and just to be sure, isn't it good to get a second opinion. !!

well looks like we are gonna be sanctioned again i wonder what will happen to the f 16 now :/

we are creating some of spares ourselves and upgrading F-16s engine at PAC....
well in case of sanctions for long time all F-16s would be grounded and it will result in emergency acquiring of 3-4 squadrons J-10Bs....:yu:

well looks like we are gonna be sanctioned again i wonder what will happen to the f 16 now :/

This is and will remain a constant threat - and yet it's interesting that Pakistani armed forces, especially senior officers, seem to have more than a soft spot for the US - Pakistani defense acquisitions, sorry, defense grants, because Pakistan generally is not in a position to purchase top of the line defense equipment, that it seems to think it must have.

Still love those F16? No worries Uncle will allow you to fly them, when uncle decides it's in uncle's interests - in the meantime just collect your salary that uncle subsidizes

what ever f-16 have can be accomplished with jf-17 your are only missing 1 g worth of what ever you wanna call it, AND F-16 will retire from the USAF soon So then Paf Will have to look at a Jf-17 based Stealth Fighter which can rival F-35 offcourse single jet
F-16 and Paf is bassed on the fact that USaF have these USAF had Sabers PAF got SABers USAF got F-16 PAF got f-16 USAF will get f-35 PAF will have to get some thing bassed on that that rivals it and US wont sell f-35 to Paf so only option left is China and I think Jf-17 Out performs F-16 because of capabilities it has

Back
Top Bottom