What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

June 28/06: Pakistan. Pakistan requests up to 96 MIDS-LVT terminals; 36 as part of its $3 billion request for up to 36 F-16C/D Block 50/52s, and 60 more MIDS-LVT units in their $1.3 billion request for F-16 mid-life update kits. Observant analysts note that Pakistan only has 28 older-model F-16A/Bs,(actually 32) which implies that these upgrades would be placed in second-hand F-16A/Bs acquired on the global market with US permission (the USA must approve all resales of the military equipment it sells).
Pakistan request

Pakistan getting F-35 jets after 2020
F-35 Lightning II

Role Stealth Multirole Fighter

First flight 15 December 2006

Introduction 2014 USAF

Source:
http://worlddefenseblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/pakistan-getting-f-35-jets-after-2020.html

You have posted a blog as a source, which is not reliable and US have not offered it to PAF and PAF have not shown any interest in it as their future 5th gen stealth plane.

Further F-35 project is already delayed and project member countries have long orders so Lockheed Martin will be very busy in fulfilling those first after that NATO and allies will come next and US don't want its best tech to fall into Chinese hand so its nearly impossible for PAF to get them without giving too much away.

Also our new and upgraded F-16 are not 4.5 gen planes because US have not provided AESA radars for them. If US is not willing to sale systems which can make PAF balance power in the region than how they may be willing to sale somthing which might give PAF some edge in Air, specially when they are getting closer n closer to India to counter rising China.

Last edited:
Azm-e-Nau-4
Army+field+exercise+Azm-e-Nau-4+ne+er+Jets,+Attack+Helicopters,+Tanks,+APCs+and+Missiles+In+Actionf-16+mlu+am+bm+f-16+c+d+block+52+%281%29.jpg

This white and green background is making my life really difficult. Could someone please change it. .

They have all golden canopies too.
Have Glass-I canopies.
indium-tin-oxide layer to the gold tinted cockpit canopy. This is reflective to radar frequencies but actually reduces the plane's visibility to radar. An ordinary canopy would let radar signals straight through where they would strike the many edges and corners inside and bounce back strongly to the source, the reflective layer dissipates these signals instead.
The Gold tint goes dark when exposed to high levels of radiation.. say after a nuclear blast.

Have Glass-I canopies.

The Gold tint goes dark when exposed to high levels of radiation.. say after a nuclear blast.
That's what I pointed out. I don't reckon 705 and 713 to have these prior to the MLU.

That's what I pointed out. I don't reckon 705 and 713 to have these prior to the MLU.

Some of them did have them, as replacement canopies were sourced from various suppliers prior to the MLU. e.g is 85728.. which had a gold tint prior to MLU.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom