What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

img_5998_detail.jpg
chaff dispenser .... ???

This is an Israeli F-16 showing how they installed extra chaff & flare dispensers under the fuselage.
Old Falcons had only two chaff and flare dispensers right at the edge of horizontal stabilators.

The Norwegians had a pylon with chaff and flare dispenser. Wrong idea cause these were hitting the aircraft after being launched.The Israeli are allowed to do everything (it is USA-2) but this idea looks strange. Block 52 has extra stations direct next to the previous ones.

If PAF is in talk with different countries for new fleet we cannot rule out talks for EU 2000 apart from J10B

Not likely. We can not be certain about J10B, but Typhoon is too expensive for us. We can rule that out for sure.

Not likely. We can not be certain about J10B, but Typhoon is too expensive for us. We can rule that out for sure.
I agree with you...but you see we dont have much options. As COAS said they are in talks with different countries to induct a new platform. we can safely assume J10B is for sure..in other platform only EU2000 is left because India already finalized Rafale. we can not bid on any Russian jet.
anyways this is my personal opinion.

I agree with you...but you see we dont have much options. As COAS said they are in talks with different countries to induct a new platform. we can safely assume J10B is for sure..in other platform only EU2000 is left because India already finalized Rafale. we can not bid on any Russian jet.
anyways this is my personal opinion.

Nothing is certain or sure, including Rafale for India. We are at the edge of survival because of our economy. That alone matters more than any weapon system. You are reading too much into a statement. What happens is more important than what is said.

Nothing is certain or sure, including Rafale for India. We are at the edge of survival because of our economy. That alone matters more than any weapon system. You are reading too much into a statement. What happens is more important than what is said.
yeah maybe COAS wanted to get rid of journalist..

1. we already tested Rafale years ago...
2. India has tested it so heavily and decided it to buy... Why would Pakistan?
3. It is as expensive as....
4. we are not arabs so we buy EF2000...

If FC20...Super. Else J31 in the far future. Nothing else.

1. we already tested Rafale years ago...
2. India has tested it so heavily and decided it to buy... Why would Pakistan?
3. It is as expensive as....
4. we are not arabs so we buy EF2000...

If FC20...Super. Else J31 in the far future. Nothing else.

PAF can buy few squadrons of either Typhoon, Rafale or Grippen as a stop gap until they have FC-20 or J-31. First three are available now and can be inducted much quicker than latter two.

Trident... Just buy a few squadrons? How would you explain that these options would be quicker? Are you sarcastic?

The issue is that we need air defense and not massive ground attack or deep strike. So do we need big planes and risk pilots or tracking by enemy?

In the past one needed two engines and two pilots to have decent range, weaponload and big radar with good avionics. Now with netcentric warfare and much smaller sensors the goal is no longer huge planes. Besides that at the moment passing the border is a jump in the middle of the minefield! Both sides have tons of radars, sams etc...

I do not think J16 fits in Pakistani profile. Pakistan moved to asymmetric warfare. Most deep strike work is moved to BM/CM or smart weapons. Even on the border they moved to small nuclear bombs (Nasr)...

One thing that does fit is the J31. Till then we will see nothing else besides... JF17, FC20. Trust me.

The issue is that we need air defense and not massive ground attack or deep strike. So do we need big planes and risk pilots or tracking by enemy?

In the past one needed two engines and two pilots to have decent range, weaponload and big radar with good avionics. Now with netcentric warfare and much smaller sensors the goal is no longer huge planes. Besides that at the moment passing the border is a jump in the middle of the minefield! Both sides have tons of radars, sams etc...

I do not think J16 fits in Pakistani profile. Pakistan moved to asymmetric warfare. Most deep strike work is moved to BM/CM or smart weapons. Even on the border they moved to small nuclear bombs (Nasr)...

One thing that does fit is the J31. Till then we will see nothing else besides... JF17, FC20. Trust me.
What time is now in Pakistan? China is now the time is 22:55

Back
Top Bottom