What's new

Pakistan frees mentally ill woman after 14 years for blasphemy

Mentally I'll maybe ? It kinda shows how people justify them selves to save their arse! To my point I think she's claimed to be mental but she ain't putting some one in for 14 years is wrong but do we know if she was mental or not? That what we need to know and evidence aswell maybe a video of her without medication ?

"Piss off we're full to on this forum".

In other words:

images

You guys are nuts.

Pakistan frees mentally ill woman on Qur'an charge after 14 years | World news | The Guardian

A court has freed a mentally ill woman who has been held without trial for 14 years on allegations of desecrating the Qur'an. Under Pakistan's strict blasphemy laws, anyone accused of insulting Islam, the prophet Muhammad or the Qur'an can be sentenced to death. Zaibun Nisa, 60, was arrested in 1996 after a Muslim prayer leader told police that someone had desecrated the holy book. Her family did not challenge the charge, and the woman was sent to a mental hospital in Lahore. Her lawyer said he was shocked to know that police had arrested her despite knowing that she was mentally ill.

india keeps the pakistanis who mistakenly pass the indian border, read about some pakistanis who did this and have served 30+ years in prison and still serving

dont bring religion into every thing that, its because of religion and focus on woder perspective. actually its because of corrupt police we are fed up with them too

so we are justified to bash hindu extremisn after all, after all the rants coming here, are all stupid idiots..

india keeps the pakistanis who mistakenly pass the indian border, read about some pakistanis who did this and have served 30+ years in prison and still serving

Totally off-topic.

dont bring religion into every thing that, its because of religion and focus on woder perspective. actually its because of corrupt police we are fed up with them too

No, it is because a maulvi has got the right to accuse anybody of blasphemy, and an allegation is enough to land you in extended judicial remand.

so we are justified to bash hindu extremisn after all, after all the rants coming here, are all stupid idiots..
Derailing thread as usual.

You guys cannot come to terms with the fact that blasphemy laws are abused, all in the name of religion. Hiding your inner Talib is difficulty and you have to resort to these usual rants aimed at derailing threads.

Thank you for calling Taliban customer service, my name is Navkhan how can I answer your question today?

people like you who keep ranting in this pakistani forum as some think tank member indicated, are not needed at all, rest all depends on mods..

it will certainly be good ridence, in case of you.. and others like u..

then take this advice, send your police to home, shut down all the courts and let god do justice. :tdown:

Yes, I will take your advice, send my police to (sic) home, shut down all the courts and let god do justice in matters of faith, sentiment, and religion. For everything else, those organizations are in business.

then why dnt u guys release ajmal Ameer kasav , just leave the decision on god.

Kind of answered it above.

God has already made decision's, to do justice to people who insult's his Prophet's.

We r only here to implement those decision, and extradite people to hell.

Please show me a copy of the work order you received from god.

No, it is because a maulvi has got the right to accuse anybody of blasphemy, and an allegation is enough to land you in extended judicial remand.

but laws are not made by maulvis

certainly not controlled by maulvis nor talibans, if the law is misused like many other laws, which are not blasphemy laws nor minoritiy laws, then only law enforcement agencies are responsible...

If somebody disgrace islam, quran, or Prophet (s.a.w) then being a true muslim we should send him to Hell.. As Sahaba (r.a) did with muslima kazab and ghazi alam din shaheed did with <i dnt remembr that crap name >, as far as that mental women concern who knws may be she just pretending.
:hitwall:
People like you are the exact reason why Islam is equated with intolerance.

Is your faith so weak that you have to resort to killing people? :rolleyes:

Insulting Islam is a great sin to a Muslim only. Why does your government not differentiate between sin and crime? And why the hell would your justice system throw a mentally ill woman in jail for 14 years without trial for looking at a Koran the wrong way??? Pakistan needs a world of improvement before I can think of booking a hotel there for a weekend.
Obviously proper lawful procedures were not followed. The courts let her go. It was a major screw up and the people involved in her arrest 14 years ago should be charged.

Let them abuse, why should Muslims care? It's not like they are physically harming you. Just ignore it and move on with your life. Fundamentalist Mullahs kill people, 'blasphemers' don't, especially if they are mentally sick.

Why don't you use the blasphemy law against terrorists? After all, they are distorting religion to get people killed. Why aren't you worried about that?

just in case , if some body abuse ur family or ur parents infront of u in gathering , what will be ur reaction < i m sure u'll kick his *** > ,
and For God Sake guys dnt get mixed up with normal muslims who love islam and its peaceful teachings , with those indian backed taliban fundamits

Trust me I am ready to go to hell, Seriously people, you think by these lines you will portray Islam as a peace full religion?

then what r u doing here ? Man go go you are getting late.

I've always seen Blasphemy laws as rondhu laws. People who can't take a bit of verbal abuse, they throw a tantrum and demand physical harm come to the other person.

1) Either their own imaan (faith) is so weak that it is shattered by a few simple words
2) They believe that it is okay to force people to be adherent to their religion

Either way its standpoint of losers, bullies and of course, rondhus or whining cowards. Be brave, have actual faith in your beliefs, protect it through counter-acting the words. Only people who are not fully convinced that their religion is right will resort to violence and physical mistreatment of the other to protect some sort of community more than the religion.

then what r u doing here ? Man go go you are getting late.

You place the importance of your theology (in this case sending people to hell for indiscretions) over the well being of your countrymen. This is the difference between Pakistanis and those who hijack Pakistan.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Obviously proper lawful procedures were not followed. The courts let her go. It was a major screw up and the people involved in her arrest 14 years ago should be charged.

As well as those in charge of maintaining her imprisonment for 14 years, I agree. If normal procedure was not followed, the blasphemy laws are allowing circumstantial loopholes and abuse. Your law is in conflict with much of modern penal codes to begin with.

You place the importance of your theology (in this case sending people to hell for indiscretions) over the well being of your countrymen. This is the difference between Pakistanis and those who hijack Pakistan.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

As well as those in charge of maintaining her imprisonment for 14 years, I agree. If normal procedure was not followed, the blasphemy laws are allowing circumstantial loopholes and abuse. Your law is in conflict with much of modern penal codes to begin with.
One of our members, Meesna worded it best. Till these laws are abolished we're probably one of the few nations left in the world that are constitutionally an apartheid state.

Several attempts are being made continuously - twice in Musharraf's time (failed due to protests), and now once again after the attacks on Ahmedis, hopefully change will come as people's perception of right and wrong is changed.

At least the status quo is no longer acceptable to many Pakistanis themselves.

Back
Top Bottom