What's new

Pakistan frees mentally ill woman after 14 years for blasphemy

New Recruit

Reaction score
<unnecessary>

Pakistan frees mentally ill woman on Qur'an charge after 14 years | World news | The Guardian

A court has freed a mentally ill woman who has been held without trial for 14 years on allegations of desecrating the Qur'an. Under Pakistan's strict blasphemy laws, anyone accused of insulting Islam, the prophet Muhammad or the Qur'an can be sentenced to death. Zaibun Nisa, 60, was arrested in 1996 after a Muslim prayer leader told police that someone had desecrated the holy book. Her family did not challenge the charge, and the woman was sent to a mental hospital in Lahore. Her lawyer said he was shocked to know that police had arrested her despite knowing that she was mentally ill.

Last edited by a moderator:
well insulting islam is a great sin but since she was mentally ill it is sheer foolishness to put her under trial, but anyways i aint any scholar so dont know much regarding this.

Insulting Islam is a great sin to a Muslim only. Why does your government not differentiate between sin and crime? And why the hell would your justice system throw a mentally ill woman in jail for 14 years without trial for looking at a Koran the wrong way??? Pakistan needs a world of improvement before I can think of booking a hotel there for a weekend.

i don't think somebody deserves these stone-age punishments if they don't agree with Islam.
What action do you plan to take to help ensure this doesn't happen in the future? Also, do you think this poor woman and her family should be compensated for her un-benign treatment?

well insulting islam is a great sin but since she was mentally ill it is sheer foolishness to put her under trial, but anyways i aint any scholar so dont know much regarding this.

do you need to be a scholar to know that punishing a mentally ill person is wrong?? they do not know what they are doing mate.

Dont you think there should be a trial before putting someone like that in prison?

If somebody disgrace islam, quran, or Prophet (s.a.w) then being a true muslim we should send him to Hell.. As Sahaba (r.a) did with muslima kazab and ghazi alam din shaheed did with <i dnt remembr that crap name >, as far as that mental women concern who knws may be she just pretending.

If somebody disgrace islam, quran, or Prophet (s.a.w) then being a true muslim we should send him to Hell.. As Sahaba (r.a) did with muslima kazab and ghazi alam din shaheed did with <i dnt remembr that crap name >, as far as that mental women concern who knws may be she just pretending.

Thank you for calling Taliban customer service, my name is Navkhan how can I answer your question today?

Maybe she was ill after all, and mistakes do happen..instead of reacting to hot headed mullah.
And reaper.. we arent dying to have you here either..stay out then.

If you truly believe there is a god, and trust him to do justice, let him take care of sending people to hell. Who are you, or someone else to do make that decision?

Maybe she was ill after all, and mistakes do happen..instead of reacting to hot headed mullah.
And reaper.. we arent dying to have you here either..stay out then.

Don't worry, with such a plethora of extremist sentiments bordering on terror sympathizing, the closest I'll come to Pakistan is this forum. I can see you'd make an excellent ambassador for your country.

"Piss off we're full"

A mentally ill person, in incarceration for over a dozen years without trial on charges that could not possibly be proven (oral evidence is not enough).

Trying to support this in any way shows your inhumane nature only.

We need to repeal the blasphemy laws and replace them with hate laws. You speak anything bad about any other religion, you should get a civil fine and possibly criminal punishment (that includes maulvi sahibaan speaking against Ahmedis and Shias and Barelvis).

If you truly believe there is a god, and trust him to do justice, let him take care of sending people to hell. Who are you, or someone else to do make that decision?
then take this advice, send your police to home, shut down all the courts and let god do justice. :tdown:

Don't worry, with such a plethora of extremist sentiments bordering on terror sympathizing, the closest I'll come to Pakistan is this forum. I can see you'd make an excellent ambassador for your country.

"Piss off we're full"
dont sweat it, even dont come near this forum.

Thank you for calling Taliban customer service, my name is Navkhan how can I answer your question today?

man islam is very simple religion " according to Ahadit ' islam is like a straight line ' .. And remember its not about the taliban its about islam ,
thanks for calling Taliban customer care center , fi Aman Allah

Back
Top Bottom