What's new

Pakistan - from eyes of a 'tourist'.

^^Well i dont have problem with people being nice with tourists and visitors of whatever nationality religion or ethnicity,. We should be nice to our guests.
But if the reason behind being nice is solely to impress 'that american' or impress that 'german' or whatever,i call it slave mentality.
There is no slave mentality in appreciating who is better than you, and asking for help is available.
The whole world is going gaga over chinease achievements, does that mean we are slave of chinease.

...if the reason behind being nice is solely to impress 'that american' or impress that 'german' or whatever,i call it slave mentality.
I never realized there was such a close relationship between deception and slave mentality.

And what is that supposed to mean? Women go in western attire all the time to Pakistan

I meant that probably the author had a set stereotype in her mind about women in western clothes in Pakistan and saw what she wanted to confirm that stereotype..Its very common, specially in westerners about stuff like poverty, terrorism etc..

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Yes, exactly right. One sees what they want to see. Just like bharatis wanting to see a negative stereotype of Pakistan even if ground realities are different.

I guess you misunderstood me. I was agreeing to Dance.. :)

052scarlettMOS_468x575.jpg

'No accident': Scarlett Keeling's body was found half-naked and with ante-mortem injuries

Mother of British girl , 15, 'raped and murdered' in Goa accuses Indian police of cover-up

A grieving mother whose 15-year-old daughter was found dead in Goa last month accused police yesterday of covering up her rape and murder after the case was reopened.

Scarlett Keeling's half-naked body was found by on a deserted beach at the resort of Anjuna – but detectives had initially declared she had drowned accidentally.

But her mother Fiona MacKeown, 43, has uncovered a string of signs pointing to murder following a postmortem examination by authorities in the Indian state.

Most seriously, she said, the investigation found little water in Scarlett's lungs, while her mouth was full of sand.

There were also a number of bruises on her body. The teenager, a strong swimmer, was wearing only her bikini top, which had been pulled up around her neck.

Mrs MacKeown herself found the rest of her daughter's clothes - bikini bottom, shorts and sandals, one of which had a broken strap - some distance away a few days after the tragedy.

The post-mortem also revealed that Scarlett, who was last seen alive in a cafe at 4am on the day she died, February 18, had recently had sex, although it was not clear whether it was by force.

Mrs MacKeown, from Bideford, Devon, told The Times:“Without doubt they are trying to cover things up. I have viewed my daughter's body.

"The police said there were no abrasions and her body is covered in them."

She added: "Some people say Scarlett was drunk on her last night, but I know my daughter, she wasn't a drinker. She just didn't like drinking.

"Scarlett's death was no accident. She was a very good swimmer - she grew up body-boarding near where we live."

Soon after Mrs MacKeown said she had hired an Indian lawyer to seek "justice" for her daughter, the authorities in India opened a new investigation.
Tourists must take responsibility for themselves, India warns after two Britons found dead in Goa in two weeks | Mail Online

:lol: World seems to agree with most accusations claimed by India, however the media does sensationalize a bit.

pakistani hospitality is well known, I'm afraid this forum says otherwise. :tup:

World or do you mean just some parts of the world?

Regardless, what 'the world' you're talking about sees comes from media. It doesn't reflect ground reality. Your argument is an argumentum ad populum fallacy.

No, you will find many foreigners flying to India. People get used to foreigners flying to here, nothing new.
May be very few to pakistan, that too on PIA.

India isn't awash with foreigners wanting to go there, duh.

That is why during the Commonwealth Games (which did bring foreigners), they had to tell local people that if they p!ss or sh!t in the street, they will face severe consequences.

Back
Top Bottom