What's new

Pakistan has defaulted : Khawaja Asif

PTI plan was clear, bearing a few hiccups and stupidity. Control CAD, control non development expenditure while build capacity to increase exports.

Was working but would have taken a decade or two to reap benefits. Political chaos and RCO ensued and all bets were off.

And now we are here with PDM.

PTI plan was clear, bearing a few hiccups and stupidity. Control CAD, control non development expenditure while build capacity to increase exports.

Was working but would have taken a decade or two to reap benefits. Political chaos and RCO ensued and all bets were off.

And now we are here with PDM.
This plan was thrown out of the window as soon as competent Hafeez Sheikh was replaced by the dumbass Shaukat Tarin.

Imran Khan started offering fuel subsidies for the public in the name of "relief" before he got overthrown and PDM continued this retarded sh*t. We will all know that PMLN and PPP are full of c**ts but this doesn't mean that IK is a saint. I can write multiple pages on his numerous retarded policies. In his recent podcast, he was asked great questions by Muzamil but he failed to answer most of them and straight up dodged some of them. He has no plan on how to fix this country.

If we want our country to succeed then we need to stop acting like cultists sucking off our favourite cult leader. You need to start logically questioning policies and then demand politicians to fix them in a manner that you find most suitable. Additionally, you should do proper research before figuring out which solution is the most suitable. If this can't be done then Pakistan will continue to remain a jahil nation.

@VCheng @Bleek @Vapnope

I strongly agree with what you have said here, commend you for openly saying it, and hope that others can find the maturity necessary to emulate this train of thought.

Imran Khan started offering fuel subsidies for the public in the name of "relief" before he got overthrown and PDM continued this retarded sh*t. We will all know that PMLN and PPP are full of c**ts but this doesn't mean that IK is a saint. I can write multiple pages on his numerous retarded policies. In his recent podcast, he was asked great questions by Muzamil but he failed to answer most of them and straight up dodged some of them. He has no plan on how to fix this country.

If we want our country to succeed then we need to stop acting like cultists sucking off our favourite cult leader. You need to start logically questioning policies and then demand politicians to fix them in a manner that you find most suitable. Additionally, you should do proper research before figuring out which solution is the most suitable. If this can't be done then Pakistan will continue to remain a jahil nation.

@VCheng @Bleek @Vapnope
Kindly share stats not articles.

Imran khn gave subsidy of how much? lets say 50 rupees, current price is 122 rupees increase and yet its not controllable? Health card closed, shelter houses closes etc

So 50 rupees subsidy by imran khan for 3 last month made this pdm govt to make our reserves from $16 Billion to $3 Billion, made our loss from export and remittance of $12 Billilon annually

This is why I said share facts and stats and not Geo tv rona dhona

Last edited:
I strongly agree with what you have said here, commend you for openly saying it, and hope that others can find the maturity necessary to emulate this train of thought.
I want to thank you for giving me the nudge that I needed to completely stop believing that a messiah can come to fix this nation's problems. Thinking about this now makes me realize how incredibly foolish I was at the time.

Imran khn gave subsidy of how much? lets say 50 rupees, current price is 122 rupees increase and yet its not controllable? Health card closed, shelter houses closes etc

So 50 rupees subsidy by imran khan for 3 last month made this pdm govt to make our reserves from $16 Billion to $3 Billion, made our loss from export and remittance of $12 Billilon annually

Pakistan to freeze petrol, electricity prices despite global rise -PM Khan

By Asif Shahzad

ISLAMABAD, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Pakistan's prime minister, Imran Khan, on Monday announced a cut in petrol and electricity prices despite a steep rise in the global oil market, pledging to freeze the new rates until the next budget in June.

The move comes as Khan's opposition, already engaged in street protests over what they say is his mismanagement of the economy and rising inflation, says it is set to propose a no-confidence motion in parliament to oust him.

Petrol and diesel prices will be slashed by 10 rupees a litre and electricity rates will be cut by 5 rupees per unit, Khan said in a televised address to the nation.

The prices of both commodities have risen multiple times in the past year under directions from International Monetary Fund (IMF) as part of a reform agenda it agreed upon with Pakistan in 2019 and which is set to continue with a $6 billion rescue package.

"We have decided that we will not raise prices of these two things until next budget," Khan said.

Khan's announcement came as the price of Brent crude oil recently surpassed $100 a barrel in the global market.

Pakistan's economy has lately been under pressure due to a widening current account deficit and depleting foreign reserves.

"This will be achieved by reducing PDL (petroleum levy) in the short-term but by a funded subsidy in the long term," Energy Minister Hammad Azhar said in a tweet.

"You know why is this being done as you see the opposition is already marching toward Islamabad," an opposition leader, Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar, told Geo News TV, referring to Khan's pledges.

Khokhar's Pakistan People's Party (PPP) has begun a protest march from southern Sindh province against rising inflation. It is scheduled to reach Islamabad on March 8.

Another main opposition party, the Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) of former two time Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, has been lobbying for a no-confidence move in parliament against Khan.

I want to thank you for giving me the nudge that I needed to completely stop believing that a messiah can come to fix this nation's problems. Thinking about this now makes me realize how incredibly foolish I was at the time.
economy works on stats, figure which shows reality and not just talks or watching geo tv channel by anchors who cant even run without lefafa said by shabbar zaidi not me

IMF asked Pakistan to show how it would fund $1.5 billion subsidy package

By Asif Shahzad

ISLAMABAD, March 20 (Reuters) - The International Money Fund (IMF) has asked Pakistan to explain how it would fund a $1.5 billion subsidy package announced by Prime Minister Imran Khan, Finance Minister Shaukat Tarin said on Sunday.

"There are no issues. We have given them details as to where the funds would come from," Tarin said, adding the IMF wanted details of the resources to fund the subsidy in fuel and electricity, which Pakistan has frozen for the next four months until the new budget.
The IMF has begun the seventh review of the $6 billion rescue package agreed with Pakistan in 2019, and Tarin said he will have a final meeting with the lender on Tuesday.
The IMF asked it will need to see the agreements of the dividends of State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) as well as details of the spare funds the central government will get from provinces.

"We have done our homework," Tarin said.

Some of the subsidy money would also come from above-target revenues Pakistan was getting this fiscal year, he had said previously.

Earlier this month, Tarin said revenue would hit 6.1 trillion Pakistani rupees ($34.2 billion), compared to a target of 5.8 trillion rupees.

Embattled Khan, facing a no-confidence move to oust him from office by opposition parties, had announced a cut in petrol and electricity prices despite a steep rise in the global oil market.

The south Asian country had to undertake fiscal tightening measures to pass its last IMF review, which was delayed by
months as the government struggled to complete prior action required by the lender to release $1 billion in February.

Pakistan to freeze petrol, electricity prices despite global rise -PM Khan

By Asif Shahzad

ISLAMABAD, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Pakistan's prime minister, Imran Khan, on Monday announced a cut in petrol and electricity prices despite a steep rise in the global oil market, pledging to freeze the new rates until the next budget in June.

The move comes as Khan's opposition, already engaged in street protests over what they say is his mismanagement of the economy and rising inflation, says it is set to propose a no-confidence motion in parliament to oust him.

Petrol and diesel prices will be slashed by 10 rupees a litre and electricity rates will be cut by 5 rupees per unit, Khan said in a televised address to the nation.

The prices of both commodities have risen multiple times in the past year under directions from International Monetary Fund (IMF) as part of a reform agenda it agreed upon with Pakistan in 2019 and which is set to continue with a $6 billion rescue package.

"We have decided that we will not raise prices of these two things until next budget," Khan said.

Khan's announcement came as the price of Brent crude oil recently surpassed $100 a barrel in the global market.

Pakistan's economy has lately been under pressure due to a widening current account deficit and depleting foreign reserves.

"This will be achieved by reducing PDL (petroleum levy) in the short-term but by a funded subsidy in the long term," Energy Minister Hammad Azhar said in a tweet.

"You know why is this being done as you see the opposition is already marching toward Islamabad," an opposition leader, Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar, told Geo News TV, referring to Khan's pledges.

Khokhar's Pakistan People's Party (PPP) has begun a protest march from southern Sindh province against rising inflation. It is scheduled to reach Islamabad on March 8.

Another main opposition party, the Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) of former two time Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, has been lobbying for a no-confidence move in parliament against Khan.
Another article

Where our $12 billion gone from $16 billion?
why our exports down and not increase
why our remittance down?

Imran khan came in power in 2018 with $8 billion and export $24 billion and remittance $22billion

then 2 years of corona faced he manage to increase every factor and yet running every sector perfectly.

As i said Stop watching Geo tv or paid lefafa anchors old bhudda

and come to face the reality with figure and facts

economy works on stats, figure which shows reality and not just talks or watching geo tv channel by anchors who cant even run without lefafa said by shabbar zaidi not me
I don't watch our brain-dead media. For the record, Ary News is just as pathetic as Geo News. Both of them appeal to cultists. Geo News caters to the PMLN cultists and Ary News caters to the PTI cultists.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out how disastrous of a policy it is to fix the price of a commodity when it's increasing rapidly in the global market. PDM took this stupidity to the next level by granting even further "reliefs".

I don't watch our brain-dead media. For the record, Ary News is just as pathetic as Geo News. Both of them appeal to cultists. Geo News caters to the PMLN cultists and Ary News caters to the PTI cultists.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out how disastrous of a policy it is to fix the price of a commodity when it's increasing rapidly in the global market. PDM took this stupidity to the next level by granting even further "reliefs".
I am not sure about that.. but Ik once cleared that they convinced the IMF team that they have to give subsidies and Pak will cut its expenses by austerity measures and saving from some other projects.
Now, these subsidies gave rise to bumper crops and a boost to textile mills. More or less by eating simple and investing in business/education etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom