What's new

Pakistan has secured its nuclear weapons: Obama

pkd

Reaction score

NEW YORK, April 6 (APP) President Barrack Obama, underscoring the need for nuclear safety around the world, has said he is confident that Pakistan has secured its atomic weapons. “I feel confident that Pakistan has secured its nuclear weapons. I am concerned about nuclear security all around the world, not just in Pakistan but everywhere,” he said in an interview with The New York Times published on Tuesday. Pointedly asked what steps he had taken to ensure the safety of Pakistan’s nuclear weapons, Obama said he was not going to talk about the details of Islamabad’s nuclear programme.

The president comments came hours before he was set to unveil a new nuclear policy on Tuesday that officials said would reduce the role of atomic weapons in US national security strategy.

Obama’s new nuclear posture comes two days before he signs a treaty with Russia to slash stockpiles of long-range nuclear warheads by a third, and less than a week before he hosts world leaders at a key nuclear summit in Washington.

“We constantly have to find ways that we can further improve our approach,” he said.

“And as I said, right now, one of my biggest concerns has to do with the loose nuclear materials that are still floating out there.

It remains more likely that a threat arises because of some smuggled HEU or plutonium than that a terrorist organization obtains a fully built nuclear weapon. “And so we’ve got to guard against that, and that’s exactly why this nuclear summit is so important”.

http://ftp.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=100027&Itemid=1

Last edited:

KABUL, April 6 (APP): Former Afghan President Prof. Burhanuddin Rabbani has said that Afghan people cannot forget Pakistani support during the Soviet invasion and hosting millions of refugees so far.Talking to APP, Prof Rabbani said both the countries have historical relations and shared deep-rooted bonds of history, culture, geography, customs, languages, literature and faith.He said the Pakistani government always extended full support to Afghan people at the time of trial.

“ Pakistan is still hosting millions of Afghan refugees and we can not forget the hospitality given by its people during Afghan Jihad”.
Prof. Rabbani said both the neighboring countries were facing challenges like extremism, terrorism and poverty etc.
He said Pakistan-Afghan relations would further strengthen with each passing day. “ We hope that Pakistan will also play active role in the reconstruction and rehabilitation of infrastructure in war-torn Afghanistan”.
He said friendship and cooperation between the two Muslim brotherly countries would continue and would help ensure stability in the region.
He thanked Pakistan government for initiating host of development projects for the welfare of Afghan people.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Afghans can’t forget Pakistani support during Jihad: Prof Rabbani

Where is obama????????????

and where is that nuclear weapons news as the title says ?????????

Like we have discussed in several threads our nukes were and will remain always in safe hands! It was just a meanless propaganda done by india and israel against Pakistan but it haven't work!:lol:

Oh great, some multi-billion dollar nuclear deal coming up.

its highly significant knowing that there is nuclear summit coming up in US.

^ aj do you think that pakistan can stil bag a nuclear deal ?

Hi
Actually Pakistan enjoys a good security record regarding the safety of Nukes, its is not dependent on President Obama's certification, & the talk that Pakistani Nukes might fall into wrong hands :blah::blah: are just preposterous assumptions and off course solely a propaganda.

Pakistani Nuclear Weapons: Obama Certified.

Thats what I am thinking!! Here many Pakistani members enjoying Obama's certification but if he said something like that wrt Russia, China or India they should become angry. Because a nuclear armed country does not require others specially US's certificate. They also certified Iraq having WMD!!

Thats what I am thinking!! Here many Pakistani members enjoying Obama's certification but if he said something like that wrt Russia, China or India they should become angry. Because a nuclear armed country does not require others specially US's certificate. They also certified Iraq having WMD!!

Dear we are not happy because it was certified by Obama, but we are happy because this statement has brought end to an eternal debate on the security of Pakistan's Nuclear Arsenal. And Obama accepting that means that we wont be wasting time clearing our position, especially to indian press and politicians when they have bouts or concerns for us. :pakistan::bounce::pakistan:

I think u dont understand wat he meant????
Its was about the possiable nuclear deal with USA.
And about india being angry LOL u made me laugh.
And if we go by ur cheap shot then by them indians are......
and indra gandhi was a ....

Dear we are not happy because it was certified by Obama, but we are happy because this statement has brought end to an eternal debate on the security of Pakistan's Nuclear Arsenal. And Obama accepting that means that we wont be wasting time clearing our position, especially to indian press and politicians when they have brouts or concerns for us. :pakistan::bounce::pakistan:

Yup.. thats a valid point... but the problem is getting the US congress to accept it as well. These days, no matter what obama does in this country.. people seem to have disagreements.

But its definitly a step forward.. good luck.

Yup.. thats a valid point... but the problem is getting the US congress to accept it as well. These days, not matter what obama does in this country.. people seem to have disagreements.

But its definitly a step forward.. good luck.

Lady Luck seems to be favoring Pakistan these days. ;)

Back
Top Bottom