What's new

Pakistan in diplomatic push to reset ties with Bangladesh

You have indians in this forum, what do you expect.

It's become so predictable and monotonous that even I'm not going to respond. It's like trying to flying a car across the sky.............................:disagree:......................That sort of behaviour is very apt for 1995-2015. But not anymore..........................:disagree:

And this process is under such ruler whom seems many of our brothers dislike very much .

I said that we should carefully observe both side of a coin before making any type of judgment. :)
Why suddenly you are asking all of us to become fond of Hasina when she forced us to wait for two decades to improve relationship with Pakistan? She was after her Godfather India, nothing else counted to her except kowtowing to India.

Now, we should rather thank India for bullying its Muslims that has opened a window of opportunity for BD to patch up the long neglected relationship with Pakistan.

Hasina cannot take credits.

Last edited:
Why suddenly you are asking all of us to become fond of Hasina when she forced us to wait two decades?
Forced you to wait two decade ? Who are you exactly? An expat who left your own country long ago , no nothing about present days Bangladesh's ground reality practically yet you pretend to be all knowing .

Listen, I am not asking any one to be a fan of Hasina. I am personally her fan because she is sensible politician and doesn't cross limit . She is not arrogant like Khaleda Zia who used to consider herself the source of all power of Bangladesh .

In contrast Hasina is not such fool but a clever politician who had sympathy for people and also have some Messiah complex ( like you ), although she is not as dumb as you are! .

And for this Messiah complex she feel some responsibility for common folks . I think that's the reason she survived in politics purely as the part of evolution ( survival of the fitest!) .
We should rather thank India for bullying its Muslims that has opened a window of opportunity for BD to patch up the long neglected relationship with Pakistan.
Sure you can thank anyone you wish . Am I stopping you to doing so ?
Hasina cannot take credits.
In one sense yes she can't . In one sense she can . But it's different argument ,and also I don't consider you to be a worthy person of this argument .

You are a person who's head is full of intuitive ideas and you can never think beyond it .So leave it .

Last edited:
As we say Dair ayad Durust ayad.

Its time to build deep rooted economic ties, if needed we should coordinate to cut Indian market share if we can with our manpower and resources combine.

Bangladesh and Pakistan should import more from each other even if it cost 2% more and -5% in quality, we can improve over time. its better to have each other then having nothing in our hands.

Forced you to wait two decade ? Who are you exactly? And expat who left your own country long ago , no nothing about present days Bangladesh's ground reality practically yet you pretend to be all knowing .
I am talking about BD-Pakistan relationship and you are making personal attacks. Not bad for a real BAL crony. If you are unable to answer a post then why do you suddenly start praising Hasina in an international forum when she will still love to play Hilsha diplomacy with India.

Do not make personal attacks, but talk logically and give good arguments, instead.

I am talking about BD-Pakistan relationship and you are making personal attacks
It's no personal attack . Calling a dead man dead is not personal attack .Same goes for expats .

Expats who left his country for many decades generally don't know much of their country ,it's natural . But you always pretend that you know Bangladesh better than others .

Online data and information from rich/higher middle class elite relatives is never an effective way to learn about a country.

If you are unable to answer a post then why do you suddenly start praising Hasina in an international forum

Am I required to explain it to you ? Is it against forum law to tell the truth ? If it's against forum rule ,either show me the rule or report to host instead of whining .
Do not make personal attacks, but talk logically and give good arguments, instead.
Calling everyone who has slightest difference of opinion with you ,all of them are BAL crony , is the real personal attack that you do every time .

Last edited:
I have no objection, of bd having better relations with pak
I am a bit of hardliner though.

1.I like would an official national apology from pak gov and senior military pak officers to be tried that we're there during 71'.

2.Also bd to be reimbursed fairly of the promised division of assets from pre 71' which pak kept the large amount to itself unfairly.

3.Possible compensations for the victims or family of victims of those civilians murdered during 71.

These few points, will make hardliners like me shut up. Also accept the partnership with pak to the full extent - then both countries can work together to screw india.

We have good military to military ties despite our relationship with MAF. Can't really blame poor political ties as politics itself is a messy business.
Nevertheless, nothing is gonna reset for now, but this is a good beginning. Let's see how much Indian effort to sabotage it finds success.

1.I like would an official national apology from pak gov and senior military pak officers to be tried that we're there during 71'.

2.Also bd to be reimbursed fairly of the promised division of assets from pre 71' which pak kept the large amount to itself unfairly.

3.Possible compensations for the victims or family of victims of those civilians murdered during 71.

These few points, will make hardliners like me shut up. Also accept the partnership with pak to the full extent - then both countries can work together to screw india.

Reconciliation will never work that way. It is not only difficult to estimate the reparations, but also the fact that it will have to be made to both sides. Lots of West Pakistani/ Bihari civilians were also killed.

The best thing would be to look ahead to the future and work towards that.

I Have found something somewhere in Facebook.

FB_IMG_1595254275738.jpg

FB_IMG_1595254299438.jpg

FB_IMG_1595254365498.jpg
FB_IMG_1595254309914.jpg

It's actually official apology from Pakistan . So I do not feel that they have to do it again .

It was during the visit of Bhutto in 1974 .

Even if Bhutto didn't do this , still I feel that it's not rational to speak about apology for 50 years old matter .

I think that's the reason she survived in politics purely as the part of evolution ( survival of the fitest!) .
I thought she survived in politics by essentially using the power of the State to demolish the opposition via political victimization arrests, court cases etc.

There's not much to say about 'intellect' when all she's doing is using brute force to demolish her opposition. 'Intellect' would come into play if she had won without resort to such blatant repression of her political opposition.

On topic - I wouldn't hold out much hope for a dramatic improvement in Pakistan-Bangladesh ties so long as SH is in power. The problem here is her ideology and visceral hatred for Pakistan and people considered sympathetic to Pakistan - India's crackdown on Muslims is not going to change the underlying ideological issues in the Awami League that led to the breakdown in Pakistan-Bangladesh ties to begin with.

So long as Bangladesh reciprocates with its own apology from the Bangladesh government and individuals involved in carrying out atrocities against Pakistani soldiers and civilians in East Pakistan and also carries out trials of all individuals involved in the violence against Pakistani forces in 1971.
Only if Bangladesh promises to compensate Pakistan for all the losses incurred due to war and conflict in 1971.
So long as Bangladesh promises compensation for the victims or family of victims of Pakistani soldiers and civilians murdered by Bengalis in 1971.
Hardliners like you can continue ranting and raving - don't care.

Either move on from the past, or be prepared to pay a price as well for reopening old wounds.

Keep dreaming

I thought she survived in politics by essentially using the power of the State to demolish the opposition via political victimization arrests, court cases etc.
Tbh , BNP also was even worse than AL in this case . Do not forget the attack on Hasina in 2004 and later put the blame on AL for this tragedy .
There's not much to say about 'intellect' when all she's doing is using brute force to demolish her opposition. 'Intellect' would come into play if she had won without resort to such blatant repression of her political opposition.

If you observe carefully these three county named Egypt , Pakistan and Bangladesh , you will see that actually military is controlling everything from inside the curtain .
Bangladesh is the latest player who joined in the group.

However I heard it ( the theory related to the three country's system from someone ( reliable indeed ) ),and believed it since then .

Now if you speak of oppression I would say that almost no common man ( who never want to be hero ) was abused by this current establishment. ( spare bcl as BCL is not the part of the current establishment, Rather they are street mobs of the political party named AL ) .

AL it self was never ever so powerful to oppress BNP that is Basically a continuation of Muslim league after 1971 .

If you look carefully you will see that people who used to vote for Muslim league in East Pakistan time , they are simply voting for BNP and they would come in defense of BNP if only BNP had moral .

So current establishment is successfully suppressing political parties because common folks ( specially middle class ) abhore politics in Bangladesh.

In corona virus time all AL ministers were sent to side bench by Govt and worked with beurocrats and i believe this is a process of depoliticized Bangladesh.

Soon AL will be sinked in to oblivion ,but the process will be silent .

And oppression is necessary to depoliticize a country that are having a farcical democratic illusion since 1991 .

So finally if Hasina ever go against the interest of the country directly , she will be perished too and she knows that very well unlike the other lady who used to rely on her subjects too much .

That's why I consider her(Hasina) Mentally fit, unlike the other lady ( MRS Zia) who is now on mercy bell of the current Establishment here .

so long as SH is in power.
It's probably the final term of Hasina as she already announced her retirement after this term .

However another party is also not going to seat in power again ever .

After hasina maybe one more time AL will be in power and then another Political party may rise . I believe Bangladesh is seeking for few Political parties that will replace the major two parties .

Or if AL survived, their policy will be changed dramatically.

Last edited:
Tbh , BNP also was even worse than AL in this case . Do not forget the attack on Hasina in 2004 and later put the blame on AL for this tragedy .

If you observe carefully these three county named Egypt , Pakistan and Bangladesh , you will see that actually military is controlling everything from inside the curtain .
Bangladesh is the latest player who joined in the group.

However I heard it ( the theory related to the three country's sustem from someone ( reliable indeed ) ,and believed it since then .

Now if you speak of oppression I would say that almost no common man ( who never want to be hero ) was abused by this current establishment. ( spare bcl as BCL is not the part of the current establishment, Rather they are street mobs of the political party named AL ) .

AL it self was never ever so powerful to oppress BNP that is Basically a continuation of Muslim league after 1971 .

If you look carefully you will see that people who used to vote for Muslim league in East Pakistan time , they are simply voting for BNP and they would come in defense of BNP if only BNP had moral .

So current establishment is successfully suppressing political parties because common folks ( specially middle class ) abhore politics in Bangladesh.

In corona virus time all AL ministers were sent to side bench by Govt and worked with beurocrats and i believe this is a process of depoliticized Bangladesh.

Soon AL will be sinked in to oblivion ,but the process will be silent .

And oppression is necessary to depoliticize a country that are having a farcical democratic illusion since 1991 .

So finally if Hasina ever go against the interest of the country directly , she will be perished too and she knows that very well unlike the other lady who used to rely on her subjects too much .

That's why I consider her(Hasina) Mentally fit, unlike the other lady ( MRS Zia) who is now on mercy bell of the current Establishment here .
Thank you for the detailed response.

I must say that I am surprised to hear that the military in Bangladesh has so much influence and is alleged to be working behind the scenes to manipulate the government. If that is correct, was the military behind the deterioration of Pakistan-Bangladesh ties under the Hasina Wajid as well? If yes, what would make the military change course on Pakistan-Bangladesh ties now?

Back
Top Bottom