What's new

Pakistan Intelligence Gathering?

Liquidmetal

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Does Pakistan have a dedicated electronic intelligence agency similar to GCHQ in the UK or the NSA in the USA? If so, what kind of capability does Pakistan possess, would they be able to gather intel on TTP based in Afg, or for that matter listen to comms at the LOC or beyond?

Thanks.

Does Pakistan have a dedicated electronic intelligence agency similar to GCHQ in the UK or the NSA in the USA? If so, what kind of capability does Pakistan possess, would they be able to gather intel on TTP based in Afg, or for that matter listen to comms at the LOC or beyond?

Thanks.

for listening radio chatter on TTP/LOC all you need is to be on same frequency however electronic intelligence(SIGINT/ELINT) is deep as it involves breaking encryption e.g Enigma Machine . Any defense enthusiast can share more about the equipment or SATs used for signal/electronic intelligence by Pakistan. I do remember India had plans of lauching a satellite GSAT for ELINT cant remember if they did

Thanks.
Pakistan needs to develop one and in fact I started a thread about this a year ago. Pakistani economy sucks but what ever we have we have to take firs step with that and than keep increasing the budget and keep increasing the size and capacity of this agency.
@Horus and @Rafi can add more on this

Pakistan needs to develop one and in fact I started a thread about this a year ago. Pakistani economy sucks but what ever we have we have to take firs step with that and than keep increasing the budget and keep increasing the size and capacity of this agency.

Thanks for the info, I think this is a significant oversight by the state and should be overcome quickly. I am still hoping we have something in place but we are at a significant disadvantage in this area compared to the lalas next door.

I remember a Chinese ship being spotted in the Indus Ocean with dishes and was dedicated for elint, maybe we can look at getting something similar for our needs and connecting this with our air and ground assets.

As for code breaking, a 128 bit encrypted code would need a super computer.

So in short a lot of investment. But we need this badly and asap.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I think this is a significant oversight by the state and should be overcome quickly. I am still hoping we have something in place but we are at a significant disadvantage in this area compared to the lalas next door.

I remember a Chinese ship being spotted in the Indus Ocean with dishes and was dedicated for elint, maybe we can look at getting something similar for our needs and connecting this with our air and ground assets.

As for code breaking, a 128 bit encrypted code would need a super computer.

So in short a lot of investment. But we need this badly and asap.
According to Rafi here ISI itself is developing a similar capability without announcing it. But in my opinion there should be an official agency.

First of all this is all highly classified stuff, my guess is you will never hear an official confirmation or denial about this.
Also I take my personal commitment to keep official secrets, very seriously indeed, any information that I put out to the public, will be stuff that either we want out there, for our morale, or to warn the enemy.

Regarding collection of SIGINT, COMINT, ELINT, we have developed a very strong capability, we can now process millions of phone calls with "Key Word" phrases, also using voice recognition.

Our technical abilities regarding the entity to the east, has also increased manifold, to the extent that all power centres there are being monitored almost in real time, all major decision makers both civil and military have been penetrated.

This is to add to the very good HUMINT that we have cultivated and developed over the years.

First of all this is all highly classified stuff, my guess is you will never hear an official confirmation or denial about this.
Also I take my personal commitment to keep official secrets, very seriously indeed, any information that I put out to the public, will be stuff that either we want out there, for our morale, or to warn the enemy.

Regarding collection of SIGINT, COMINT, ELINT, we have developed a very strong capability, we can now process millions of phone calls with "Key Word" phrases, also using voice recognition.

Our technical abilities regarding the entity to the east, has also increased manifold, to the extent that all power centres there are being monitored almost in real time, all major decision makers both civil and military have been penetrated.

This is to add to the very good HUMINT that we have cultivated and developed over the years.
Is this true? if it is well you've made my day. Carry on PK.

Pakistan Zindabad.

Thanks.
Since early 90s even I can assume may be right after Afghan war.

According to Rafi here ISI itself is developing a similar capability without announcing it. But in my opinion there should be an official agency.
They are operating 3 to 4 according to my best knowledge, one under ISI, next M.I, third CIA or FIA etc.
but the best ones are ISI and M.I.

What you wrote is awesome only problem is I didn't understood single thing ?

@Rafi any satellites or any specific planes used by your Intl agencies to collect data

Not to forget PEGINT..:victory1:

Back
Top Bottom