What's new

Pakistan IT Exports Up 32.6% in Q1 FY 2012

Give it a rest guys

Congratulations to Pakistan. May your IT industry climb even greater heights

You don't see us on indian sites, worrying about indian IT do you.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

There was really no need to bring india in at all, it was likely to get a response - and it did.

Rafi,

Indians coming to your website to trash you profess to superiority complex. That we can take on you on your own turf.

These rants of yours about Indians coming here and trashing you profess to inferiority complex. That you don't want us here because you can't win an argument with us on merits.

You seem to mixing up these two. Superiority is when you assert, Inferiority when you deflect. Get that right next time.

Rafi,

Indians coming to your website to trash you profess to superiority complex. That we can take on you on your own pitch.

Bold part. Always something interesting to read when an Indian admits his obsession about Pakistan. Thanks buddy.;)

Bold part. Always something interesting to read when an Indian admits his obsession about Pakistan. Thanks buddy.;)

I am sorry I think you have a wrong notion on why we are here. We don't come here because its a Pakistani site. We come here because we feel like we can have a healthy conversation with people on the other side. Its a good website where people from different countries come here to discuss world geopolitics and defense. Its a good place to enhance your understanding of the same.

You should actually be proud, rather than antagonizing people for coming here. Obviously the administrators here have no problem with our presence, but we get rants from people who cannot converse on merits but rely on authority to dismiss. What a shame!!

omg...a lot of water has flown under the bridge since my last reply....unexpected.....I was not following this thread as it is not related to defence....to reiterate...I just wanted Pak and Indian IT companies join hands and grow post MFN gesture by Pa..intention was pretty clear..prosperity for both the countries..if any nut is talkng about quality of product from No Mens Land as far as Service Industry is concerned....how better I would have replied?

Please help me to understand, if I am using any product which is actuallly developed and patented by
pak IT company but I source it via America due to trade barriers..this will help me and all other people over here to know Pak IT industry better than it is being perceived...

very bad response from couple of people...it shows....easy to remain an enemy than become a friend with each other..

What are the major Pakistani IT companies?

:pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news, but still IT exports are very little. I don't like the thing that Pakistanis only keep them busy in facebook, twitter & youtube, instead of contributing something new & self made to IT industry. Their is huge talent but laziness & unwillingness.

True there is lot of talent in pakistan..........but we need the true & qualified leaders and ministers for this field....not junkies.....who even don't know the difference between.........Software and Underware...:bunny:

Pakistan’s exports of IT and IT-enabled services witnessed an outstanding growth of 32.6 percent in the first quarter of 2011-12 compared with the corresponding period of past financial year, reflecting improving penetration of local IT companies in different countries of the world.

State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) statistics showed that Pakistan IT and ITES exports increased to reach US $ 61 million in Jul-Sep 2011 versus US $ 45 million exports recorded in the same period of 2010.

The SBP’s statistics showed exports earning remitted into country from various regions however exports were estimated to reach US $ 244 million in accordance with WTO formula.

Pakistan exports software based IT solutions, financial and mobile applications, BPOs services and infrastructure development support services to different countries.

Industry experts said that the achievement of growth in exports value is quite good for the industry in the scenario when global downturn has exerted its impacts on IT and other industries worldwide.

Pakistan IT Exports Up 32.6% in Q1 FY 2012

Nice going, but sadly I have to say Pakistan Govt is giving ZERO support for IT industry. I am an IT person myself, did MS in IT and working in this field for 5 years. I belong to a poor family and in 4 years I was able to save enough money to launch my own little company. That shows the potential and huge opportunities available in this sector. But we as an IT Company are facing huge problems and no one is even familiar with the problems we have to face.

For instance, in internet market, paypal is known as most preferred payment processing service, almost 90% clients worldwide prefer to use paypal on daily basis for their online business payments BUT there is no paypal support in Pakistan at all, and Pakistan Govt has failed to even show any interest in resolving this issue, I've personally lost lots of my clinets several times because they just don't agree to transfer payments via other methods as they highly trust on paypal.

When I was establishing my office, I had to spend lots of money in extra stuff, like UPS, Power Generators, highly costly corporate internet connections (believe me they are very costly as compared to the services they are offering), our banking system don't support electronic payments from major online payment gateways like paypal, and lots of other things which are huge hurdles for us.

If govt can provide us better internet facilities, especially for corporate customers, and sort out the paypal issue, it will atleast double the revinue in this sector, believe me, people can earn thousands of $$ from home. The problems like huge load sheddings, lake of high speed fiber optics internet infrastructure and unsupported banking systems are hurting this industry real big time.

Back
Top Bottom