What's new

Pakistan May Speed AF Procurements Despite Economy

Considering that they collectively feel the same way about us, its simply a cycle that cannot end one sided.

True that.

However after spending a lot of time with Indians in real life and here on PDF, i have learnt one thing:
Neither the Indians nor the Pakistanis are matured enough civilization to realize breaking down trade barriers and enhancing mutual ties will go a long way than ramping up military spending like there is no tomorrow.

Pakistan is not going to war with India. We do not have the force or money to catch up to the military buildup. However the correct thing to say would have been that Pakistan will not be going to war with India... Alone.

JFT is going to be our mainstay. We need to get the next block sorted and this wohld be the priority as far as I am concerned. we also need medium range and long range ground to air missiles which are fast becoming a desperate requirement.

There are lot of things that you need, but the question is : - Is there enough money to satisfy
your needs?

The reason why we dont require a1:1 replacement of the F7 & M3/5s is the enhanced capability that comes with the newer platforms.

Vis-à-vis what..? As some Pakistani member said above, the capability of new jets should be
gauged and an appropriate number should be purchase based on their ability vis-à-vis the enemy's
aircraft acquisitions. Not when compared to your aircraft of 30-40 years back origins/acquisitions.

Can JFT's capabilities match up 1-on-1 with jets like Rafale & Super-Sukhoi? On what grounds?

However unless WS13 is coming in the near future PAF WILL try and procure overhauling facilities for RD93. Ifully agree that it would be stupid to rely on Russia.As far as J10B is concerned I dont think it will come with a non chinese engine. This is all the more impirtant as Chinese progress in this matter is impressive.

It will be difficult to establish an MRO facility in Pakistan for the RD93, it must be set in China first,
they have the industrial resources to really fast track things up for you.

But what gets me is : Will PAF find the WS-10/WS-13 impressive enough to put money on?

isn't J-10B procurement plan was stalled/rejected??also,only 150 JF-17s going to be inducted??thats not certainly enough to keep up strength when F-7 and mirages are going to be retired,as there is over 180 F-7 and over 150 Mirages are going to be retired soon.

half of them retired and some crashed as well.
so technically there are about 200 or so obsolete jets (apart from F-7PG) that will be retiring by the end of this decade.

PAF will try to keep the numbers around 300, no matter what.

Pakistan is not going to war with India. We do not have the force or money to catch up to the military buildup. However the correct thing to say would have been that Pakistan will not be going to war with India... Alone.

...and others will help Pakistan fight it's war because..? Get real.

India & China are not going to fight any war either, regardless of what someone might think or would
like to believe, these 2 Asian giants are well-aware that waging war amongst themselves will serve no
one's interest...except Uncle Sam's.

half of them retired and some crashed as well.
so technically there are about 200 or so obsolete jets (apart from F-7PG) that will be retiring by the end of this decade.

PAF will try to keep the numbers around 300, no matter what.

Are the F-7P/PG BVR-capable? What radar do they use?

India & China are not going to fight any war either, regardless of what someone might think or would
like to believe, these 2 Asian giants are well-aware that waging war amongst themselves will serve no

So I guess its never going to happen.. I will get real then .. Thanks

All logic defies the thought of a war between India and China within the foreseeable future, but I bet you all the pennies in my pocket it will happen, don't know when, but it will happen.

Are the F-7P/PG BVR-capable? What radar do they use?

many senior members and think tanks say they are, but i've never seen a single PG carrying any BVR missile.
And they use Grifo7PG radar. I think.

All logic defies the thought of a war between India and China within the foreseeable future, but I bet you all the pennies in my pocket it will happen, don't know when, but it will happen.

Guess we'll have to be ready for that then!:lol:

Btw, I'm posting in PDF after a long time, how come you have NK flags? Back in I D F you
still have Pak flag.

Most important fact from article JF-17 numbers from 275 to 150.Coupled with 63 f-16s this leaves PAF with a 210 odd force.No AESA radars,no HOBS WVR.
So PAF will have 3 f-16 squadrons plus 8 squadrons of jf-17.A 11-12 squadron force.Sufficient for limited deterrence,grossly insufficient for making any 2 front mischief with the limited attack ability of jf-17.
Our projected sukhoi fleet of 15 squadrons alone can sufficiently deal with this reduced threat,leaving us to concentrate more squadrons on the N-eastern border.
Our 3 mig-29 UPG squadrons[all of which are deployed west] and 3 mirage-2000 upg squadrons will add to this.

2nd imp fact,PAF hasn't had any new long range SAMs yet,So FT-2000 deal didn't go through as of yet.

Back
Top Bottom