What's new

Pakistan Must Quell the Rising Wave of Intolerance

RiazHaq

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A spate of incidents targeting various minorities including Christians and Hindus as well as members of the Muslim Shia community have raised serious concerns in Pakistan.

This situation brings back echoes of the events preceding the rise of Nazis in Germany that led to the killing of millions of innocent people including a large number of European Jews. A German pastor Martin Niemöller (1892-1984) wrote a poem at the time lamenting the silence of many in the face of massive atrocities committed by Adolf Hitler.

Here's how I express my fears about the current crisis of intolerance in Pakistan by paraphrasing what Niemöller said in 1930s:

First they came for Ahmedis, and I did not speak out
-- Because I was not an Ahmedi.

Then they came for the Christians, and I did not speak out
-- Because I was not a Christian.

Then they came for the Hindus, and I did not speak out
-- Because I was not a Hindu.

Then they came for the Shias, and I did not speak out
-- Because I was not a Shia.

Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me.

I urge all sane Pakistanis to speak out against all agents of intolerance and work diligently to defeat them before it's too late.

Here's a video of a recent TV discussion I participated in on the subject:

Haq's Musings: Rising Tide of Intolerance Threatens Pakistan's Existence

Last edited by a moderator:
A spate of incidents targeting various minorities including Christians and Hindus as well as members of the Muslim Shia community have raised serious concerns in Pakistan.

This situation brings back echoes of the events preceding the rise of Nazis in Germany that led to the killing of millions of innocent people including a large number of European Jews. A German pastor Martin Niemöller (1892-1984) wrote a poem at the time lamenting the silence of many in the face of massive atrocities committed by Adolf Hitler.

Here's how I express my fears about the current crisis of intolerance in Pakistan by paraphrasing what Niemöller said in 1930s:

First they came for Ahmedis, and I did not speak out
-- Because I was not an Ahmedi.

Then they came for the Christians, and I did not speak out
-- Because I was not a Christian.

Then they came for the Hindus, and I did not speak out
-- Because I was not a Hindu.

Then they came for the Shias, and I did not speak out
-- Because I was not a Shia.

Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me.

I urge all sane Pakistanis to speak out against all agents of intolerance and work diligently to defeat them before it's too late.

You have already posted this once before.

Instead of regurgitating the same material over and over again, would it not be more efficient to just provide a link to your previous post?

Here is your previous post saying the same thing: http://www.defence.pk/forums/current-events-social-issues/202311-pakistan-islam-10.html#post3334761

You have already posted this once before.

Instead of regurgitating the same material over and over again, would it not be more efficient to just provide a link to your previous post?

Here is your previous post saying the same thing: http://www.defence.pk/forums/current-events-social-issues/202311-pakistan-islam-10.html#post3334761

The post you refer to is not mine...if you are doing it under my name, please remove it immediately.

Mods: Please watch out for Abdal Ali...He's posting under a false flag and multiple IDs.

I find your views on this forum to be inherently conflicting.

You start this thread saying, in effect, that "We must fight intolerance".

And yet in one of your previous posts (linked below), you intolerantly declare with great relish (quote): "95% of Pakistani Muslims should be declared non-Muslim"

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...s-non-muslims-grand-mufti-24.html#post3201332

Where do you actually stand? What do you actually believe? What are you trying to prove on this forum? Are you trying to gain people's confidence by pretending to be a "tolerant, humane" person just so that you can then discreetly pump sectarian-hatred into them later?

Please, I request you not to indulge in this sort of duplicity.

Regardless of who is paying you and how much they are paying you, you must not let your avarice blind you to the fact that innnocent people often get killed in the strife you appear to be secretly promoting....

Why are you making so many accounts dude :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom