What's new

Pakistan Navy to get 4th F-22 Frigate in June, 2011

Penguin:

These pics seems to be from different time frames of the same construction bay. If you look carefully you will cropped photos.

Thanks for the clarification. This picture consists of four images dating from 01/18/2010, 09/20/2010, 10/01/2010 and 11/11/2010 in the same dry dock at KSEW (Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works Limited). The purpose of this picture is to give a general idea of the construction progress.

The following set of pictures are from a video taken in the middle of May, 2011, which also happens at KSEW. You definitely want to check out the original video at ifeng.com

[video]http://v.ifeng.com/v/ba0718/index.shtml#af178259-636e-425f-9e31-8259f47ba6fa[/video]

Next step should be the Type 054A frigate.

I think this will be the chronological order for Pakistan's ability of building its own warships.

F-22 frigate -> Type 054A/B frigate -> Type 052C+ Aegis destroyer

Agreed and the strongest point is consistency of the vessels operated and a reliable partner in the form of China.

Agreed and the strongest point is consistency of the vessels operated and a reliable partner in the form of China.

Because China believes to help people how to build their own farm is more useful than just providing them the raw food which only solves the short term problems.

Furthermore, Pakistan is the most important ally for China, similar to what UK/France is to US. A militarily weak Pakistan is not China's interest.

BTW, the frigate under construction does look having the new stealth design, which will likely be a pattern for all future PN warships.

I think this will be the chronological order for Pakistan's ability of building its own warships.

Maybe. Although I wouldn't rule out a domestic variant of F22P, possibly enlarged somewhat, with greater indigenous and some 'Western' content.
I don't see PN investing in a Type 052 variant when the most pressing concerns are block obsolecence and maintaining/expanding fleet numbers. Maybe a Type 054, but frankly, what can it do that domesiticized F22P couldn't?

what PN needs right now is about 3-4 warships with a displacement between f-22p and type 54A. PN badly needs a ship with decent air-defence capability.....maybe an upgraded version of F-22p with 16 round VLS HQ-16.

PN should scrap plans for more OHPs....
and should go for 3-4 type 54A!

A fleet of 9-10 ships is all we need!
4- f-22p
4- type 54A
1- OHP

nine ships is still a big improvement from six 35+ years old type 21!

and for subs
3- agosta 90B
3-4- yuan class subs!

PN would become a formidable force - small but effective enough to defend our coastline!

Geo News is reporting that fourth F-22P frigate launched in Sea. No link so far.

Maybe. Although I wouldn't rule out a domestic variant of F22P, possibly enlarged somewhat, with greater indigenous and some 'Western' content.
I don't see PN investing in a Type 052 variant when the most pressing concerns are block obsolecence and maintaining/expanding fleet numbers. Maybe a Type 054, but frankly, what can it do that domesiticized F22P couldn't?

It may have better air defense capability than F22P.

The Pakistan Navy has launched fourth F22P Frigate on Thursday.

According to a Pakistan Navy spokesman, the ship was built in Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works with the help of Chinese engineers.

Pakistan and China had signed a pact in 2005 whereas three ships had already been incorporated in the Pakistan Navy fleet.

The vessel is the fourth F22P Frigate built indigenously at the Karachi shipyard with the Chinese assistance.

The first three Frigates, PNS Zulfiqar, Shamsher and Saif were built in China.

Addressing the ceremony, Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Noman Bashir, said that fabrication of the ship demonstrated the indigenous policy of the government, especially in attaining self-reliance in Maritime defence capabilities.

Pakistan Navy to get 4th F-22 Frigate in June, 2011

Misleading. The ship is launched, not commissioned.

Launching doesn't mean Pakistan Navy got it\will get it.

GB

Back
Top Bottom