What's new

Pakistan Offers JF-17 to Serbia

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to encourage members of the Pakistani public who have a natural burning passion for Aeronautics, Science and Technology to excel and possibly pioneer in those fields.
That's just not it. I chose Mechanical Engineering because I absolutely love aeronautics. But I ran away from Pakistan. I tried to stay, I really did. But working in Pakistan with Pakistanis was hell on earth. The absolute abuse of labor laws was just too much for me

Great Hopefully, the deal passes through the negotiation stage and materialize.

The dual rack will make a huge difference. 6 missiles a gun drop tanks(wish they were conformal) and ASEA radar.... that's a beast
man I wanna believe the dual SD10 rack configuration but honestly, I'll believe it when I see it actually FLYING with SD10s on dual racks...a display picture, even if on a real JF17 (meaning not a mockup) just doesn't cut it for me...

That's just not it. I chose Mechanical Engineering because I absolutely love aeronautics. But I ran away from Pakistan. I tried to stay, I really did. But working in Pakistan with Pakistanis was hell on earth. The absolute abuse of labor laws was just too much for me
very sad .

Even if some countries induct 5th/6th gen fighter, it would be in limited numbers and would still require an affordable workhorse.

We helped and will help bosnians again too, if required. If anything, being a weapons supplier gives us more sway over serbia.
Major weapons suppliers usually sell to parties that are at conflict with each other, yet i never hear anyone raise a finger at them but when a country like Pakistan is making progress in selling weapons, suddenly the likes of u pop up.
Even the US is keeping lots of 4th Gen Fighter. They have added new orders for F15. The problem with the F35 is that it is expensive to maintain. Its paint needs to be changed constantly.

The Air Force still needs low-cost fighters for patrol, evacuation, and other missions. I think there is a huge market for JF17 at this point, it is the best low-cost light fighter currently and there are plenty of versions for customers to choose from.

best of luck with your future sir . be happy no matter where you go .

Not to burst any bubbles — but Russia would offer them something, and twist Serbian hands.
While this is good and all I have my doubts.

Not gonna happen.

Serbia has another role to play, and NATO is going to court them.
Don't be surprised if F-16 lands in Serbia, or even Saab's plane.

I wouldn’t be so quick to say that at all, Serbia has always refused to join NATO. They have always went for neutrality. I don’t think American aircraft are an option for them. But Gripen and Russian aircraft are possible (with the latter having a much much higher chance due to weapon and engine commonality), however you have to remember if cost is an issue then they will pick JF, considering they already have the necessary training and infrastructure for maintaining engines (their MiG-29s use the same engine).
man I wanna believe the dual SD10 rack configuration but honestly, I'll believe it when I see it actually FLYING with SD10s on dual racks...a display picture, even if on a real JF17 (meaning not a mockup) just doesn't cut it for me...

It’s drag and aerodynamic effects are likely why it isn’t used, I’m certain it’s possible even on block 2, but it may not give the needed benefits when it reduces all the other range, speed and turning related factors. However with the new engine in block 3, maybe we will see it.

Asalam u alaikum

Dear all senior members,
I don't want to ruin the celebration of a possible new customer for JF -17 Thunder.
But since i have saw this news, i recall my memory back to 1992 muslim massacre in Bosnia by these Serbs. And then 1999 again a bloody conflict against the ethnic Albanian muslims of Kosovo.

So arming a nation, who had bad track record against the muslims.... Is it good or strategic mistake for future of the balkan muslims. Because in last few years Serbia is quickly recovering from its economic downfall. And still they have not recognize the muslim state of Kosovo. So future conflict possible any time in a decade.
So in future they might use these jets against small muslim independent state of Kosovo and might be also against the Bosnia and Albania.
Thanks to all my seniors on this forum.
( And i am also a Pakistani.)
The last i heard.. relations between serbia and B&H have normalized.. Its nothin like 1992 anymore
both countries have moved on.
We can sell it to B&H and Montenegro as well if they want but i guess they are interested in fully joining NATO.

Last edited:
JF-17's main competitors for the light fighter role in the market include Gripen, FA-50, Tejas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom