What's new

Pakistan players receive army training

i think its a good idea. Army training makes you disciplined.

and can someone please tell me abt the cricket ground in Abbotabad? is it new? Abbottabad is a beautiful place. the most beautiful city after Islamabad.

btw wounded healer, im from Mansehra.

Pakistan Army Boost Cricketers’ Fitness
9:11 am, 17 Jun 2007

Pakistan cricketers are being pushed to new levels of fitness by military instructors ahead of next month's tour of Scotland.

Players have been training under the supervision of the Pakistan military and Cricket Board (PCB) since last week in Abbotabad, a popular summer resort that is also home to a military base.

Pakistan's captain Shoaib Malik says the training is paying off and says when they had camps in Lahore or Karachi there were too many distractions for the players.

Selectors are due to announce the squad for the Scotland tour later on Saturday.

Fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar is expected to make his return.

© NewsRoom 2007

http://www.newswire.co.nz/main/viewstory.aspx?storyid=378208&catid=17

I thinks its nice the army probably only relaxed the environment when it came to these player otherwise I think the soldiers probably still live the same lives. But this is good for morale of the soldiers and also for the team as this will instill pride in the team members. Remember we are all soldiers, Pakistanis are tough and thats how we like it.

shoaib akhter will have comeback in scotland i dont get it he already got comeback in england and pakistan is not playing nect in scotland but UAE may be article is old

Actually they are getting 'pheti" from the army but izzat rakhne ke liye training ke press release de hai...i can imagime..a brigadiar going with a chattar.."haan bolo..aab world cup haro gay??"

Back
Top Bottom