What's new

Pakistan projected to be among largest economies in the world by 2075: Goldman Sachs

Pakistan will overtake Nigeria as tge scammer capital of the world. Probably a lot sooner than 2070.

Been hearing Pakistan will be a major economy by X year for like 40 years now.
Pakistan will never be a major economy until army, politicians, feudals, and mullahs are brough under control. Need a revolution where these classes loose their heads. Only then can we implement policies that root us in the modern world.

Been hearing Pakistan will be a major economy by X year for like 40 years now.
Pakistan will never be a major economy until army, politicians, feudals, and mullahs are brough under control. Need a revolution where these classes loose their heads. Only then can we implement policies that root us in the modern world.

Ain't gonna happen anytime soon, that is for sure.

Ain't gonna happen anytime soon, that is for sure.
Very true.
Those classes have spent 70 years getting the population to waste their time fighting over religion to ever unite and fight the real threat to the country.
Who has time to revolt when you are obsessed with what version of Islam your neighbor is or what colour turban they are wearing.

Very true.
Those classes have spent 70 years getting the population to waste their time fighting over religion to ever unite and fight the real threat to the country.
Who has time to revolt when you are obsessed with what version of Islam your neighbor is or what colour turban they are wearing.

No wonder religion is #1 in people's minds at all times. It serves very useful purposes. The people remain placated and the elite live it up. Wonderful system. :D

No wonder religion is #1 in people's minds at all times. It serves very useful purposes. The people remain placated and the elite live it up. Wonderful system. :D
It has always been a tool of the elites to control the masses.

It has always been a tool of the elites to control the masses.

Of course. It remains very effective Just look around here on PDF, and these are probably the more "educated" Pakistanis. :D

Of course. It remains very effective Just look around here on PDF, and these are probably the more "educated" Pakistanis. :D
Literally have holy warriors of Islam living in Canada get aggressive with me on another thread. It boggles my mind how these people, so obsessed with Islam, LOVE living in the evil and secular west, but will advocate Taliban style governance in Pakistani. They want others to live live under "Sharia" but they themselves would never want to live under it.

Literally have holy warriors of Islam living in Canada get aggressive with me on another thread. It boggles my mind how these people, so obsessed with Islam, LOVE living in the evil and secular west, but will advocate Taliban style governance in Pakistani. They want others to live live under "Sharia" but they themselves would never want to live under it.

Makes perfect sense, in a certain perverse way, actually. Hypocrisy baked into religion is a 100% guarantee of failure, whether in the West or East. Only a few lucky ones are able to rise above such a trap. Now let me stop here before I am kicked out from Islam for the umpteenth time on PDF. Time for brayers, brother. Bease be ubon you!

The IF also should include if national character changes appropriately as well

Makes perfect sense, in a certain perverse way, actually. Hypocrisy baked into religion is a 100% guarantee of failure, whether in the West or East. Only a few lucky ones are able to rise above such a trap. Now let me stop here before I am kicked out from Islam for the umpteenth time on PDF. Time for brayers, brother. Bease be ubon you!
Hypocrisy and Orthodoxy are the two sides of religious coin. But it is not unique to Islam. You probably know about Catholic clergy scandal.

Hypocrisy and Orthodoxy are the two sides of religious coin. But it is not unique to Islam. You probably know about Catholic clergy scandal.

That is exactly why I clearly said "Hypocrisy baked into religion is a 100% guarantee of failure, whether in the West or East" without specifying any religion.

I remember hearing such things back in 2005-10

These are just numbers, we need to grow the economy ourself and introduce policies of self-reliance to achieve anything

Why only 2070? Lets put our predictions as well.

Pakistan will invade America in 2300.

Pakistan can become among the top 10 largest economies before 2047.

Especially if we consider GDP PPP where Pakistan currently ranks around 20th with 1.6 trillion USD.

Also being a large economy does not mean you are a developed country. India is currently 3rd largest economy in the world but is a lower middle income country like Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom