What's new

Pakistan promises high security for Bangladesh

Yaar, we are Muslim and we believe in after life. When our time come, we will have to go. I understand we should be careful about surrounding but over doing is not necessary. I mean who can stop malik ul maut? :flame:

Cricket: Bangladesh delegation arrives

By Our Correspondent

Published: March 4, 2012
KARACHI: Exactly three years after a gun attack on the Sri Lankan team that took away international cricket from Pakistan, a delegation from Bangladesh arrived in Islamabad to assess the security situation ahead of a proposed bilateral series in April.

On March 3, 2009, gunmen attacked the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore, killing eight Pakistanis and injuring seven touring players and their assistant coach.

As a result, international cricket was suspended in the country and Pakistan was also stripped of its right to co-host the World Cup held last year.

However, after several attempts, Bangladesh agreed to tour the country for three One-Day Internationals next month.

The delegation is headed by Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President Mustafa Kamal and includes security committee member Imtiaz Ahmed Shamsul Huda, Bangladesh National Sports Council Secretary Shafiq Anwar, senior civil servants and police officials.

Majority of the members remained in Islamabad for a meeting with Interior Minister Rehman Malik, while a couple of them came to Karachi.

It has been learnt by The Express Tribune that members in Islamabad met Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Zaka Ashraf and other officials. Meanwhile, officials in Karachi were briefed about the security plan and accommodation. The security officials were to leave for Lahore in early hours of today, where they will join the rest of the team.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 4th, 2012.

Cricket: Bangladesh delegation arrives – The Express Tribune

No one in Bangladesh think it unsafe for our cricketers to play in Pakistan. If BD sends delegation to assess security either it's because of the profitability of overseas tour AL sending some of it's party members or it's likely they would declare Pakistan unsafe on their return to make some third country happy.

deep down inside, they too know who the real perpetrators were. They also remember how the latter used to support terrorist tamils to wage war on their country. So in that sense, the Sri Lankans are even better survivors and as resilient (perhaps more) than we are. :)

:) It doesn't matter who perpetrated the attack. India, Taliban, Al Quida, Aliens, what matters is the absolute lack of security :)

Just because I drive an Audi 5 and it has active anti-collision system, doesn't mean i don't use brakes. It was more of a lack of security which bothered people as opposed to an active threat

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Yaar, we are Muslim and we believe in after life. When our time come, we will have to go. I understand we should be careful about surrounding but over doing is not necessary. I mean who can stop malik ul maut? :flame:

And there lies the problem which beseiges the world. If people were realistic and understood that we are nothing more than a bio-mechanical machine which is self aware, people would value this self awareness and enjoy this life as opposed to looking forward to afterlife :)

Why is this cricket related thread running under bangladesh-defence?

A case of OP not even reading the article, copy pasting the Article title, which itself is misleading.

pakistan should hoist some matches with any willing nations and show the world.

Bangladesh satisfied with Pakistan cricket security

(AFP) – 7 hours ago

LAHORE, Pakistan — The head of the Bangladesh Cricket Board said Sunday he would try to bring international cricket back to Pakistan after voicing satisfaction with security arrangements in the country.

Pakistan have invited Bangladesh to tour next month in a bid to revive international cricket in the country after it was suspended following the terrorist attacks on the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore three years ago.

A nine-member Bangladesh security delegation arrived early Friday and inspected arrangements in Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore. They were briefed over the possible security setup by the interior ministry in Islamabad.

Head of the Bangladesh Cricket Board Mustafa Kamal said: "We are satisfied with the arrangements which would be in place for our team and now this delegation will submit a report to the government which has the final authority to decide on the tour."

On March 3, 2009 gunmen ambushed the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore, killing eight Pakistanis and wounding seven visiting players and their assistant coach.

The attack suspended international cricket in the country, stripped Pakistan of its 2011 World Cup hosting rights and forced it to play home series at neutral venues in England, New Zealand and the United Arab Emirates.

Pakistan have invited Bangladesh to play three one-day internationals or two one-day matches and a Twenty20 contest.

"We will also write a letter to the ICC over the assessment of the security and will seek their permission as they are the governing body of the game," said Kamal.

The ICC last month said it will conduct an independent security assessment before deciding whether to send their match officials for the series.

"We keep our fingers crossed and hope that international cricket will be revived with the Bangladesh team's tour to Pakistan as our government has promised foolproof security for the Bangladesh team," said Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Zaka Ashraf.

Punjab province chief minister Shahbaz Sharif also welcomed the possible revival of cricket in Pakistan.

"We will give the best possible security to the Bangladesh team and for the sake of millions of fans we want to revive international cricket in Pakistan," Sharif said.

AFP: Bangladesh satisfied with Pakistan cricket security

exactly if malik ul maut wants our players grave yard will be pakistan lolz

how embarassing that we have to give ASSURANCES to Bangladesh team to travel to Pakistan to play a few friendlys.....

the Palestinian football team ventured out far away from home to enjoy some good sport. I think this whole security thing is usually the paranoia of death-horrified westerners who think everyone in our cities are suicide bombers :laugh:

if they want to come and play, then they should come play.....if they dont want to come, or are scared -- let them stay back

I think its only Bangladesh who will be willing to take risk and go to Pakistan. Nobody else will go in this current condition. Instead of nagging you should be thankfull.

Its natural that BCB will look into security, and that is what they were paid for.

listen listen,you are thinking of security of bangladesh,ya thats f9 thinking by a long distance neighbour

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

HELLO FRIEND SPELL THE CORRECT WORD PAKISTAN,ITS NOT PAKISTANA

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

I COMPLETLY AGREE WITH YOU

It's really different situation here than what the whole world thinks. Terrorist attacks now take place, like after months. And that too, not so serious ones, see, the Military operations and a new plan for security is slowly starting to work. I am Insha'ALLAH there wont be any unfortunate incident again, International Cricket is coming back to Pakistan very soon! IA! :)

And yes, Thanks to BD team :)))

Back
Top Bottom