What's new

Pakistan should join the SCO!

globall

New Recruit

Reaction score
What is needed at present is a strong government in Islamabad capable to make bold decisions and not constrained by any other country in making its own decisions. And more than ever we need a military government again, unlike the one headed by Musharraf. We need a strong military leader like Zia ul Haq or Ayub Khan at the helm. Also we should join the SCO Shanghai Cooperation Organization at the soonest and develop friendly relations with Russia, with China we already have these relations. The SCO membership would strengthen Pakistan's position viz a viz the USA, European countries i.e. NATO. This could have a huge impact on the dire situation present in our neighbourhood for example Afghanistan, India, Iran and would help improve the situation. Stability would come to the area very soon because of this. What you think?:pakistan::china:

I'm literally yearning about it for so long. Wish it happens before long.

There has been a host of speculations about SCO going to be equivalent to NATO. It seems that Russia wants SCO to be a militarily strong organization -- equivalent to NATO. But then, China, willingly wants SCO to be an organization which can boost the economic sphere within its member countries along with countering terrorism in the region. So far, China and Russia both have kept their wants in stable state and working together to tone it up.

I guess, Pakistan has a great opportunity to come out from the sticky web of U.S' slavery and be a part of SCO which is strengthening its basis day-to-day. But it seems that the current government of Pakistan is also reluctant to make Pakistan a part of SCO.

I've read that Russia is reluctant to give Pakistan full membership unless India doesn’t join SCO. Is it true perchance? If yes, then Pakistan should stress China to help her getting full membership of SCO. Sino-Pak relations have always been good in the past where both the countries have helped each other at several occasions -- Pakistan recognizing PRC (China) while snubbing ROC (Taiwan); also it helped China in getting UN membership, and reciprocally China helped Pakistan in VETOing against Kashmir Issue in UNSC.

What about the views of Indians and Chinese members here? How do you take all this thing?

unlike nato the sco is not a military organisation......but an organisation for regional co-operation....soit can never be as powerfull as nato ........and russia is keen on making india as a full member ......however india and pakistan have observer status in sco....but india will never allign itself into any bloc as it has a better advantages in being so.....non-allignment is always our motto....

I'm literally yearning about it for so long. Wish it happens before long.

There has been a host of speculations about SCO going to be equivalent to NATO. It seems that Russia wants SCO to be a militarily strong organization -- equivalent to NATO. But then, China, willingly wants SCO to be an organization which can boost the economic sphere within its member countries along with countering terrorism in the region. So far, China and Russia both have kept their wants in stable state and working together to tone it up.

I guess, Pakistan has a great opportunity to come out from the sticky web of U.S' slavery and be a part of SCO which is strengthening its basis day-to-day. But it seems that the current government of Pakistan is also reluctant to make Pakistan a part of SCO.

I've read that Russia is reluctant to give Pakistan full membership unless India doesn’t join SCO. Is it true perchance? If yes, then Pakistan should stress China to help her getting full membership of SCO. Sino-Pak relations have always been good in the past where both the countries have helped each other at several occasions -- Pakistan recognizing PRC (China) while snubbing ROC (Taiwan); also it helped China in getting UN membership, and reciprocally China helped Pakistan in VETOing against Kashmir Issue in UNSC.

What about the views of Indians and Chinese members here? How do you take all this thing?

You already got the point actually. SCO is not and won't be a military organization.

However, due to the current status - that Pakistan is in the "WoT" with western aid, it's not good timing, not until NATO retreated from Afgh. It would be a trap - new cold war - to do it now. Think about the consequences and you will understand. No one, except NATO, could afford.

SCO is just an organization. We have an old Chinese saying "小不忍则乱大谋“ - “anger and haste hinder good counsel” . Don't you see J-10, F-22 frigate, and all the other cooperations going on? No worry. 21 century is ours.:pakistan::china:

You already got the point actually. SCO is not and won't be a military organization.

However, due to the current status - that Pakistan is in the "WoT" with western aid, it's not good timing, not until NATO retreated from Afgh. It would be a trap - new cold war - to do it now. Think about the consequences and you will understand. No one, except NATO, could afford.

SCO is just an organization. We have an old Chinese saying "小不忍则乱大谋“ - “anger and haste hinder good counsel” . Don't you see J-10, F-22 frigate, and all the other cooperations going on? No worry. 21 century is ours.:pakistan::china:

True, I agree comprehensively. You're right about the old Chinese saying too, but as I'm wondering, how long it'd take US-led Nato forces to vacate Afghanistan. Long long time :confused: anyway.

But yeah, still the Sino-Pak friendship rocks and I hope it stays like this :china::pakistan:

Do we have any numbers of intra SCO-trade? How much would Pakistan benefit in terms of trade?

Do a similar comparison in how much benefit would Pakistan get with intra SAARC trade. (There is still existing trade arrangements which was not cancelled by India despite the mumbai attacks). India and Pakistan are already observer states in the SCO, so until there are concrete trade agreements and extensive linkages between the SCO countries what benefit would there be relatively speaking in joining the SCO rather spending time and effort in having a bilateral EU /US or SAARC trade agreement for example.

Back
Top Bottom