What's new

Pakistan Test Fires Ghauri MRBM

@PanzerKiel
Sir, is there an exercise taking place.
What's the reason for these consecutive tests.

just a try, taking people attention away from Nawaz cases. yesterday he give hazri in courts, today appearing in aziziza and avenfield cases for relief.

There were Ghauri 1 and Ghauri 2 Missiles with diffrent ranges.
Its not clear which one is tested and what changes and developments are made as Ghauri 1 was tested around 24 years ago with 900 KM range.

Isn't the Ghauri missile derived from the Soviet SCUD missile technology that the North Korean helped us with?

I want to open a thread for Pakistani missiles tbh

I miss the era of Musharraf when we used to test new missiles periodically… and I used to be so excited about it.. now such news is very rare and after the colonising of Pakistan by the powerful authorities… it’s no longer that much exciting anymore

May be one day when Pakistan will get freedom… InshaAllah overseas Pakistanis will be proud again

All my prayers and best wishes for Pakistan

Timing is suspect. It looks as if a message is being delivered.
I miss the era of Musharraf when we used to test new missiles periodically… and I used to be so excited about it.. now such news is very rare and after the colonising of Pakistan by the powerful authorities… it’s no longer that much exciting anymore

May be one day when Pakistan will get freedom… InshaAllah overseas Pakistanis will be proud again

Some dictators have had a change of heart and pursued independent foreign policy. They wouldn't last long after that.

I think it's because we were transitioning from liquid-fuelled ballistic missiles like the Ghauri to solid-fuel motors during Musharraf's era like the Shaheen series

Whats the diff between ghauri and shaheen series? arent shaheen missiles more up to date and advance?

Whats the diff between ghauri and shaheen series? arent shaheen missiles more up to date and advance?
I think G3 was of liquid fuel and the rest were solid fuel. idk remember exactly..
anybody.. it seems asymmetrical burning in the beginning. Was it to steer the missile?
It wastes too much fuel as in the air and a quasi-turning is more efficient..

I'm assuming because the Shaheen and abbabeel systems are superior these ghauris will be used to target less defended targets or fired in unison with other missiles to confuse Indias BDM whilst shaheens, abbabeels, cruise missiles etc do the job?

Ghauri is liquid-fuelled, Shaheen is solid-feulled, the second and third variants are two stage with longer range.

Solid-feul is better because it's much quicker to deploy and keep ready on short notice, while liquid-fuel can take a long time just to prepare for launch which makes you vulnerable to preemptive strikes

Back
Top Bottom