What's new

Pakistan to build a Nuclear submarine

its better we make a nuclear reactor for power generation,and its easier too as there are no constraints of size,weight and operation as are for submarine nuclear reactor.
Agosta 90 and qing class are enough for our needs.

I am struggling to see the reason why Pakistan will need a Nuclear sub?

Ok , then think of it as a new missile ... Cut the submarine in half ... Recently , a missile was tested by Pakistan launched by vertical launchers ... I dont remember which ... But these things do make sense ...

Hmmm , miniaturized waheads are no problem ... you know Nasr right ?
The R&D continues , Wait and watch

Nasr is tactical missile with a sub kiloton warhead ..such small warheads are only suitable for battlefield deployment not for cities.

As Pakistan does not have any thermonuclear weapons ...a 15-20 KT warhead(like the ones used WW2) will need a larger missile...but they too have limited damage...can only destroy a portion of a city.

phly imran khan wali ID unban kero i have 200 images of F-22P zulfiqar -agusta 90b and much much . i am using my next door co worker's ID kitni sharam ki baat hai .

question how many ids you have :azn::azn: ahahahahaha

5 to 8 years is still great making our own submarines will be a huge infact major boost for pak navy and to those who r saying where the money will come from 5 to 8 years i think we can spend a few billion dollars in these years finally some great news and with this if we make babur navy variant and jf17 naval then thats a great boost for the navy its great we r going self reliant in navy too

Well few people who used to say that we don't need offensive navy as our coastline is around 1000 km , same people think its better to invest on 1 nuclear submarine then buying/building more dis. elec. submarine with AIP. May be pakistan navy wants to become an offensive navy...:undecided:

Rafi bhai is spot on!

My brother has links in navy. He hinted that we have been working on a Sub nuclear reactor for 12 years now and it is in final testing stages. Hull tech came from France with A-90bs (HLES 80 high strength steel) and so did the SUBTICS combat management system though we might have something better in nuke sub. Missile tech is both indigenous as well as Chinese option. And the QING class deal is very much on. We will see both in Arabian sea soon INSHA ALLAH. :)

Hope they name it "IRON SHARK" or somethin cool... :lol:

very needed its called second strike capability and the news is building a submarine which will increase our naval defence and self reliance

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Hope they name it "IRON SHARK" or somethin cool...

mairay bhai pns zulfiqar kar kay kuch hoga;);););)

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Well few people who used to say that we don't need offensive nay as our coastline is around 1000 km , same people think its better to invest on 1 nuclear submarine then buying/building more dis. elec. submarine with AIP. May be pakistan navy wants to become an offensive navy...

cmon yaar nuclear sub allows second strike capability and offence from an unknown point at sea and i am more happy about building a submarine

Long range,endurance,lower signature.... offensive,power projection,morale boast,stability in the region,complete 3rd strike nuclear capability etc!

Nasr is tactical missile with a sub kiloton warhead ..such small warheads are only suitable for battlefield deployment not for cities.

enough to do major damage as a nuclear warhead on naval battle but babur can handle major kiloton deployments

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Long range,endurance,lower signature.... offensive,power projection,morale boast,stability in the region etc!

second strike capability from the sea and stronger navy

As Pakistan does not have any thermonuclear weapons ...a 15-20 KT warhead(like the ones used WW2) will need a larger missile...but they too have limited damage...can only destroy a portion of a city.

Weren't you talking about miniaturized warhead bro ? Why cant the warhead used on Nasr be utilized on SLBM or SLCM ? Why not ?

question how many ids you have :azn::azn: ahahahahaha

5 to 8 years is still great making our own submarines will be a huge infact major boost for pak navy and to those who r saying where the money will come from 5 to 8 years i think we can spend a few billion dollars in these years finally some great news and with this if we make babur navy variant and jf17 naval then thats a great boost for the navy its great we r going self reliant in navy too

aik hi hai yaar wo bhi ban hoi pari hai jab jab drone attack hota hai mera BP 420 per phunch jata hai kya karoon :cry:

Long range,endurance,lower signature.... offensive,power projection,morale boast,stability in the region,complete 3rd strike nuclear capability etc!
I thought pakistan navy is defensive, and doesn't want to project power or being offensive. These statements where given many times on pdf (even by senior/premier members)....Is there change in doctrine of PN....if there is, kindly explain....

P.S.- If any one finds sarcasm, don't think it is. Asking genuinely...

enough to do major damage as a nuclear warhead on naval battle but babur can handle major kiloton deployments

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

second strike capability from the sea and stronger navy

Lol if you deploy deploy a sub kilotone warhead or for that matter a low kiloton warhead that is only effective in naval battle ..how does it count as a second strike ability?
A submarine based second strike means in case your land based nukes are wiped off ...you still have enough fire power deployed at sea to cause unacceptable damage to the enemy!!

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Weren't you talking about miniaturized warhead bro ? Why cant the warhead used on Nasr be utilized on SLBM or SLCM ? Why not ?

Ohh it can be!!..but based on diameter ans wahead capacity of the missile its yield will do too low to be considered as an effective second strike capability.

Again in fear of repeating myself, the NSFC will carry Pakistan's second, and third strike packages, the plan is for these subs to sit thousands of km's away from theater and make sure a "sneak attack" will be followed by full spectrum destruction of enemy homeland.

ASFC will employ land based road mobile BM's and Silo's - AFSFC will employ all AL-PGM's including Raad.

There have been a number of prototype reactors - which have shown excellent results.

We will employ both SSN's and Boomers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom