What's new

Pakistan to get US$2billion worth of oil from Kuwait

Nobody gives out free oil..it was always suppose to be on a loan(that is just misreporting)
But Pakistan approaching Kuwait for defered payments means that Pakistan's budget deficit situations is really very serious, such that it can no longer afford to pay for imports.

Pakistan's external debt is further going to increase by $2 Billion..yesterday was reading that Pakistan spends 60% of its budget on debt servicing and defence alone.

well Pakistan has always been buying oil on deferred payments

simply because the Arabs allow us to buy on deferred payments

Whenever the government asks them for help (free money/oil) they come up with "Buy now pay later" strategy

well Pakistan has always been buying oil on deferred payments

simply because the Arabs allow us to buy on deferred payments

Whenever the government asks them for help (free money/oil) they come up with "Buy now pay later" strategy

As far I remember in recent times it has resorted to deferred payment 3 times
After 1998 Nuclear test, when it was under global sanctions from Saudis.
In 2008 economic crisis, it approached first Iran ( but was refused) and then Saudis.
And Now.

BPCL raises oil supplies from UAE, SaudiAbove article was supposed to be posted in the Indian Economy thread.

On topic, the recent wikileaks have shown that traditional free oil supplies from countries like Saudi Arabia are not coming through because they don't trust Zardari's regime. There are multiple problems facing Pakistan and being able to pay for oil is just one of them as the proce of oil will keep increasing in the future.

first rule of economics is there is nothing as free lunch!!! i am sure pakistan is giving something of ALOT OF VALUE in return! most probably land for agriculture!! and all the produce from it going back to kuwait....

^^^the arab regimes of kuwait, RSA etc will require the services (as in the past) of the PA to 'quell' any uprisings in their countries. this is the main reason for the accomodations now being offered.

I will mark ur post... next time when u call arabs traitors of umma...

Keep dreaming these people are willing to destroy their country for Arabs and u want him to say something Bad against them.
No, they are businessmen.

Who in the world doesn't no how good of a business Arabs Run.:rofl:

i think it is a written statement just to show world that it is not free...But i think Pakistan is Not going to pay for next 10 years.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom