What's new

Pakistan to install air defence system at Pak-Afghan border

What is the purpose of the newly built 'NASR' missile? Can it be used to shoot down fighter jets and helicopters?
Nasr-440x344.jpg

Yes ofcourse it can be used to shoot the fighter jets and helicopters while they are sitting on the ground- :lol:-

Don't think Pakistan has any Air Defense capability that has the capacity to defeat Apache Gunship countermeasures.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Only PAF can shoot down the apache..
the other way round is for pakistan to stop fuel supply to ISAF..No plane of helicopter can fly without fuel...and sll fuel goes through pakistan.
does pakistan still need to shoot them down ;)

Pakistan has decided to install air defence system at Pakistan border to stop future aggression.

According to Dunya News, a comprehensive strategy has been devised to counter any future NATO attack from Afghanistan.

The communication between Pakistan Army and Pakistan Air Force will also be improved in case of any military assault from western borders, Dunya News learnt
Dunya News: Pakistan:p:akistan to install air defence system at Pak-Afgh...

Umm, these air defence systems, where will we buy it from? Cause I am dead sure the "western" systems we have wont stop the americans! Just like our apaches and F-16s are useless against uncle SAM..

Maybe the chinese ones?

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Pakistan does need the most advanced Air Defense System but more than that Pakistan needs to develop a SPINE.

Are there any countries that can Transplant a TITANIUM BACKBONE ?

Pakistan must learn that once you surrender your sovereignty, there is nothing left to protect. Once you yield your Sovereignty, you might as well leave your borders and come back home. What is the point of sitting out there at the borders and getting slaughtered.

Next time somone crosses over the border and fires SHOOT those BAS_ _ _ _ S down.

couldnt have said it better..

What is the purpose of the newly built 'NASR' missile? Can it be used to shoot down fighter jets and helicopters?
Nasr-440x344.jpg

You do know that NASR is tactical nuke right?

It's a political decision. If both sides are in a rush, China can just deploy hardware and operators in Pakistan. We did that in North Vietnam against USAF.

Do the Chinese leaders see the urgency in this regard, I mean do they view the threat as most Pakistanis do? Typically how long does it take to deploy a battery of S-300 type air defence system?

Do the Chinese leaders see the urgency in this regard, I mean do they view the threat as most Pakistanis do? Typically how long does it take to deploy a battery of S-300 type air defence system?
China is undergoing a political transition right now as the peace loving doves Hu and Wen leave in March 2012. The new leadership lead by Xi Jiping are military hawks. So the political go-ahead might come in a few months. Assuming Karakorum highway can be used, probably days or weeks to deploy. If not, then shipping + road transport will take weeks or even a few months. That's my estimate.

i think we are deploying anti aircraft guns and may be any chinese system

Pakistan has decided to install air defence system at Pakistan border to stop future aggression.
According to Dunya News, a comprehensive strategy has been devised to counter any future NATO attack from Afghanistan.
Ah! It's Déjà vu again! This is exactly what the PTB had said after the Osama raid!! Seems nothing's gonna change! :azn:

China is undergoing a political transition right now as the peace loving doves Hu and Wen leave in March 2012. The new leadership lead by Xi Jiping are military hawks. So the political go-ahead might come in a few months. Assuming Karakorum highway can be used, probably days or weeks to deploy. If not, then shipping + road transport will take weeks or even a few months. That's my estimate.

If that is the case, then for the time being Pakistan is on her own and that is why the US is in such a hurry. China must find a way to help Pakistan if something horrible happens now or else Pakistan as a state has very little chance against the military might of the US.

pakistan should avoid any conflict ,

is it an incident or usa pr-planed policy , after afagnistan , pakistan will be the next

dont you guys think usa is just going to start its pakistan center policy

pakistan should avoid any conflict ,

is it an incident or usa pr-planed policy , after afagnistan , pakistan will be the next

dont you guys think usa is just going to start its pakistan center policy

That is exactly what Mr. Ten Percent is trying to tell the Pakistani people! Do you happen to be a close confidante of Mr. Ten Percent?

Back
Top Bottom