What's new

Pakistan to quit Saudi-led military coalition if it turns sectarian

The same could be said about Saudi Arabia. Its best to be neutral. If the alliance is against terrorism only, then good and invite Iran because in the past it has suffered terror too. If not then say so clearly and we should have no part in it. We cannot choose sides between Saudi and Iran.
Well both of them conduct Bussiness with India without thinking of Pakistan,
I fail to understand why our Sunnis are loyal to KSA
and Shias loyal to Iran
we will do what is better for us, and right now joining this colaition seems like a good option than doing nothing(Like Iran wants us to do)

and if this alliance fights against Houthis, then what will it be classified as ?

The same could be said about Saudi Arabia. Its best to be neutral. If the alliance is against terrorism only, then good and invite Iran because in the past it has suffered terror too. If not then say so clearly and we should have no part in it. We cannot choose sides between Saudi and Iran.
The Alliance is called: The Islamic Alliance against terrorism.. So yes, definitely it is strictly that..the Problem in inviting Iran is that it will make this coalition suspect in the Eyes of the US and its allies who consider Iran a terrorist and a pariah state (true or false, that is their prerogative), the alliance wants to avoid to be brought to a conflict with the West by all means, that is why inviting Iran now is out of question..
Pakistan has a big Shia' community, and wants to avoid any external sectarian war spillover on its territory.. furthermore, the fightings in Iraq, Syria and Yemen all have Sunnis and Shia' fighting each other as well as Sunni vs Sunni, ISIS is mostly Sunni and it is the main enemy targeted by this coalition, but if any Shia' designated terrorist group emerges in a Muslim country, it will be targeted too..
So leaving this coalition will be in the best interest of Pakistan if it fears a sectarian war because of some potential confrontation with some terrorist Shia' groups.. and that might irritate Iran, or/and cause internal security problems in Pakistan..the same Idea applies to the GCC who's main aim is to prevent internal security problems caused by their Shia' apparently and some ISIS Sunnis too..So this might be already conflicting.. the coalition has 40 members, If Pakistan leaves, Algeria will join it, it already started accusing Iran of trying to spread Shiism in Algeria, so it will stay at that number and will fight its own fight, it is not a Pakistani fight apparently..

Wrong is wrong...Talibans were wrong...got kicked in middle...Houthis are wrong...may get kick in middle...What puzzles me is that when Taliban were getting killed, no body shouted or acted like a di*k by saying Sunnis are getting murdered/killed by sectarian army...

But now when sword is possibly hanging on Houthis, who happen to be close towards shia philosophy...everyone is shouting like hell, trying to give it sectarian color...Why?

Taliban and houthis both wrecking havoc inside their respective countries...what wrong is wrong...
@PaklovesTurkiye , the Talebans were a sectarian army in both Afghanistan and Pakistan. In Afghanistan they slaughtered countless Shia and whatever was not Sunni ( unfortunately Saudi funded wahabi schools are great to teach people hatred), in Pakistan they did or would do the same. Unfortunately many just choose to not see that. Just FYI Afghan Talebans were fighting Sunni Northern Alliance. Shia back then we're not really capable of defending themselves, hence the horrible atrocities committed against them. In Yemen, houties been fighting since 2009 because they were discriminated against. Saleh in Yemen was himself a Zayidi but was Saudi man. Now Saudis don't like him hence he is now called a terrorist.

At the end of it it is all political

The Alliance is called: The Islamic Alliance against terrorism.. So yes, definitely it is strictly that..the Problem in inviting Iran is that it will make this coalition suspect in the Eyes of the US and its allies who consider Iran a terrorist and a pariah state (true or false, that is their prerogative), the alliance wants to avoid to be brought to a conflict with the West by all means, that is why inviting Iran now is out of question..

Some good points there SC. Pakistan has always been in the US camp though we are realizing its folly. Yet the Hudaibiyah treaty is the greatest proof that when you can't fight your enemies you ally with them and/or accept their wishes. Thats what the prophet did with Mecca and in the end he surpassed them and beat them. So I understand this treaty with US though I despise the US. So as you said, concerns of further isolation from US are a major reason our leaders are not aligning with Iran. Irans isolation and being loggerheads with arab nations is also a reason.

Pakistan has a big Shia' community, and wants to avoid any external sectarian war spillover on its territory.. furthermore, the fightings in Iraq, Syria and Yemen all have Sunnis and Shia' fighting each other as well as Sunni vs Sunni, ISIS is mostly Sunni and it is the main enemy targeted by this coalition, but if any Shia' designated terrorist group emerges in a Muslim country, it will be targeted too..

Bro every time I have said this I have received flak but in Pakistan and Afghanistan atleast shias have been at the receiving end of most violence. Recently shias were dying daily in Quetta at hands of LeJ, glad army took control and was given extra rights and has delivered. Even today a terror bid was foiled, before that a suicide vehicle was caught on afghan border. We need a more pro minority policy, supportive not only of shias but also ahmedis, christians hindus and others.

I am a sunni btw but it doesn't require a scientist to admit this.

As far as what you said I agree. Interesting to note shia rulers like Assad have oppressed sunnis and sunni rulers like Saddam have oppressed shias. This reality, and our inability to live together and love each other is at the heart of the problem. A lot of sunnis and shias are pro saudi and iran respectively. Your country has to come first but they don't realize it. But as I said the problem also centralizes on the fact that we sunnis have failed to express support for shias when they were dying. Even now TTP's favorite location of attack is imambargahs. So we should admit this. There is no shame in it. Calling a zulm a zulm is a basic tenet of Islam.

So leaving this coalition will be in the best interest of Pakistan if it fears a sectarian war because of some potential confrontation with some terrorist Shia' groups.. and that might irritate Iran, or/and cause internal security problems in Pakistan..

Some sort of balance would be the key. But the question is who is going to decide this delicate balance and what it actually means. Pakistan has to devise a policy though that is neither anti Iran nor anti Saudi. Even I do not know how to apply this. If you have solutions do share. The key aspect atleast for us Pakistanis is our ability to stick together and love each other regardless of not just sect but also ethnicity. Bengal was lost on an ethnicity problem. So lots to focus on but no actual solutions for the entire mess.

the same Idea applies to the GCC who's main aim is to prevent internal security problems caused by their Shia' apparently and some ISIS Sunnis too..

Agreed. We are between a rock and a hard place, as they say. Both Iran and Saudi have been wooing us. I am surprised Sharif who was saved by Saudis during Musharraf's time has not succumbed to Saudi pressure. I would have expected Pakistan to be far more pro Saudi, though thank God saner minds the media raising it has caused us to be a little more neutral.

So this might be already conflicting.. the coalition has 40 members, If Pakistan leaves, Algeria will join it, it already started accusing Iran of trying to spread Shiism in Algeria, so it will stay at that number and will fight its own fight, it is not a Pakistani fight apparently..

Well I am surprised Oman and Sudan are becoming anti Iran. Oman beat the Dhofar rebellion with Iranian help. Sudan too had received help in its conflict in the south though now the south is divided from Sudan. As I said Iran's problem is its extreme isolation. It is the classic case of a country that hasn't played its cards right. I respected Iran's anti US stand but it acting like a typical sectarian country supporting a tyrant like Assad has changed my perception of them.

At the end it's Pakistan and only Pakistan who must make a choice based on interests. Saudi and PGCC are strong now however Iran is predicted to become a powerhouse in future. Politics is always temporary, for now I would stick with the ones who are strong.

wtf what is happening there, this bastard asif is giving a free space to india to use his back channel with arabs too in order to protect yadev.. unfortunately our piyara watan pakistan has this kind of traitors surrounding us.. couldn't he just keep quiet until the death of yadev.. why did he bark in this crucial time.. stupid mental bustard

The Alliance will decide for itself, if this alliance/Army start discriminating and killing people just because they are Shia or whatever than its a Shitty Alliance ..
At the end it's Pakistan and only Pakistan who must make a choice based on interests. Saudi and PGCC are strong now however Iran is predicted to become a powerhouse in future. Politics is always temporary, for now I would stick with the ones who are strong.
Powerhouse ? Not sure which shitty weed you smoking and even if it does becomes all the good to Persians for it. This coalition is not targeting Iran. Unless here is something specific that Iran believes will lead them towards the head of snake

@salarsikander , I can't smoke weed as it is against federal law and against my agency's policies. Can't help you with the powerhouse thing, if you don't like it .

Raheel Shareef been framed by PMLn very swiftly. Kept him away from Pakistan to become hero. It was PMLn who pushed RS in Arab coalition. Now the revenge is coming in the shape of Panama leaks. Bajwa is going all out against Nawaz , from Dawn leaks to Panama Gate.

The Alliance will decide for itself, if this alliance/Army start discriminating and killing people just because they are Shia or whatever than its a Shitty Alliance ..
IS THIS NOT BEEN DONE ALLREADY?
SUNNI/WAHABBI.... KILLINING ZAIDI SHIA IN YEMEN
OR RAHEEL SHARIF WILL START BOMMING BUDDISTS INSTEAD OF YEMNI

The US was curious to know what were the objectives of this new coalition, So the west did not object after getting to know the objectives..
YES BECAUSE THE NEW COALITION WAS NOT AGAINST WEST............. BUT WAS AGAINST EACH OTHER,S THROATS....... THATS WHY US DIDNT OBJECT............ INFACT IT,S US POLICY BEING IMPLIMENTED BT SAUDIA ARABIA WE ARE JUST A SMALL HIRED FOR RENT PAWN IN BIG SCREEN

Back
Top Bottom