What's new

Pakistan - Turkey (PAC-TAI) Collaboration for NGFA-TFX 5th Gen Aircraft l Updates, News & Discussion

The key value for the PAF will be to pivot the 5th generation design/tech towards a fully unmanned 5/6th generation platform that would support the TFX in its roles. Id much rather have the PAF go the co-development join venture route so that more funds are available for such a concept.

If we create such a UCAV fighter alongside the TFX that would give us a huge competitive edge over the IAF for decades to come.
Don't you worry. We don't have any strong industrial base to support development of any kind of fighter let alone a next generation fighter.

So it would surely be a JV or even just entering into someone's project in last stages to tell them to retrofit PAF requirements into their project.

Have heard of a lot about collaborations, ToT and soon our own R&D would start spitting out actual big ticket items but all we mange to do is to localize some production and bring in the kits for the rest to assemble. With all those Govt held defense industries, ToT and collaboration from all across the globe, but still we haven't been able to design and induct even a rifle of our own.

TAI's new plan as of 2022

18 march 2023 roll out
18 march 2025 first flight

in 2029 , delivery of the first TFX to TURAF ... ( TFX will have block0 , block1 , etc )

and until 2040 TAI will produce all TFXs for the Turkish Airforce
( to produce 24 TFX per year )

Turkey and the USA renewed negotiations regarding the F-35s.
6 F-35s made for Turkey stand in a hangar. We are discussing what will happen to them.

the discussions on both the F-16 and the F-35 continue. Turkey requested 40 new F-16 Block 70 fighter jets and 80 conversion kits to modernize its F-16s to block70 standard

-- Turkey develops MIUS unmanned stealth Fighter Jet to possessing the same advanced characteristics as 5th-generation stealth Fighters ... ( first flight in 2023 )

( MIUS will be able to perform air to air combat , strategic attack missions,
suppression/destruction of air defense systems and missile attack missions )

Endurance : 5 Hours
Service ceiling : 40,000 ft
Cruise speed : supersonic 1,4 mach
Payload : 1.5 Tons

-- AESA radar and next-generation avionics, sensor fusion
-- Internal weapon stations
-- Stealth flight capability
-- The ability to hide from Radars
-- Aggressive maneuverability with delta canard and vertical stabilizers
-- Smart fleet autonomy equipped with artificial intelligence
-- Turbofan engine
E5Ze20.jpg

another Turkish project for PAF to counter IAF
MIUS is being designed in a stealth form that the missile slots are taken in the fuselage, as in the 5th generation Fighter Jets , equipped with powerful AESA Radar and BVR missiles to change the concept of air warfare
Hope the Turks work on a STOVL version of the Fighter drone, for their LHD. By now it should be a very well understood technology, especially by a (former) F-35 partner nation. Would make for every good fighters (based out of dispersed makeshift air fields) to support manned fighters.

Turks are exploring maximum options for there jets, so that they can have multiple options to test there prototypes

I have read a news article that says Turkey is collaborating with UK for the engines of its 5th gen. fighter. I don't see how TF-X will be viable for PAF due to current or possible future sanctions.

I have read a news article that says Turkey is collaborating with UK for the engines of its 5th gen. fighter. I don't see how TF-X will be viable for PAF due to current or possible future sanctions.

It will be viable because they will make an ingenious F110 engine for the TFX by 2026 hence this is viable for Pakistan otherwise they wouldn't get involved with it in the first place hence they are assured of it.

Last edited:
According to Prof Dr Ismail Demir, head of defense industries department, TFX has the following sources for its engine:
  • F-16 engines for block 0
  • Under development indigenous engine project
  • JV with Rolls Royce for a new engine for 5th gen fighters
  • An X source to be announced later
Now, which country has a 5th gen fighter engine that can accommodate Pak, or is accommodated by Pak?

With the dilemma of US NOT providing NOC for ATAK-I engines - PAF think tank must have debated and developed a strategy for the right source of Power plant.
The collaboration btw two countries on a 5.0th Gen fighter jet [hopefully] would be in a much broader context.

It will be viable because they will make an ingenious F110 engine for the TFX by 2026 hence this is viable for Pakistan otherwise they wouldn't get involved with it in the first place hence they are assured of it.
We can have PAF specific variant with Chinese engine and even few avoinics to integrate Chinese weapons

It is quite simple that Pakistan can't try its luck on TFX due to origin of TFX Engine being UK.
Possibility is that PAF is collaborating with Turkey on avionics and some key parts development for NGFA.May be PAF will pay to TAI firms for helping us in design phase and sensors development.Full TFX is no go.

@JamD how much serious we can take the recently released PAF video? I think it was just engineers doing their routine fun.

It is quite simple that Pakistan can't try its luck on TFX due to origin of TFX Engine being UK.
Possibility is that PAF is collaborating with Turkey on avionics and some key parts development for NGFA.May be PAF will pay to TAI firms for helping us in design phase and sensors development.Full TFX is no go.

@JamD how much serious we can take the recently released PAF video? I think it was just engineers doing their routine fun.
most likely but let's see

"Someone may or may not have seen project AZM design :whistle:

I can say with 80% confidence that what I have seen is indeed AZM design. I've debated in my head about it and I have decided not to disclose anything about it. I will let some idiot do that when it becomes more widely known. I will only say this: It is a clean sheet design. Now whether Pakistan uses this design to get concessions on J-31/35 is anybody's guess."

Attachments

• 5th Gen Design.jpg
    5th Gen Design.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom