What's new

Pakistan-Turkey to start $ 20 billion upgradation project on Islamabad-Istanbul rail

20$ billion dollars is a huge amount.

I mean who will pay all that money.Because only turkey can invest in this kind of money.And once a rail link is improved.What will be the benefit for it.I mean ok we and Iran can get our exports faster to EU.But besides that what are other advantages.Because i don't think there will be many Passengers.So any other Use

do you believe iran would agree with such a project???

Turkey, Iran, Pakistan to launch container train service
Turkey, Pakistan and Iran have agreed in principle to operate a container train service from İstanbul to Islamabad via Tehran in the first phase of their plan and passenger train service in the second phase, Pakistani news reports said.

The technical details of the first phase, the container train service, were discussed at a meeting of senior railway officials of the three countries held in Tehran, Pakistan's Daily Times said on its Internet site. The service will start in August, with the first train expected to arrive in Islamabad from İstanbul on Aug. 14.

Containers carrying commercial goods are currently sent from Turkey to Pakistan by ship. Pakistani authorities say the train service will reduce costs and make transportation more convenient.

Turkey and Iran already have railway link-ups at their borders and both have freight and passenger train services. Pakistani and Iranian rail networks will be connected in order to link the railways of the three countries.

20$ billion dollars is a huge amount.

I mean who will pay all that money.Because only turkey can invest in this kind of money.And once a rail link is improved.What will be the benefit for it.I mean ok we and Iran can get our exports faster to EU.But besides that what are other advantages.Because i don't think there will be many Passengers.So any other Use

No, Pakistan can invest that kind of money too.

First of all, the rail link already exists. Through this project, it will be upgraded to allow for higher speed trains to traverse it.

Secondly, the Iran-Pakistan pipeline is a case in point. That could not be stopped because it was in the interest of both countries. This project will similarly go through because it is in the interest of all three countries, and in fact, the region as a whole.

I am really disappointed with the naysaying going on here. What is that expression about it being better to light a candle than to curse the darkness?

i know that there is a rail link but is it too old i mean over the years pakistan havent give any attention to it. and thanx for your reply, sorry about the the emo. i wanted this :smitten: but end up doing this:undecided:

hearing such kind of news since childhood!

sometime we will making 100 Fl buildings
sometime we will making stadium
sometime we will making subway etc
sometime we will making airport
sometime we will make blaa blaa

These are just news thats it nuthing implement!

Wonderful News. Pakistan connecting to EU, the second biggest and emerging as the biggest consumption market of the world. WAO.. lovely and thats going to deepen our trade/cultural/defense ties wit Turkey and Iran even further. Lovely News and lovely thinking.

hearing such kind of news since childhood!

sometime we will making 100 Fl buildings
sometime we will making stadium
sometime we will making subway etc
sometime we will making airport
sometime we will make blaa blaa

These are just news thats it nuthing implement!

This particular project and the rail project with China involve other nations too and domenstic issues are less likely to influence these projects. Have faith in God and your ability to perform beyond the rest. We can do wonders and Inshallah we will. Pakistan is awakening. :pakistan:

If this ever succeed, who will gain from this project ?. Pakistan or Turkey/EU ?

..rd..

If this ever succeed, who will gain from this project ?. Pakistan or Turkey/EU ?

..rd..

Everybody will be the winner but Pakistan, Iran and Turkey will be the major gainers though. Pakistan produces 100s of goods that the world uses and by opening door to Europe through cheaper and direct access, we can increase our exports and production multi folds. Iran is so far an bit isolated and needs to expand its area of influence beyond its borders, this will be a mile stone for Iran as its goods could reach Turkey and to Europe and also to central Pakistan. Similarly Europe will be able to have cheaper goods through that route. Its win-win game for every country and win++ for Pakistan because we are hungry for opportunities. We are not short of potential but exposure and this will route will provide us that.

When India wants to have transit trade route through Pakistan, it is not eying on Afghanistan as the final destination, it is looking for huge potential that lies beyond Afghanistan and this rail link is going to materialize that for Pakistan.

Pakistan and Turkey to collaborate on $20B rail link. Pakistan to connect to the EU via train.

For all the negative crap in the media about Pakistan, you wouldn’t know news from reality until you kept your eye on the massive economic and infrastructure deals Pakistan’s been busy inking! Pakistan and Turkey, in particular, have really stepped up joint projects in the recent past. I’ve been trying to keep up with various civil and military initiatives that the two countries are undertaking and it’s getting to be quite a list. For example, the upgradation of Pakistan Air Force F-16 jets in Turkey and the potential purchase of ATAK T-129 gunship helicopters from Turkey’s TAI Aselsan corporation are just two examples. Collaboration on the construction of Pakistan’s huge Bhasha Hydroelectric Dam and expansion of Turkish banks into Pakistan are two others.
However, today’s announcements trumps everything else. Meeting with President Zardari in Ankara, President Abdullah Gul announced that Pakistan, Iran and Turkey will be working on an over $20B project to significantly uprade the rail infrastructure in all three countries and create a single integrated line that will connect Pakistan directly with the EU.
By avoiding the slow ocean route and the very expensive aerial route, rail links will open new avenues of cooperation and growth for companies in all three countries. Not only will this link give a significant boost to Pak-Turk trade, but also to Pak-Iran economic ties. In fact, this would be the third significant infrastructure project Pakistan has embarked on that involves Iran. The first being the supply of electricity via Iranian power plants to several parts of Baluchistan, next in line is the massive Iran Pakistan (soon to be IPC, or Iran Pakistan China) oil pipeline project and now this rail initiative.
Now if only India would work diligently towards settling its outstanding issues with Pakistan. Perhaps it too could benefit from the Iran Pakistan pipeline, and direct rail links to the EU!
Here’s more from The News:
A comprehensive presentation was given to the Pakistani and Turkish Presidents on the 6,566 kilometres Rail project from Islamabad to Istanbul, via Tehran, with 1,990 kilometres track situated in Pakistan, 2,570 kilometres in Iran and 2,006 kilometres in Turkey.
“This rail link will strengthen Pakistan’s economy as well as people to people ties with not only brotherly Muslim countries but also onwards to Europe”, remarked President Zardari who floated the Islamabad-Istanbul cargo train idea last year when an experimental train was run on the route on his initiative on August 14.

Pakistan and Turkey to collaborate on $20B rail link. Pakistan to connect to the EU via train. | TechLahore

yeah posted already........ and will only believe when the project is completed

Because 20B$ is not some small amount.And Besides turkey no other country can provide it.

I agree with Mr X. The worst thing about the railway network is Pakistani railway network which is on broad guage as compared to standard in Iran and Turkiye. Pakistan need to change this to standard on Lahore Karachi, Lahore Islamabad, Multan Quetta section. This will not only help Pakistan connecting with ECO countried but with China and Russia in future

Back
Top Bottom