What's new

Pakistan unveils BW20 and BW21 rifles

I think u have a habbit of waffling.
You have zero understanding of design. You just talk a lot
When you dont have logical coubter argument than you point fingers to other its understandable nature of our regional people please reply with facts

At least they should provide us with the weight of the rifle so we can compare it with other rifles so far the buttstock seems a bit too stretched backwards. Yes, I know it's a prototype but things I would personally like are proper adjustable foldable stock with good should length settings. I won't go into Picatinny and the sorts it's only a prototype but the weight should be open source.

Glorified G3...nothing new....period.
Lighter weight, packing the punch of 7.62x51, with better optics and also the 5.56mm carbine version, sounds like an excellent combo. If the Army goes for it, this could be really good.

The alternate is to buy into a foreign license, spend millions on PoF assembly lines for which the GoP/MoD has no money. In the face of such restrictions, you have to improvise.

Specialized units can continue to import certain weapons as needed but if the Army on the whole can standardize on an upgraded variant, this would be good.

Indians just ended up with Sig 716s because they missed their SLRs and realized that 7.62x51 is still a potent round. PoF never went away from that. If G-3 manufacturing lines can be upgraded to get the army a lighter 7.62x51 weapon, I think its not a bad deal at all.

I can assure you, quality wise these would be much better than the INSAS that the Indian Army has used for over 2 decades and our rifle would have a more potent caliber to boot.

That is quite respectable! A very decent MoA for an average rifleman with this weapon.

Last edited:
Lighter weight, packing the punch of 7.62x51, with better optics and also the 5.56mm carbine version, sounds like an excellent combo. If the Army goes for it, this could be really good.

The alternate is to buy into a foreign license, spend millions on PoF assembly lines for which the GoP/MoD has no money. In the face of such restrictions, you have to improvise.

Specialized units can continue to import certain weapons as needed but if the Army on the whole can standardize on an upgraded variant, this would be good.

Indians just ended up with Sig 716s because they missed their SLRs and realized that 7.62x51 is still a potent round. PoF never went away from that. If G-3 manufacturing lines can be upgraded to get the army a lighter 7.62x51 weapon, I think its not a bad deal at all.

I can assure you, quality wise these would be much better than the INSAS that the Indian Army has used for over 2 decades and it has a more potent caliber to boot.
It looks like Salman Ali and POF are constantly iterating. It was only a few years ago that they were experimenting with AR-15 and AK-based designs. But today, the BW series is (especially BW-21) new from the ground up. I think POF will evolve these designs further. By the time the Army greenlights the rifle for production, the BW series will look quite different. If POF continues on this road, it'll have a rifle that'll distinctly be POF just as the BREN is distinctly CZ, or SCAR is distinctly FN Herstal, or ARX is distinctly Beretta.

I hope we have a team working on modular plate carrier vests, et. al.

One stup front two steo backwards mindset

Chinese qbz 191 is better choice

This video should put some sense in nonsense

At least they should provide us with the weight of the rifle so we can compare it with other rifles so far the buttstock seems a bit too stretched backwards. Yes, I know it's a prototype but things I would personally like are proper adjustable foldable stock with good should length settings. I won't go into Picatinny and the sorts it's only a prototype but the weight should be open source.

It’s a modular design. So stock is an accessory and can be per the liking of the user. Also BW20/21 do have rails and even keymod hand-guard.

Also per the firearms blog interview, they want to use polymer lower which should further reduce the weight.

From my understanding BW-21 and BW-20 are G-3s with modern furniture.

i.e using the same roller delayed action

Same position of charging handle because manual of training

But BW-21 uses a shorter barrel and 7.62 NATO doesn't like to work quite well with short barrels. This will be interesting to see what solution they came up with.

Also I see they fixed the stock issue. The original G-3 stock has a downward slope so you need to shove your face in to use iron sights.

This new stock will allow more upright neck position and cheek weld

This roller delayed blowback mechanism is also a problem. Works well with low power cartridges but not suitable for high powered cartridges. So let's see how things play out

It looks like Salman Ali and POF are constantly iterating. It was only a few years ago that they were experimenting with AR-15 and AK-based designs. But today, the BW series is (especially BW-21) new from the ground up. I think POF will evolve these designs further. By the time the Army greenlights the rifle for production, the BW series will look quite different. If POF continues on this road, it'll have a rifle that'll distinctly be POF just as the BREN is distinctly CZ, or SCAR is distinctly FN Herstal, or ARX is distinctly Beretta.

I hope we have a team working on modular plate carrier vests, et. al.
Might be the limited visibility of our R&D but POF seems to be doing R&D right - incremental improvements, consistently, while building capacity and keeping users in mind. Other places can learn a few things. Let's hope it's an institutional thing and not something being pushed by Salman Ali and his friends or something.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom