What's new

Pakistan unveils BW20 and BW21 rifles

Do the Pakistani forces use these rifles?

These are just G-3s in new clothes.
All the primary functions and mechanisms are the same,
Well if it meets the new requirements then why not?
So far the reviews state:
- it is lighter
- better recoil management
- similar accuracy and reliability as g3 (which was already one of best)
- options for accessories such as scopes etc.

If this can be achieved with the same infrastructure and machines with no new lic fees, this is win.

@PanzerKiel I know things are a little hostile for you here these days, but do you mind sharing some insights about this project?

- it is lighter

If this can be achieved with the same infrastructure and machines with no new lic fees, this is win.

@PanzerKiel I know things are a little hostile for you here these days, but do you mind sharing some insights about this project?
Agreed on all of your points of course... However, on a personal note, as an end user, whenever I see something like G3, I surely don't like it . It's human afterall.

- it is lighter

If this can be achieved with the same infrastructure and machines with no new lic fees, this is a win.

People tend to jump the gun and forget the G3 was and still is the Highmark for other competitors in our gun procurement. The G3 still stand tall in terms of reliability but not everything is honky dory and daisy it certainly has serious weight problems among others.

Agreed on all of your points of course... However, on a personal note, as an end user, whenever I see something like G3, I surely don't like it . It's human afterall.
Is it just the looks you are talking about? What about the new bw20? I think the shape can be modernized - and I am all up for making it more aesthetically appealing: This is a must for civilian market, especially high end exports market like US, and can boost morale of troops who will be spending days and nights with it ;)

Could the addition of a Smart scope mitigate the deficiencies of the rifle (Rifle Weight, limited ammunition carried per Soldier, etc.), especially if it would increases the max effective range?

Could the addition of a Smart scope mitigate the deficiencies of the rifle (Rifle Weight, limited ammunition carried per Soldier, etc.), especially if it would increases the max effective range?

Range is one thing.....the man has to carry it around, sometimes in enclosed spaces etc. And then its not only the heavy rifle, you have to carry the ammo as well.

Range is one thing.....the man has to carry it around, sometimes in enclosed spaces etc. And then its not only the heavy rifle, you have to carry the ammo as well.
Any indication China is working on a Rifle to match the US Next Generation Squad Weapon? And if so, should Pakistan join such a program to leapfrog these older technologies of Rifles, save costs, have access to optics coming out of their defense industry and generally go straight to a “more modern” design?

lighter but with similar stopping power as a 7.62 at a much further range

And this smart scope which supposedly can be used for CQB and Sniping at long ranges.

P.s. not trying to spam videos, just showing the future US army rifle which is set to become the global benchmark

Range requirement is out to 1200 yards or nearly 1100 meters.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom