What's new

Pakistan Urges Russia to Sell Nuclear Reactors

I guess there is too much heat going on in here. Guys every1 has his own views and own thinking. What Sam, A.Rehman and thunder are saying its all right. I would like to add my opinion and thinking as well.

Recognising Israel, no way guys, i wouldnt support that either but the current situation in Pakistan suggest we should move forward to become friend under reasonable conditions as long as they are in there in limits. You really cant trust jews, they can be good to u in front of you, but behind they can be very dangerouse. I met couple of them i know there nature, what its like? So Pakistan has to be very careful with that. Plus Islam doesnt stop us having friendship with other religions. But when i see whats happening in palastine, my blood go wild.

Any way we were talking about nuclear technology from Russia, U guys recon Russia is gonna do that, I guess its not that simple. Providing Pakistan with such technology will affect India and Soviet relations. India has a very big market to russians for arm exports. So they wouldnt like to affect thier ties with India.

Would be very interesting if Russia consider those suggestions..........

also melb dont forget we also supported Taliban and we also shot down couple of Migs .

But if Russia can forget about USA then y not us ?

F-16's shold be used for now , but try to get off them slowly. and replace it with some other fighter

Originally posted by melb4aust@Jan 30 2006, 01:43 PM
I guess there is too much heat going on in here. Guys every1 has his own views and own thinking. What Sam, A.Rehman and thunder are saying its all right. I would like to add my opinion and thinking as well.

Recognising Israel, no way guys, i wouldnt support that either but the current situation in Pakistan suggest we should move forward to become friend under reasonable conditions as long as they are in there in limits. You really cant trust jews, they can be good to u in front of you, but behind they can be very dangerouse. I met couple of them i know there nature, what its like? So Pakistan has to be very careful with that. Plus Islam doesnt stop us having friendship with other religions. But when i see whats happening in palastine, my blood go wild.

Any way we were talking about nuclear technology from Russia, U guys recon Russia is gonna do that, I guess its not that simple. Providing Pakistan with such technology will affect India and Soviet relations. India has a very big market to russians for arm exports. So they wouldnt like to affect thier ties with India.

Would be very interesting if Russia consider those suggestions..........
[post=5749]Quoted post[/post]​

Your exactly thinking on the same mind set as i am and yaar there is no such thing as any heat in here its a health discussion which is infact high lighting a lot of things and ya thanks for bringing in your point :thumbsup: which is valid as well we are all friends here and where just trying to add what each indivigual thinks but anyways this topic is cool......

We can't have relations with Russia, they will always follow the Indians. Even though it will be beneficial for us, but i should say that we should stick with China and Arab countries, but of course we can have trade relations with the Russians and other countries if possible.

See Russia is with India for a very simple reason, infact it is the same reason why they are with China too. Both India & China have huge military requirements which Russia can fulfill and thus Russian defence industry is being sustained by India & China alone.

You are absolutely right buddy. There's no way they are gonna lose their potential customers, just for couple of atom reacters. Plus india has long historical ties with russia.

And india surely is not gonna be happy for such kind of deal. Im not so sure about China though...............
because it is not a simple issue, Soviet nation needs Ca$h$$$$$ as well.

Originally posted by Bejoy Samuel@Feb 2 2006, 04:16 AM
See Russia is with India for a very simple reason, infact it is the same reason why they are with China too. Both India & China have huge military requirements which Russia can fulfill and thus Russian defence industry is being sustained by India & China alone.
[post=5823]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes you are right :)
As now both countries (India and China) have openly admited that they are financing most of the defence projects of Russia it is almost next to impossible that Russians can take U turn from here.
Indian's are financing around 19billion $ new defence projects of Russia and Chinese are doing around 13 billion.
Next thing is that Russia have very large Oil reserve and world highest unexplored Gas and Oil reserves in Siberia this is the only reason why India just sign an energy pact with them So that India would become largest consumer of russians energy reseves with in next decade.
All these financial ties and partnership programmes would help India nd Russia.
Regards,
Abhishek

Originally posted by Sam@Jan 29 2006, 09:06 PM
why only Sino-Pak friend ship why cant we have this type of friend ship with other countries??? you proved my point we need to have good relations with every country and this would bring a lot of benefits to pakistan....
[post=5722]Quoted post[/post]​
You have a point, politically we are on the rise and should have better relations or even alliances with more countries.
But we need to invest more and more in China as the future super power.
Many experts suggest that like US, even China would shift her interest towards India in near future. We certeianly don't want to be left in cold.

Originally posted by A.Rahman@Jan 29 2006, 10:15 PM
even if it means that we abandon our muslim brothers?

no way we will ever support Isreal
[post=5723]Quoted post[/post]​
I don't see the link here, why would we abandon our mulim brothers???
Pakistn will be the future leader of the Islamic world, no one can stop us becoming that.
For the record, we are the only declared nuclear armed country within the Islamic block and there isn't going to be a second for a long time to come.
Islamic countries will always look up to us, regardless of whom we chose to be our ally.
Israel is a different matter.
Unless Palestine is settled, no way Pakistan will recognise Isrel.

Originally posted by A.Rahman@Jan 30 2006, 08:18 AM
F-16's shold be used for now , but try to get off them slowly. and replace it with some other fighter
[post=5751]Quoted post[/post]​
No, I don't fully agree here!
We need those F-16's and we need them now to close the gap.
We're flying obsolete aircraft for christ sake and those Falcons are meant to buffer the gap and the techonolgy to any future fighter.
Even if we had the means to lay our hands to a few Rafales or Typhoons, no way we could purchase them in large number, we surely don't have that kind of money and the process could take 3-5 yrars to get a single batch coz of bizi backlog.

I'd say, go for those Falcons, get even 75-100 birdies and focus on a 5th gen fighter from 2008/9.
By that time our GDP would have grown to $142-150 billion and we can afford to have a few squadrons of 5th gen fighter.
GDP currently stands at $110 billion, by the end of this fiscal year it would hit the $117 billion at current growthrate of 7%. Inshallah!

Originally posted by Bejoy Samuel@Feb 2 2006, 05:16 AM
[post=5823]Quoted post[/post]​
You have a valid point, but politics is self serving my friend.
Pakistan could never persuade Russia to upset India and sell sensitive weapons or technology to us, but since we are a growing economy and a future tiger, Russian can't afford to ignore us.
Pakistan should go for closer economic and trade ties and invest in mutual political interests for the next decade.
You see, Russia is no longer desperate for hard cash from India or China since its own oil and gas industry is fully operational again and it will continue to boom for a long time to come.
Russia is following Indo-American honeymoon with Argus' eyes, and it might ease on Pakistan in near future.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom