What's new

Pakistan vs India : A quantitative comparision

India will definitely move Vikrant towards Pakistan in a war time scene, gaining advantage on one front and loosing on the other. Chinese navy will definitely respond but how and when ? time will tell. At this time you can call it as premature thinking but you never know what time unfolds :)
Any comparison on artillery and Tanks ?
Chinese are good businessmen. They won't go to war because it will affect their economy too and they don't want to slow down their process of catching up to US.

U really think that in war we will keep ourselves restricted to Kashmir...we will strike any where..check 1965...Pakistan underestimated us..we not only defeated u..but in 1971..we broke u..

let me set the record straight

1947-48 war
technically as per the instrument of accession the entire Kashmir belongs to India, from 27 Oct 1947 when the war ended in 1948
it was India who went to the UN where the state of the entire Kashmir was declared a disputed territory & a resolution was adopted for a plebiscite to be hold, the territory was divided between India & Pakistan to which India accepted in spite of the fact that on Oct 1947 the maharajah had signed the instrument of accession thus @ the end of the war Pakistan gained around 35,000 sq mi of territory which included the shshakam valley & siachen back then
thus west Pakistan went on to become from 307,374 sq mi to 342,000 sq mi in size while according to the instrument of accession India lost around 35,000 sq mi of territory accepted Kashmir as a disputed stated agreed on a plebiscite & accepted the ceasefire line clearly it was India who lost land & Pakistan who gained land .

1965 war ended is stalemate with both parties withdrawing their forces to the pre-war positions, "quid pro quo"
result "stalemate" no winner-no looser

1971 war India won Pakistan lost

Zulfiqar class - 2500 ton
ICGS Samar class - 2300 ton

And we don't call it a 'frigate'. Its called an Advansed Offshore Patrol Vehicle. And its not even operated by the IN, but, the Indian coast guard. Even in numbers, PN is supposed to have 4 of these, while the ICGS will have 5 of the Samar class. Not to mention the GSL class which is 2400 tons.

Seriously man. Don't even please try comparing your surface combatants.

OHO my cooku baby surya. Read the thread carefully my little cry baby. as the OP has mentioned that he will compare excluding yr southern and eastern command as he dont think u will be able to deploy a full numbers of yr armed forces against us as u have a chinese n eastern problems with bengalis n NEXELs, MOISTS etc in red corridor.

:woot: So you get the sattelite up in space by a flying carpet?!

No, that's what pak has been trying. We use rockets, like all other countries that have proper space programs do. Pakistan tries magic carpets from Persia, I suppose.

Check out what a rocket is and what a missile is, before coming here and opining about India's space program. Unless you have a masochistic desire to keep making a fool of yourself.

OHO my cooku baby surya. Read the thread carefully my little cry baby. as the OP has mentioned that he will compare excluding yr southern and eastern command as he dont think u will be able to deploy a full numbers of yr armed forces against us as u have a chinese n eastern problems with bengalis n NEXELs, MOISTS etc in red corridor.

Before resorting to name calling, I suggest, you should read where the Southern Command is deployed. Naxals are dealt with by the CRPF. Not the IA.

It helps, reading and knowing things before commenting. Or keeping quiet when one does not know something.

naxals and Maoists are dealt with by policemen, not our army. Our army doesn't do internal policing duties, like yours does. IA is strictly a warfighting force. Naxals are handled by state police forces, and the CRPF.

Comparison ehh. Lemme put up some stats which I know on top my head.

Car production: over 5 million in 2011 vs 169000 in 2011

Economy in PPP: 4.8 trill vs 480 bill

Space missions: over 100 vs NIL

Power producion: 210000 MW with vs 16000MW installed
80000 MW u/c

Economic growth: 6-8% from 9% vs below 3%

Billionares: over 100 vs illegal billionares like nawaz family etc

COups: 0 :( vs 4 :victory:

I guess Pakistanis need to understand how behind they are. India is growing in every field and eventually take position as the top 2 economies in the world. While Pakistan failing and tumbling will keep suffering from bad governance and coups again and again and again.

You should respond in a few other threads, where we are supposedly involved in Balochistan and are funding TTP and what not.

Afghan Taliban is supposedly one of ISI's creation that led to the end of Soviet Union and now turns the backs against NATO and India. Mind you, Pakistan was also supposedly involved in supporting Sri Lanka's fight against the Tamils that India had supported. Point to note -- A proxy used by a country would mean a proxy by another to counter it.

The TTP you speak of, is near being eliminated. No doubt lives are being lost today, but geo strategically speaking, they are in their last days. They have been moved back from Swat to South Waziristan and now even further to North Waziristan. Any sign of terrorism by TTP would mean future military invasion. Its just a matter of time. This last piece of land will be retaken.

Here are neutral opinions on the result of the 1965 war. I guess they are all brainwashed, including the US library of congress.

According to the Library of Congress Country Studies conducted by the Federal Research Division of the United States[76] –
The war was militarily inconclusive; each side held prisoners and some territory belonging to the other. Losses were relatively heavy—on the Pakistani side, twenty aircraft, 200 tanks, and 3,800 troops. Pakistan's army had been able to withstand Indian pressure, but a continuation of the fighting would only have led to further losses and ultimate defeat for Pakistan. Most Pakistanis, schooled in the belief of their own martial prowess, refused to accept the possibility of their country's military defeat by "Hindu India" and were, instead, quick to blame their failure to attain their military aims on what they considered to be the ineptitude of Ayub Khan and his government.

TIME magazine reported that India held 690 mi2 of Pakistan territory while Pakistan held 250 mi2 of Indian territory in Kashmir and Rajasthan. Additionally, Pakistan had lost almost half its armour temporarily.[77] The article further elaborates,
Severely mauled by the larger Indian armed forces, Pakistan could continue the fight only by teaming up with Red China and turning its back on the U.N.

Devin T. Hagerty wrote in his book "South Asia in world politics"[78] –
The invading Indian forces outfought their Pakistani counterparts and halted their attack on the outskirts of Lahore, Pakistan's second-largest city. By the time United Nations intervened on September 22, Pakistan had suffered a clear defeat.

In his book "National identity and geopolitical visions",[79] Gertjan Dijkink writes –
The superior Indian forces, however, won a decisive victory and the army could have even marched on into Pakistani territory had external pressure not forced both combatants to cease their war efforts.

An excerpt from Stanley Wolpert's India,[80] summarizing the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965,
In three weeks the second Indo-Pak War ended in what appeared to be a draw when the embargo placed by Washington on U.S. ammunition and replacements for both armies forced cessation of conflict before either side won a clear victory. India, however, was in a position to inflict grave damage to, if not capture, Pakistan's capital of the Punjab when the cease-fire was called, and controlled Kashmir's strategic Uri-Poonch bulge, much to Ayub's chagrin.

In his book titled The greater game: India's race with destiny and China, David Van Praagh wrote[7] –
India won the war. It gained 1,840 km2 (710 sq mi) of Pakistani territory: 640 km2 (250 sq mi) in Azad Kashmir, Pakistan's portion of the state; 460 km2 (180 sq mi) of the Sailkot sector; 380 km2 (150 sq mi) far to the south of Sindh; and most critical, 360 km2 (140 sq mi) on the Lahore front. Pakistan took 540 km2 (210 sq mi) of Indian territory: 490 km2 (190 sq mi) in the Chhamb sector and 50 km2 (19 sq mi) around Khem Karan.

Dennis Kux's "India and the United States estranged democracies" also provides a summary of the war,[81]
Although both sides lost heavily in men and material, and neither gained a decisive military advantage, India had the better of the war. New Delhi achieved its basic goal of thwarting Pakistan's attempt to seize Kashmir by force. Pakistan gained nothing from a conflict which it had instigated.

BBC reported that the war served game changer in Pakistani politics,[82]
The defeat in the 1965 war led to the army's invincibility being challenged by an increasingly vocal opposition. This became a surge after his protege, Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, deserted him and established the Pakistan People's Party.

"A region in turmoil: South Asian conflicts since 1947" by Robert Johnson mentions[8] –
India's strategic aims were modest – it aimed to deny Pakistani Army victory, although it ended up in possession of 720 square miles (1,900 km2) of Pakistani territory for the loss of just 220 square miles (570 km2) of its own.

An excerpt from William M. Carpenter and David G. Wiencek's "Asian security handbook: terrorism and the new security environment"[83] –
A brief but furious 1965 war with India began with a covert Pakistani thrust across the Kashmiri cease-fire line and ended up with the city of Lahore threatened with encirclement by Indian Army. Another UN-sponsored cease-fire left borders unchanged, but Pakistan's vulnerability had again been exposed.

English historian John Keay's "India: A History" provides a summary of the 1965 war[84] –
The 1965 Indo-Pak war lasted barely a month. Pakistan made gains in the Rajasthan desert but its main push against India's Jammu-Srinagar road link was repulsed and Indian tanks advanced to within a sight of Lahore. Both sides claimed victory but India had most to celebrate.

Uk Heo and Shale Asher Horowitz write in their book "Conflict in Asia: Korea, China-Taiwan, and India-Pakistan"[85] –
Again India appeared, logistically at least, to be in a superior position but neither side was able to mobilize enough strength to gain a decisive victory.

Newsweek magazine, however, praised the Pakistani military's ability to hold of the much larger Indian Army.[86]
By just the end of the week, in fact, it was clear that the Pakistanis were more than holding their own.

Now what do you think, India and the rest of the world are brainwashed? Or maybe, just maybe, it is Pakistanis who are brainwashed about history? This is why you shouldn't always learn history only from your mama.
Wikipedia:rofl:

What fool this guy is he just copy n pasting the info in wikipedia:rofl:

Now how funny is that!!!!!!!!

Comparison ehh. Lemme put up some stats which I know on top my head.

Car production: over 5 million in 2011 vs 169000 in 2011
Economy in PPP 4.8 trill vs 480 bill
Space missions over 100 vs NIL
Power producion 210000 MW with vs 16000MW installed
80000 MW u/c
Economic growth 6-8% from 9% vs below 3%

I guess Pakistanis need to understand how behind they are. India is growing in every field and eventually take position as the top 2 economies in the world. While Pakistan failing and tumbling will keep suffering from bad governance and coups again and again and again.

Top 2 is doubtful. Top 4 or 5 is very likely in most of our lifetimes.

Wikipedia:rofl:

What fool this guy is he just copy n pasting the info in wikipedia:rofl:

Now how funny is that!!!!!!!!

Yes, very expected response.

Every sentence there is mentioned with the original source. Links are also given in the relevant Wikipedia page. Denial can only get you so far.

@karan21

Poverty - Pakistan = 30% India = 70%

Per capita = 35% of Pakistanis earn below $2.00 a day, 85% of Indians earn below $2.00

Currency - PKR = stable INR = junk status

Electricity - 80% of houses in pakistan get electricity, even through loadshedding, Only 1/3 houses get electricity in India

I can go on and on

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 2 is doubtful. Top 4 or 5 is very likely in most of our lifetimes.

Lol how old are you my frnd???? India will be 5th largest in next 3-4 yrs after us, CHina, Japan and germany.

Even if India grows by 7% over next 2 decades it will over all others except america and China. We are at the tipping point right now. India might not be no1 but will be no2 in our lifetime.

:woot: So you get the sattelite up in space by a flying carpet?!

No no. Flying carpet is a problem since Aladdin is not around. He is demanding too much money. So we sit in a circle and do power yoga. Raaket goes up automatically.:flame:

Back
Top Bottom