What's new

Pakistan vs India : A quantitative comparision

@karan21

Poverty - Pakistan = 30% India = 70%

Per capita = 35% of Pakistanis earn below $2.00 a day, 85% of Indians earn below $2.00

Currency - PKR = stable INR = junk status

Electricity - 80% of houses in pakistan get electricity, even through loadshedding, Only 1/3 houses get electricity in India

I can go on and on

Instead of going on and on, mind sharing your sources for the statistics you already gave? 94.23% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
@karan21

Per capita = 35% of Pakistanis earn below $2.00 a day, 85% of Indians earn below $2.00

Electricity - 80% of houses in pakistan get electricity, even through loadshedding, Only 1/3 houses get electricity in India

I can go on and on
Ahhaha So you mean a country which can't even produce a car and has the most corrupt politicians in the world is somehow able to have a greater living standard. Bro you joke too much.

These are all Indian army formations excluding the eastern and southern command.

Northern Command

XIV CORPS
3rd infantry division
8th mountain division
artillery brigade

XV CORPS
19th infantry division
28th mountain division
artillery brigade

XVI CORPS
10th infantry division
25th infantry division
39th infantry division
armoured brigade
artillery brigade

South-Westren Command

I CORPS
42 artillery division
4th rapid (division)
6th mountain division
33rd armoured division
engineering brigade

X CORPS
16th infantry division
18th rapid (division)
24th rapid (division)
6th armoured brigade
air defence brigade
engirneering brigade

Western command

II CORPS
1st armoured division
14th rapid (division)
22nd infantry division
air defence brigade
engirneering brigade

IX CORPS
26th infantry division
29th infantry division
2nd armoured brigade
3rd armoured brigade

XI CORPS
7th infantry division
9th infantry division
15th infantry division
23rd armoured brigade
55th mechanised brigade

Infantry divisions: 19
Armoured division: 2
Artillery divisions: 1

Infantry brigade: 1
Armoured brigade: 5
Artillery brigade: 3
Engineering brigade: 3
Air defence brigade: 2

Formations of pakistan army

I Corps
6th Armoured Division
17th Infantry Division
37th Infantry Division
Armoured Brigade
Air Defense Brigade
Artillery Brigade
Infantry Brigade

II Corps
1st Armoured Division
14th Infantry Division
40th Infantry Division
Armoured Brigade
Air Defense Brigade
Artillery Brigade
Infantry Brigade

IV Corps
2nd Artillery Division
10th Infantry Division
11th Infantry Division
Armoured Brigade
Infantry Brigade
Artillery Brigade

XXX Corps
8th Infantry Division
15th Infantry Division
Armoured Brigade
Anti-Tank Brigade
Artillery Brigade

XXXI Corps
26th Mechanised Division
35th Infantry Division
Armoured Brigade
Infantry Brigade

V Corps
16th Infantry Division
18th Infantry Division
25th Mechanised Division
31st Mechanised Brigade
2nd Armoured Brigade
Armoured Brigade
Artillery Brigade

X Corps
12th Infantry Division
19th Infantry Division
23rd Infantry Division
Force Command Northern Areas (5 brigades)
111th Infantry Brigade
8th Armoured Brigade
Artillery Brigade

XI Corps
7th Infantry Division
9th Infantry Division
Armoured Brigade

XII Corps
33rd Infantry Division
41st Infantry Division
Infantry Brigade
Armoured Brigade
Artillery Division

Army Air Defence Command
3rd Air Defence Division
4th Air Defence Division

Infantry division: 20
Armoured division: 2
Artillery division: 2
Air defence division: 2

Infantry brigade: 12
Armoured brigade: 10
Artilley brigade: 6
Air defence brigade: 2
Anti-tank brigade: 1

Conclusion: India does not enjoy a remarkable superiority over pakistan as far as land warfare is concerned. Given this data, India cannot defeat pakistan in a quick campaign. it has the only advantage of greater resources which can be utillised in a long drawn out war.

but Unfortunately India have air and water superiority over Pak. what will pak do about that

Lol how old are you my frnd???? India will be 5th largest in next 3-4 yrs after us, CHina, Japan and germany.

Even if India grows by 7% over next 2 decades it will over all others except america and China. We are at the tipping point right now. India might not be no1 but will be no2 in our lifetime.

You may be talking of GDP PPP. But note that the PPP of a nation changes as it grows richer. Going by absolute terms, it is unlikely that we would make it to top 2 or even 3 any time soon.

Anyway it doesn't matter, comparisons are not what matter. We do what is good for us, and leave losers behind. Not naming any names.

Before resorting to name calling, I suggest, you should read where the Southern Command is deployed. Naxals are dealt with by the CRPF. Not the IA.

It helps, reading and knowing things before commenting. Or keeping quiet when one does not know something.

ok but u know im not exactly a planner of the indian forces here so its obvious that my knowledge of yr forces deployment will be weak n i dont care about it either.
we only care in what we r doing in our country n how much our armed forces r prepared for such an adventurism by u.

All i was saying by just reading the thread n i was staying in the line of the topic in hand.

But if u think u know who is deployed where then tell this to OP n tell the place too where it actually is deployed.

but Unfortunately India have air and water superiority over Pak. what will pak do about that
read what OP has to say in the bolded n underlined part of his conclusion shown just below.
If u still dont get satisfied then....Go cry to yr mamma.

Conclusion: India does not enjoy a remarkable superiority over pakistan as far as land warfare is concerned. Given this data, India cannot defeat pakistan in a quick campaign. it has the only advantage of greater resources which can be utillised in a long drawn out war.

@karan21

I can go on and on

More people in India have been brought out of poverty in last 10 years in Indian and counting than the complete poverty population of Pakistan. In a matter of 4 years it is predicted that poverty will be at 22% of the population. That should tell you something, about the scale of transformation happening. There are programs, which I have been part of, for bring social welfare to the masses when I was in college. A small example in focus today being polio. These are funded by the Govt, but, driven by colleges across the country.

For power generation, it is a problem, But remember we are now the fifth largest installed power capacity in the world. And growing rapidly. The issue is that we are also the second biggest from a population perspective. But, the power situation is changing real fast. With the nuclear reactors in the South coming online in 2 years, that is going to be really something. I can go on about this, but not right thread.

There have been mistakes made in the past, but, my generation is now working towards making this country an economic super power. And we will make this happen.

naxals and Maoists are dealt with by policemen, not our army. Our army doesn't do internal policing duties, like yours does. IA is strictly a warfighting force. Naxals are handled by state police forces, and the CRPF.

Then what r yr 4 army divisions doing in the East???

n yr 8 army in NEFA with China.

So that r these 4 army divisions r doing in East???

Maybe u dont know yr own army figures.

India has neither. PAF's first shot capability and ability to achieve mission kills gives it the edge. While as far as Navy is concerned, few would contest that Pakistan has the advantage of strategic orientation.

Then what r yr 4 army divisions doing in the East???

n yr 8 army in NEFA with China.

So that r these 4 army divisions r doing in East???

Maybe u dont know yr own army figures.

Guarding our eastern border with China. Not fighting naxals or Maoists. Naxals and Maoists mostly operate in central India, not the east. Jharkand, Maharashtra, Orissa, earlier Andhra and kerala in the south.

I don't know much about my army's deployments, but I do know that they don't do internal police work, or fight our own people, like yours does.

Here are neutral opinions on the result of the 1965 war. I guess they are all brainwashed, including the US library of congress.

According to the Library of Congress Country Studies conducted by the Federal Research Division of the United States[76] –
The war was militarily inconclusive; each side held prisoners and some territory belonging to the other. Losses were relatively heavy—on the Pakistani side, twenty aircraft, 200 tanks, and 3,800 troops. Pakistan's army had been able to withstand Indian pressure, but a continuation of the fighting would only have led to further losses and ultimate defeat for Pakistan. Most Pakistanis, schooled in the belief of their own martial prowess, refused to accept the possibility of their country's military defeat by "Hindu India" and were, instead, quick to blame their failure to attain their military aims on what they considered to be the ineptitude of Ayub Khan and his government.

TIME magazine reported that India held 690 mi2 of Pakistan territory while Pakistan held 250 mi2 of Indian territory in Kashmir and Rajasthan. Additionally, Pakistan had lost almost half its armour temporarily.[77] The article further elaborates,
Severely mauled by the larger Indian armed forces, Pakistan could continue the fight only by teaming up with Red China and turning its back on the U.N.

Devin T. Hagerty wrote in his book "South Asia in world politics"[78] –
The invading Indian forces outfought their Pakistani counterparts and halted their attack on the outskirts of Lahore, Pakistan's second-largest city. By the time United Nations intervened on September 22, Pakistan had suffered a clear defeat.

In his book "National identity and geopolitical visions",[79] Gertjan Dijkink writes –
The superior Indian forces, however, won a decisive victory and the army could have even marched on into Pakistani territory had external pressure not forced both combatants to cease their war efforts.

An excerpt from Stanley Wolpert's India,[80] summarizing the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965,
In three weeks the second Indo-Pak War ended in what appeared to be a draw when the embargo placed by Washington on U.S. ammunition and replacements for both armies forced cessation of conflict before either side won a clear victory. India, however, was in a position to inflict grave damage to, if not capture, Pakistan's capital of the Punjab when the cease-fire was called, and controlled Kashmir's strategic Uri-Poonch bulge, much to Ayub's chagrin.

In his book titled The greater game: India's race with destiny and China, David Van Praagh wrote[7] –
India won the war. It gained 1,840 km2 (710 sq mi) of Pakistani territory: 640 km2 (250 sq mi) in Azad Kashmir, Pakistan's portion of the state; 460 km2 (180 sq mi) of the Sailkot sector; 380 km2 (150 sq mi) far to the south of Sindh; and most critical, 360 km2 (140 sq mi) on the Lahore front. Pakistan took 540 km2 (210 sq mi) of Indian territory: 490 km2 (190 sq mi) in the Chhamb sector and 50 km2 (19 sq mi) around Khem Karan.

Dennis Kux's "India and the United States estranged democracies" also provides a summary of the war,[81]
Although both sides lost heavily in men and material, and neither gained a decisive military advantage, India had the better of the war. New Delhi achieved its basic goal of thwarting Pakistan's attempt to seize Kashmir by force. Pakistan gained nothing from a conflict which it had instigated.

BBC reported that the war served game changer in Pakistani politics,[82]
The defeat in the 1965 war led to the army's invincibility being challenged by an increasingly vocal opposition. This became a surge after his protege, Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, deserted him and established the Pakistan People's Party.

"A region in turmoil: South Asian conflicts since 1947" by Robert Johnson mentions[8] –
India's strategic aims were modest – it aimed to deny Pakistani Army victory, although it ended up in possession of 720 square miles (1,900 km2) of Pakistani territory for the loss of just 220 square miles (570 km2) of its own.

An excerpt from William M. Carpenter and David G. Wiencek's "Asian security handbook: terrorism and the new security environment"[83] –
A brief but furious 1965 war with India began with a covert Pakistani thrust across the Kashmiri cease-fire line and ended up with the city of Lahore threatened with encirclement by Indian Army. Another UN-sponsored cease-fire left borders unchanged, but Pakistan's vulnerability had again been exposed.

English historian John Keay's "India: A History" provides a summary of the 1965 war[84] –
The 1965 Indo-Pak war lasted barely a month. Pakistan made gains in the Rajasthan desert but its main push against India's Jammu-Srinagar road link was repulsed and Indian tanks advanced to within a sight of Lahore. Both sides claimed victory but India had most to celebrate.

Uk Heo and Shale Asher Horowitz write in their book "Conflict in Asia: Korea, China-Taiwan, and India-Pakistan"[85] –
Again India appeared, logistically at least, to be in a superior position but neither side was able to mobilize enough strength to gain a decisive victory.

Newsweek magazine, however, praised the Pakistani military's ability to hold of the much larger Indian Army.[86]
By just the end of the week, in fact, it was clear that the Pakistanis were more than holding their own.

Now what do you think, India and the rest of the world are brainwashed? Or maybe, just maybe, it is Pakistanis who are brainwashed about history? This is why you shouldn't always learn history only from your mama.

wikipedia copy past:lol:

Oh please even the sources r the same that r mentioned in wikipedia to justify the indian victory falsely.

India has neither. PAF's first shot capability and ability to achieve mission kills gives it the edge. While as far as Navy is concerned, few would contest that Pakistan has the advantage of strategic orientation.

Umm...PAF's what? What's this magical "first shot capability" that PAF has and India doesn't?

Back
Top Bottom