What's new

Pakistan will get New Air Defence system within this Year - CAS on ARY News .

Emphasis is on "new", so unlikely more F-16s and TPS-77s, as these are not considered "new" by PAF or even Pak public.

Unsure what it could be from US, my guess is certainly Chinese or European. Russian out for sure.

No Russian hightech system CAATSA

You're absolutely right. CAATSA is also why i doubt the S-400 will appear in the region. But I just wanted to put the option of S-350 Vityaz there on the first page because imo it is the best SAM available to Pakistan (there is no way the US would release any of the Patriot/SM series). The next best option would be CAMM-ER. The Turkish SIPER would be the other great option, but it will not be ready for a few years.

The HQ-9 may have range, but there is no indication the chinese have developed for it any interceptor which which compares to the performance of the 9M96E2 missiles of the S-350.

We have JY-27A installed (i am not sure about numbers) so it is logical to obtain a long range sam system to effectively use that radar. Tipu has indicated that we are getting a radar from US as well. The question would remain that if another radar is coming then LR SAMs induction will be on cards as well.
I also believe that IFF US agrees to upgrade our vipers it would be V kits for 18 block 52 jets only.

By that time world would have moved on from the 5th to 6th generation and beyond. Considering the march of the technology as its improving every 2 years plus there is already research going on into the 6th generation. We need to improve our economy, education, invest into R&D, infrastructure and export oriented industries so instead of setting goal for 2047 it should be middle or end of 2030's era. We don't need that lame excuse again that we couldn't shoot down 6 more Indian air force planes because our economy was weak and guess what Modi got more bold and went ahead and implemented article 370 and we sat on our backside and couldn't do a thing.

By 2047 doesn't mean that first 5th generation plane will be inducted infact by that timeline PAF will be fully converted into NG Airforce. So its more likely that we can have our first next generation fighter plane by late 2030's through Project Azm and ofcourse it will take atleast 10 more years for 7-8 squads to be completely integrated with 5th generation technology (not just the plane).

Just recently, Azeris have showed how vulnerable AIR DEFENSE systems are

No?

They with their drones wrecked havoc on Armenian ground troops and installations.

Never got the idea of Air defense system.

Powerful EW can deceive it as well....

Anyways, planners may know best.

So are all aerial assets to a better equipped air force.

A strong country and its ground and air defenses work side by side. Air defenses on their own will be sitting ducks just like flying aircraft in own terriotry without backup from ground defenses.

You're absolutely right. CAATSA is also why i doubt the S-400 will appear in the region. But I just wanted to put the option of S-350 Vityaz there on the first page because imo it is the best SAM available to Pakistan (there is no way the US would release any of the Patriot/SM series). The next best option would be CAMM-ER. The Turkish SIPER would be the other great option, but it will not be ready for a few years.

The HQ-9 may have range, but there is no indication the chinese have developed for it any interceptor which which compares to the performance of the 9M96E2 missiles of the S-350.
it'll be the HQ9. don't forget, China has been operating the S400s for a couple of years now & we all know that the Chinese have a bad habit of reverse engineering & improving what they reverse engineer.

News Report says Three important points .
AIR Chief mentioned
1: Pakistan will get New Air Defence system this year (Most Likely it would be HQ-B/C)
2: Pakistan is thinking to buy new Fighter Jet (Most probably J 10 C)
3: Pakistan will soon introduce J F 17 Block 3 (Already in production, we will see them soon by June Insha Allah)

Happy to hear these development

Regards

I thought we already have TPS-77 no? Plus there is something interesting about HQ-9 is that it also has a variant that can intercept Ballistic missiles, Like THAAD so maybe Pakistan is thinking towards going that way but then I also remember the rumors about Pantsir-S1, remember one time PA showed Pantsir S1 in one of their banners, so that might be it as well, as for new Planes it would be either J-10C or F-16's from the US, only time will tell.

Personally, I would prefer to see HQ-9's and F-16's BlK70/V in PAF cause it creates a balance between Eastern and Western Technology which Previous ACM hinted at as well.

News Report says Three important points .
AIR Chief mentioned
1: Pakistan will get New Air Defence system this year (Most Likely it would be HQ-B/C)
2: Pakistan is thinking to buy new Fighter Jet (Most probably J 10 C)
3: Pakistan will soon introduce J F 17 Block 3 (Already in production, we will see them soon by June Insha Allah)

Happy to hear these development

Regards

we are reading into it, Pakistan will get new ADS this year gives an idea of inducting within this year which mean talks of acquisition and the whole process is already done and it is in the phase of soon to be inducted.

well those talks and deal and the whole process takes considerable time, who the potential supplier can be if we look back at that particular period which may be a year or much more?

given the circumstances with US previous two years does it bear the logic?

Emphasis is on "new", so unlikely more F-16s and TPS-77s, as these are not considered "new" by PAF or even Pak public.

Unsure what it could be from US, my guess is certainly Chinese or European. Russian out for sure.
we are reading into it, Pakistan will get new ADS this year gives an idea of inducting within this year which mean talks of acquisition and the whole process is already done and it is in the phase of soon to be inducted.

well those talks and deal and the whole process takes considerable time, who the potential supplier can be if we look back at that particular period which may be a year or much more?

given the circumstances with US previous two years does it bear the logic?

Actually under last 2 years of Trump the relationship had improved considerably

Actually under last 2 years of Trump the relationship had improved considerably

well yes in the light of same i raised the question hence backing @Tipu7

well yes in the light of same i raised the question hence backing @Tipu7

I am just unsure what "new" thing we can get from US. Surely ACM would not catagorise extra F-16s as "new", neither would the average Pakistani

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom