What's new

Pakistan will launch a two-seater version of JF-17 - Induction of JF-17B in 2017

Better copy this design .....
FA-50-test-flight-KAI-01-692x360.jpg

Any plans for PAF to use the JF-17B as a dedicated EW platform?

Is it another serial of A,B,C or the sequence of block 1,2,3?

Hello Every one ,Since Jf17B is going to be new addition to Thunder club shortly i thought of creating this thread for discussions potentials related to this plane .If mod agreed he can make it a fixed thread .

-What's new is coming in dual-seat JF-17 Thunder?

The only significant change to the aircraft apart from the extra seat is a dorsal fin that contains an additional fuel tank. This means the JF-17B’s fuel load is comparable to the single seater ( reported by flightglobal.com )
-An official with the programme confirms that the variant will be designated JF-17B. It is being developed in response to customer requirements for a combat-capable trainer variant of the aircraft.
“There is no loss in combat capability with the addition of the extra seat,” says the official.
A defense official working on the JF-17B program emphasized that there will be “no loss in combat capability with the addition of the extra seat.” Chinese and Pakistani representatives familiar with the JF-17N program have repeatedly said that a two-seat variant of the aircraft is under development. The first flight of the two-seat variant is planned for the end of 2016. The PAF plans to induct the first JF-17B in April 2017.

13124555_1216853125006646_450569678224911925_n.jpg

Possible shapes could be from the images circulated on net .
1. My Fav
193_173460_787554.jpg

193_173462_128169.jpg

PAF project director has claimed that JFT-B will be for export purposes because PAF is very happy with simulator and single seater training methods. More over he said that JFT B will only be for training purposes and will have same combat capability as single seater.

Any dedicated strike platform like f16D is not in in focus for now.

Judging from the model of JF-17B it doesn't seem to be the dual seat variant of block 2. I think it would a dual seat variant of block 3 and I think it wouldn't arrive before 2018. What are your thoughts on it @The Eagle @Quwa ?

@Windjammer @ACE OF THE AIR @The Eagle
will F-17B full fill the gap of LIFT/advanced trainer? or they are still needed after F-17B?
The -17B is ideally meant for Thunder conversions, although after the T-37 and K-8 course, there was a need for a LIFT, however until it's inducted , it's early to assume what other role the -17B can fulfil.

Back
Top Bottom