What's new

Pakistan would become among top ten economies at its 100th anniversary: Ahsan Iqbal

I am building my own home on moon on my 50th birthday.

:rolleyes:

Google search can provide you 10 more sites

India Replaces Japan As World's 3rd Largest Economy

Finalaya News - India replaces Japan to become world's third-largest economy in terms of PPP

India displaces Japan to become 3rd largest world economy in terms of PPP: World Bank - Indian Radios | Indian Radios

Notice that all of them are published on 30th april while the ICP world bank GDP PPP's publishing date is 29th april

All of them are quoting 5.7Trillion GDP as the World bank ICP report

23jjv9c.jpg

Hey, how did Pakistan's economy jumped from near $500 billion to $788 billion in just one to two years---despite our pathetic growth rate?

Can you clarify this seemingly illogical reality?

Google search can provide you 10 more sites

India Replaces Japan As World's 3rd Largest Economy

Finalaya News - India replaces Japan to become world's third-largest economy in terms of PPP

India displaces Japan to become 3rd largest world economy in terms of PPP: World Bank - Indian Radios | Indian Radios

Notice that all of them are published on 30th april while the ICP world bank GDP PPP's publishing date is 29th april

All of them are quoting 5.7Trillion GDP as the World bank ICP report
I understand that...

But I am not even sure about the credibility of the above sources.. and also what I meant to say is, no news agency reported on television or the website of major media groups. The estimates of each financial institutes are often very similar.. and IMF and other banks still need to update the figure. On top of that, Pakistan did not grow by up to 40% where it suddenly post a figure of 788 billion dollars from 450-490. When the economy is already growing slowly, it is hard to digest.

Hey, how did Pakistan's economy jumped from near $500 billion to $788 billion in just one to two years---despite our pathetic growth rate?

That's exactly i meant to say

Economy in 2012 is 490 and now you have updated figure of 2011 (one year earlier) - claiming it to be 788 billion dollars. If that was only few billion dollars gap, it was understandable but a sudden swift in the economy cannot be accepted without a valid argument

I am building my own home on moon on my 50th birthday.

:rolleyes:

Ask world bank not me.

Beside this Pakistan GDP PPP was close to 600years last year.

These are inflation boosted numbers.Check out indian GDP growth rate from 2000-2007,Despite only 7-8% real GDP growth rate,their GDP in numbers increased by more than 15%

Ask world bank not me.

Beside this Pakistan GDP PPP was close to 600years last year.

These are inflation boosted numbers.Check out indian GDP growth rate from 2000-2007,Despite only 7-8% real GDP growth rate,their GDP in numbers increased by more than 15%

Give me a world bank official source that says Pakistan economy to be $788 billion? and I'll ask them.

I understand that...

But I am not even sure about the credibility of the above sources.. and also what I meant to say is, no news agency reported on television or the website of major media groups. The estimates of each financial institutes are often very similar.. and IMF and other banks still need to update the figure. On top of that, Pakistan did not grow by up to 40% where it suddenly post a figure of 788 billion dollars from 450-490. When the economy is already growing slowly, it is hard to digest.

inflation boosted numbers.

Open Google Trends of either IMF or World bank

Check out Indian GDP Growth rate and numbers change between 2000-2007 or particularly in 2002-03.

These are inflation boosted numbers.just look at iran or saudi arabia.They were 800Billion dollars and now more than 1300billion dollars

Give me a world bank official source that says Pakistan economy to be $788 billion? and I'll ask them.

The source is only 5 days old

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/...the-2011-International-Comparison-Program.pdf

or follow this thread for further detail

World Bank ICP 2011: Pakistan's GDP $788 Billion, Per Capita $4,450

Anyway you can ask WOrld bak Pakistan facebook page.they will confirm it for you.

beside this,again a question session is expected later this month.When i will get the date.I will post it here.You can ask jose calix on facebook for confirmation

i have requested him to provide me with 2014 GDP PPP figure of Pakistan if available of atleast 2013

inflation boosted numbers.

Open Google Trends of either IMF or World bank

Check out Indian GDP Growth rate and numbers change between 2000-2007 or particularly in 2002-03.

These are inflation boosted numbers.just look at iran or saudi arabia.They were 800Billion dollars and now more than 1300billion dollars

I understand it very well. But it is impossible to believe unless proven incorrect by the official sites of World Bank in the on-going news mentioning the same figure or IMF too updated her estimates similar to World bank. You don't progress from 490 to 788 billion dollars in a matter of months, period

Regarding Iran and Saudi Arabia. They are oil driven economies, the whole world doomed during the recession while they were busy counting dollars thanks to the highly overvalued crude oil at that time. Every nation selling oil at that time was posting huge growth rate.

its not his words, its one of the British Economist (cant remember his name), the one who had previously coined the BRIC term, predicts Pakistan will leaving Germany behind by 2050 and be no 8 economy in the world.
Then that guy may be smoking something wrong :p:

IMF mention 600Billion GDP PPP dollars for 2014

But it also mention only 5.0Trillion dollars GDP PPP for India

I understand it very well. But it is impossible to believe unless proven incorrect by the official sites of World Bank in the on-going news mentioning the same figure or IMF too updated her estimates similar to World bank. You don't progress from 490 to 788 billion dollars in a matter of months, period

Regarding Iran and Saudi Arabia. They are oil driven economies, the whole world doomed during the recession while they were busy counting dollars thanks to the highly overvalued crude oil at that time. Every nation selling oil at that time was posting huge growth rate.

PDF file farhan_9909 posted is direct from World Bank website, how much official it can get? They will update website in coming days.

Farhan did you receive any response from WB facebook regarding estimate of Pakistan PPP as of 2014?

Lies said with such proudness. Not even ashamed to say lies.

what revival of economy... loans, loans and loans.. that's it!!! PMLN is taking loans to create a bubble of having foreign exchnage in exchequer.. nothing else.. tell me how many industries have been revived.. what is the progress on Auto industry.. have Honda and Toyota started manufacturing all the parts in Pakistan as per their agreement... has the textile industry started shifting back to Pakistan from Bangladesh and Malaysia? How about IT industry? what is cement industry doing? what we see is that Dollar went up and now is at the same or slightly up position where PPP left.. electricity tariff is increased.. mobile phone cards taxes are huge.. there is around 118 hours load shedding in cities like Lahore and Karachi.. political turmoil is there.. on the streets there is chaos.. and PMLN is ranting.. Oh we are going to be in the top ten economies.. Bullshit..

Why are you assuming that the ranking of economy will be in proportion to the population/landmass? o_O

For example, US the Number 1 economy is 16.8 Trillion USD, And Netherlands (Currently ranked 18th) is a 800 Billion dollar economy, a mere 5% the size of the top ranked economy.

Ranking is relative, it doesn't say anything about the size of the economy for you to reach to that conclusion!

Ok, wow. I am so disappointed in your post for sure. You've clearly missed everything I've said. But yet, you couldn't let go of the opportunity to argue back when the issue is about Pakistan's growth. How about you re-read my post about three times out loud. Then read your post above....and something tells me you'll get your answer. I think you sound like a smart guy......may be too smart?? Remember, too smart people miss most common sense related points as their genius brains are trying to over complicate everything they see, hear or speak of

Wow, you don't understand simple arithmetic or the definition o population density.... good going genius

Bro, I thought all genius's existed in India, the alien mother ship that brought the first human to the planet earth....also came to India. The United States and the UK and Europe....were ALL parts of India before humans existed. So my apologies if I am not from India or don't sound as smart. But the reality is, you are speaking from both sides of your mouth because you are biased towards Pakistan and you don't want to take it easily. What I said, had NOTHING to do with arithmetic or science. I didn't try to build a usable space shuttle. I simply said, a bigger family will have more expenses as they have to feed more people. A smaller family will have less expensive. So it'd be cheaper to provide a better lifestyle to the smaller family with less money than a much larger family with more money across a larger geographic area. Sorry, this sounds really simple and not genius. I am not that smart. I do have some common sense though.
Btw, I don't have anything against India or Indians. I just came home after having dinner with a deer friend who is from India. I do have issues with people in this case some people like you, who can't argue or discuss without bias against your neighbor. May be its time we all have factual discussions and not stuff because its in favor of Pakistan and you can't digest it?

what revival of economy... loans, loans and loans.. that's it!!! PMLN is taking loans to create a bubble of having foreign exchnage in exchequer.. nothing else.. tell me how many industries have been revived.. what is the progress on Auto industry.. have Honda and Toyota started manufacturing all the parts in Pakistan as per their agreement... has the textile industry started shifting back to Pakistan from Bangladesh and Malaysia? How about IT industry? what is cement industry doing? what we see is that Dollar went up and now is at the same or slightly up position where PPP left.. electricity tariff is increased.. mobile phone cards taxes are huge.. there is around 118 hours load shedding in cities like Lahore and Karachi.. political turmoil is there.. on the streets there is chaos.. and PMLN is ranting.. Oh we are going to be in the top ten economies.. Bullshit..

You think the mess you are in for two decades will be fixed in two years? Remain democratic and use your right to vote. For God's sake, pick people that would actually work instead of your personal biases. Trust me, educated business minded people will take your country forward. You got to be patient, democratic and learn to put your personal bias away.

Last edited:
You think the mess you are in for two decades will be fixed in two years? Remain democratic and use your right to vote. For God's sake, pick people that would actually work instead of your personal biases. Trust me, educated business minded people will take your country forward. You got to be patient, democratic and learn to put your personal bias away.

Business minded people can never ever take the country forward!.. I am not sure how do you draw this inference.. but fact is that now the government is in the hands of businessmen came up with rigged elections.. & what we have seen is only loans getting piled up .. nothing else.. there is not a single glimpse of industry's boom..

Bro, I thought all genius's existed in India, the alien mother ship that brought the first human to the planet earth....also came to India. The United States and the UK and Europe....were ALL parts of India before humans existed. So my apologies if I am not from India or don't sound as smart. But the reality is, you are speaking from both sides of your mouth because you are biased towards Pakistan and you don't want to take it easily. What I said, had NOTHING to do with arithmetic or science. I didn't try to build a usable space shuttle. I simply said, a bigger family will have more expenses as they have to feed more people. A smaller family will have less expensive. So it'd be cheaper to provide a better lifestyle to the smaller family with less money than a much larger family with more money across a larger geographic area. Sorry, this sounds really simple and not genius. I am not that smart. I do have some common sense though.
Btw, I don't have anything against India or Indians. I just came home after having dinner with a deer friend who is from India. I do have issues with people in this case some people like you, who can't argue or discuss without bias against your neighbor. May be its time we all have factual discussions and not stuff because its in favor of Pakistan and you can't digest it?

One: you made an incorrect statement to take the readers off track as usual. China's population density isn't HALF of Pakistan.It is FOUR times more than of Pakistan,

The above is what you posted.... do the math (if capable) and tell me if the above is correct. I have posted area and population of both states. If you further want to embarrass yourself then please do carry on.

As far as common sense is concerned, you have demonstrated this amply on this thread, and any other sensible reader will see exactly what is going on.

I said a very very simple thing.
a smaller population with smaller budget has certain capability to spend on it's population based on one very simple fact: money to population ratio.

A larger nation say like china, which has much more money to spend on it's population would be able to spend more money on it's population despite it's size because of it's massive GDP.

Now if you cannot get a concept as simple as this through your thick skull, then you have other problems to worry about....

As far as issues with Indians are concerned , your hate filled retorts and bigotry are very well documented on the forum, please carry on similar conversation on your dinner table with you "Indian" friend, and find out what Indian nationalism is all about first hand...

Last edited:
Ok, wow. I am so disappointed in your post for sure. You've clearly missed everything I've said. But yet, you couldn't let go of the opportunity to argue back when the issue is about Pakistan's growth. How about you re-read my post about three times out loud. Then read your post above....and something tells me you'll get your answer. I think you sound like a smart guy......may be too smart?? Remember, too smart people miss most common sense related points as their genius brains are trying to over complicate everything they see, hear or speak of

All those words but you said nothing to counter my point! It has got nothing to do with Pakistan or me being Indian, so please avoid ad hominem attacks and focus.

Ranking of an economy doesn't say anything about the size of the economy! How does one reach to the conclusion that an 18th Rank Pakistan will be better off in terms of per capita, than a 1st place China or 2nd Place India, when you don't even know the actual size of the economy? As I said ranking of an economy is relative, it tells you absolutely nothing about the size of the economy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom