What's new

Pakistani & Indian Artillery

Dont take it negativily. I wanted to say that Pakistan is very strong in Forces department. Gen. Musharraf mentioned that he was surprised ( if you dont want the word petrified) to see India concentrating all its artilleries units. But then he goes on to say that they took it to their advantage by focusing on vulnerable borders like Gujrat etc. I wil try to get the exact para also

Dont take it negativily. I wanted to say that Pakistan is very strong in Forces department. Gen. Musharraf mentioned that he was surprised ( if you dont want the word petrified) to see India concentrating all its artilleries units. But then he goes on to say that they took it to their advantage by focusing on vulnerable borders like Gujrat etc. I wil try to get the exact para also.

And what is "b.s" ? Dont defame your rich culture and relgion by using these phrases. I am surprised a person from Pakistan - The land of purity, can relegate his Country and its culture. I guess you need to be little more disciplined and religious internally rather than superficiallly.

LOOK just write down the paragraph or the page and we will see. Forget abpout all the arguments. If he did write it then I am wrong, if he did not then you were just bluffing. Stop giving excuses.

I am afraid you might not be right in this statement. I was also under the impression that Pakistan is not comparable to the Indian mighty forces. But I got to know a lot of things by reading the Autobiography of Ex. Prez. Gen. Pervez Musharraf. Their PMA, their Strategy classes, etc. and all.

In one of the para Gen. Musharraf categorically admitted that Pakistan was petrified when India concentrated all of its artillery near the border. This was around Kargil Conflict.

When it comes to Airforce, I think we might be quite behind the Pakistani Air Force. Just a guess.

I have read the book and never read what you are claiming in bold. Please correct your facts.

I am not someone who can comment on current strength of India and Pakistan because my lack of knowledge on the subject. However considering the claim that Pakistan is ahead here are my thoughts.
1) India did buy anything in Artillery for more than 2 decades and if Pakistan did bought or manufacturer-ed and we are still close, that means that there was a gap that we could sustain it without buying anything for so long.

2) With 777 deal getting closed and Local 155 mm gun getting procured, it will change the balance again, what is Pakistan dong to counter it?

We have 92+ shs.... and production of A-100... and several dozen KRL 122MM 45km ranged MBRLS aswell..

I am not someone who can comment on current strength of India and Pakistan because my lack of knowledge on the subject. However considering the claim that Pakistan is ahead here are my thoughts.
1) India did buy anything in Artillery for more than 2 decades and if Pakistan did bought or manufacturer-ed and we are still close, that means that there was a gap that we could sustain it without buying anything for so long.

2) With 777 deal getting closed and Local 155 mm gun getting procured, it will change the balance again, what is Pakistan dong to counter it?

777s are not SPGs.. also we produce Panters 155mm howtizers and a new arty gun is under development.

We have 92+ shs.... and production of A-100... and several dozen KRL 122MM 45km ranged MBRLS aswell..

777s are not SPGs.. also we produce Panters 155mm howtizers and a new arty gun is under development.

You BUY them from Turkey. The only artillery you produce are upgrades of m198a2 to m198a5. As recent as 2012 no news other than 30 were on order and 18 have been delivered.

You BUY them from Turkey. The only artillery you produce are upgrades of m198a2 to m198a5. As recent as 2012 no news other than 30 were on order and 18 have been delivered.
Pakistan Pushes Artillery Upgrade Program

ISLAMABAD - Pakistan is consolidating its howitzer inventory around the 155mm round and increasing its MRLS fleet as it strives to boost the lethality of its artillery against India.

Brian Cloughley, former Australian defense attaché to Islamabad and South Asia analyst, said the Army has been modernizing its artillery in recent years as it plans to increase fully mechanized formations.

"There was no apocalyptic moment; it came about because of a normal reassessment of tactics and strategy consistent with the doctrine of 'hold and strike.' For rapid, if deliberately limited, advance, [self propelled] artillery is vital," Cloughley said.

The main acquisitions are at least 297 M-109A5 155mm self-propelled howitzers that have been supplied since 2007 under a $56 million deal made in 2006, and local production of the Turkish MKEK Panter towed 155mm howitzers, by Heavy Industries Taxila's Heavy Mechanical Complex, after 12 were delivered for evaluation in 2007.

Analyst Haris Khan of the Pakistan Military Consortium think tank said the 155mm Panter howitzer has been a substantial improvement over existing guns.

He cites a combination of the Turkish Panter, with the American AN/TPQ-36 Firefinder and Chinese SLC-2 radars, as improving the accuracy of Pakistan's long-range artillery "under a variety of weather conditions at all ranges."

Cloughley highlights a mid-2008 deal with Nexter for the production of 155mm artillery rounds, plus the acquisition of 10 Turkish artillery simulators, which began to enter service with the School of Artillery in 2008 in this regard.

Investment also has been made in long-range MLRS capability. This included evaluation and then procurement of 36 Chinese AR1A/A100E 300mm MLRSs - first displayed to the public during last year's New Resolve military maneuvers.

This led to the evaluation of the Chinese Wei Shi series of MRLS and signing of a contract with China National Precision Machinery Import and Export Corp. in 2009 to procure the NORINCO-developed 300mm MLRS, he said.

The system differs from previous Chinese 300mm MLRS types that were modeled on the Russian Smerch rocket artillery by having 10 instead of 12 tubes. However, the new arrangement of two five-tube pods allows for faster reloading.

Khan said the Army is "very pleased" with the system, and additional numbers are being procured. Having hitherto only imported the system, Khan said, the Army would like to shift to indigenous production.

This could lead to a future order for about 90 NORINCO SH-1 155mm self-propelled howitzers, two of which were tested in 2008, he said.

Being a more deployable six-wheel-drive platform, the SH-1 could considerably boost the Army's ability to deter Indian aggression in Kashmir, where road improvements have been undertaken, Khan said.

Further developments may also be forthcoming for rocket artillery. Cloughley said there is an indigenous MLRS program called Azar, which he said is "similar to the Chinese Type 81" 122mm MLRS. Pakistan's current 122mm Grad-type MLRS is an indigenously produced variant of the North Korean BM-11, and Pakistan Ordnance Factories has developed a high-explosive 122mm rocket called Yarmuk for the system with a range of 45km.
DEFFEAT.php | Defense News | defensenews.com
http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...w4DwCg&usg=AFQjCNEKzCJobigzICYi3kYGusGZumtVMQ
Want more sources?

LOL funny an indian is telling us abt our own country.

Panthers r turkish but produced in our country. m198 series r american n were purchased from them n they updated the old ones.
The figures shown in first page r authentic n correct. Yr arties r no match for our mighty arty strength.

LOL funny an indian is telling us abt our own country.

Panthers r turkish but produced in our country. m198 series r american n were purchased from them n they updated the old ones.
The figures shown in first page r authentic n correct. Yr arties r no match for our mighty arty strength.

no articles regarding a new production facility on the net.

Heavy Mechanical Complex (HMC) officials have also said that HMC plans to produce artillery guns for the Pakistan Army.

Heavy Mechanical Complex Produces 125 mm Gun for Al-Khalid and Al-Zarar MBT ~ Pakistan Military Review

Meet this SPG

161442006.jpg
(has more range)

and this

img0522hwe7.jpg
(this year onwards)

and this upgraded bofors original stock

indian-army-artillery-guns.jpg

and upgraded 130mm to 155mm

28551248jl8.jpg

not including TATA gun, M777

you are outclassed.

Heavy Mechanical Complex (HMC) officials have also said that HMC plans to produce artillery guns for the Pakistan Army.

Heavy Mechanical Complex Produces 125 mm Gun for Al-Khalid and Al-Zarar MBT ~ Pakistan Military Review

Meet this SPG

161442006.jpg
(has more range)

and this

img0522hwe7.jpg
(this year onwards)

28551248jl8.jpg

you are outclassed.
LOL keep on dreaming kid n first educate yrself n know how we do things in pak.12 pathers were delivered in 2008 n rest r produced locally n yr these small babies r no match for our arties n we have discussed that time n again. just use google to find suitable thread abt it in pdf n educate yrself.

Sunny boy.. U wont find anything about A-100 either... also Pantar production was also seen on ISPR website... as for the HMC its a new indigenous ary gun to be produced after the delivery of 50 AK barrels..

Meet this SPG

161442006.jpg
(has more range)

India doesnt have it nor are their any plans or tenders issued...
img0522hwe7.jpg
(this year onwards)

28551248jl8.jpg

you are outclassed.

Lol... bofors...

Have u seen our arty?

M109A5:
11akeuo.jpg

SH-1:

916840a368.jpg

Panter:

JG7x183g.jpg

A-100:

d3786b2dd9a942c397d12684bad19487.jpg

And many more...

bofors has more range and firepower mobility than your **** m198s as for a100 i know it's domestic production like smerch , regaring panter (155mm) i see none other than a defence.pk link which is not a reliable source. sh1 is a more likely JV. Although TATA is offering a better gun.

here's turkish govt website.
Product Details - Undersecreteriat For Defence Industries Export Portal
MKEK - Mechanical and Chemical Industry Company

says nothing about co-production only export.

as of 2012 255 for turkey 30 for pakistan.

155mm Panter (Panther) - Towed Howitzer - History, Specs and Pictures - Military Tanks, Vehicles and Artillery

plus regarding 152mm

Army Equipment :azn:

regarding mou we have one with denel as well. doesn't mean we have bhim. be practical. with collapse of your steel production will your howitzers be made of wood? :what:

bofors has more range and firepower mobility than your **** m198s as for a100 i know it's domestic production like smerch , regaring panter (155mm) i see none other than a defence.pk link which is not a reliable source. sh1 is a more likely JV. Although TATA is offering a better gun.

155mm Panter (Panther) - Towed Howitzer - History, Specs and Pictures - Military Tanks, Vehicles and Artillery

plus regarding 152mm

regarding mou we have one with denel as well. doesn't mean we have bhim. be practical. with collapse of your steel production will your howitzers be made of wood? :what:

Come on guys troll me........:cheesy:

plus regarding 152mm

Come on guys troll me........:cheesy:

The bulk of the indian artillery is in fact the upgraded 155 mm m-46 howitzers.These were originally 130mm field guns upgraded to 155mm howitzers.

There are around 900 m-46s in indian service,what is generally unknown is around 550 were purchased from soviet bloc countries after USSR's collapse in the 90's by the IA, around 100-170 were upgraded to SP catapult artillery but they are still 130mm pieces with around 28 km range.
360 have been upgraded to 155 mm towed versions by soltam and OFB with a range of 39 kms.
The rest are still field guns being slowly upgraded to 155mm calibre.
Apart from this 200 bofors guns.
We also have 100+ 2s1 122mm SP artillery guns.

Plus around 500 122mm d-30 towed artillery howitzers and another smaller calibres.
We also have 100 180 mm soviet s-23 heavy artillery.

In MBRLs we have around 100 PINAKA,150 BM-21 grad and 62 smerch.

So its clear we are slightly ahead in MBRLs,badly lagging in SP artillery and a little behind in towed pieces.Our main problem is our calibres are old and smaller while pakistani calibres are around 155mm standardized.
All in all PA is definitely ahead in quality of tube artillery,not necessarily quantity.
In Rocket artillery we are slightly ahead.
My thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom