What's new

Pakistani rupee plunges to Rs153 against US dollar

KARACHI: Pakistani rupee plunged to a new all time-low in the interbank and open market on Tuesday as it continues to lose value against US dollar.

The greenback saw an increase of Rs1.36, touching Rs151. In the open market, the rate increased to Rs153.

In the last four business days, the dollar has risen by Rs9.60 against the Pakistani rupee.

The rupee has been falling against the dollar following an agreement with the International Monetary Fund on a $6 billon loan with expected strict conditions including a “market determined” exchange rate.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/474384-pakistani-rupee-plunges-to-rs153-against-us-dollar
#APNE GHABARANA NAYEE HAI..

I think within 2 or 3 months,1 dollar=200pkr. I urge every poor or average citizen to use resources and leave this country.there is nothing left for common people.

How do you suggest these poor people would gather resources to leave the country when they don't have enough to survive their day to day needs?

I think within 2 or 3 months,1 dollar=200pkr. I urge every poor or average citizen to use resources and leave this country.there is nothing left for common people.
This is such a naive statement... what exactly has common man got to do with exchange rate? In fact if there is anything it should be upper middle and wealthy people who will end up paying more for imported goods and fuel. Everything else in the economy for example a day to day transaction should not really be impacted by rupee devaluation. And if people have to buy local products for a while to improve the economy then that should be the least contribution for a better tomorrow. Leaving the country doesn't mean improvement in life! People who generally come from third world countries tend to end up living in high crime, poor neighborhoods and works extra hours just to put a meal on the table. It is foolishness to sell a bed of roses to unsuspecting people that all will be grand and they will be living like kings cause they won't! by a great majority they will end up spending at least two generations in absolute poverty with their kids turning to small time gangs for protection and support.

If we take google as authentic then this thread is saying 153.

Only way to bring $ down is by banning exchangers and only bank should deal. This way who stock the $ will suffer when banks will keep the $ price low.
If it's not dollar it will be pounds..
What next will you aldo?restrict all international currency?

Can you??

$1= 5 Rs or $1=500
its just numbers
were Pakistani any richer when $1=60
Nooo
I see people spending a lot more than 2000 when $1=60, I more cars on the road, bigger houses, more eating out.
so dont worry about Echange rate Let Imran deal with it since he has pay the loans not us :)

As per some analysis the real value back in 2017January was around 165Rs for a dollar. It was being kept down for political reasons.
I wont be surprised if dollar continues its upward trend and ends up around 160-165 Rs mark in next few days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom