What's new

Pakistan's 111th Brigade

KMKM back to orignal topic

Brigid 111 is reserve for the politics crises that true. By the tactical nature its forward machinized infantry (don't need to mention it have direct call support of army third cavalry Armour division and army aviation). This brigid takes over the important places of key civil values during crises. These places include senet, parliment, all ministry offices of foreign; defense; interior, TV stations , Radio stations , ISP NTS stations, mobile and wireless terminals, provensial govt offices, power houses and others. They dont need to worry about the nuclear assets as they are already in army hands.
They are NOT related to SSG by 10s of Kilometers, they are just regular reserves just like our rangers, thing is they are trained and strategist for their specific operations of infiltration, civil warfare, anti-insurgency, VIP perimetering and other security related tactics.
:sniper:

111 Brigade is an independent infantry brigade stationed in Westridge - Rawalpindi,

It is under command of X Corps and responsible for the security of Rawalpindi and Islamabad.

It comprises of,
3x Infantry Battalions,
1x Field Regt.
1x Sig Coy

Well its an independent brigade and its a part of X corps , the concept of independent brigade is that it doesnt come under the division it comes directli under the corps

I think the troops from the same brigade are deputed at President's House, Prime Minister's House and the Army House. It is also responsible for the security of GHQ. The Commander of this Brigade is supposed to be a close confidant of the COAS. I have heard that the Commander of this Brigade is surely a two star General in making.

Agreed in other word it is right hand of any general in pakistan army without this his powers are reduced i think

All i heard about 111 is who ever gets in this brigade is lucky person. Then promotion is rapid and its political wing of Pak army.

No such a thing as a "political wing" of the PA.

The situation is a simple one. It is the local bde close to the capital. Had it been another bde such as the 100th, it would be responsible for the same. Otherwise the 111th bde has no significance whatsoever. Its commanders get no special privileges and perks.

Also the promotions are questionable. The officers in the bde are evaluated with the same criteria as others. None of the brigade commanders have become the CoAS etc. so its simply an assumption that since you are closer to the corridors of power you will get bumped. The reality is that officers of the brigade are being evaluated in the ACRs just the same as officers elsewhere.

In actuality, until and unless someone has a political leaning and likes getting embroiled in controversy, most field officers would like to stay away from postings that could get them tied up in controversial things such as getting involved in takeovers etc.

Last edited:
Agreed in other word it is right hand of any general in pakistan army without this his powers are reduced i think

Nothing like this SF. If the triple-one is tied up, there are multiple other brigades in close vicinity to lock down the twin cities if the need ever arises. I hope it never does though inshallah.

The main purpose of the brigade is as Spear has put it, supporting the overall formation in the defence of its area of responsibility in times of war. From an Internal Security (IS) perspective, Just like the V Corps is always involved in the security of Karachi with its associated brigades, this is the formation from the X Corps with its responsibility of the twin cities.

Interestingly though.. one of the oft circulated myths is that any COAS on good terms with GOC X corps and GOC V Corps can take over the country a lot easier.

For X corps I tend to agree. If we analyze its Commanders all were handpicked by the COAS, whose loyalty was beyond doubt. Some of the names I know include Lt Gens Aziz, Mehmood, Tariq Majeed, both Kianis, Satti and so on. Not that the other formations of the Army are located far away but having some one u trust close by is quite comforting I suppose.

Interestingly though.. one of the oft circulated myths is that any COAS on good terms with GOC X corps and GOC V Corps can take over the country a lot easier.

Santro, you are right.
This is why every chief has put the best men as Corps commander 10 C and 5.

Coming back to the 111, as far as I understood this is the only stationary brigade.

It goal and purpose is to defend the capital and it will move only and only when all other defences have been broken.

They do come under 10C, just look at the rising sun insignia.

It is for this purpose that 111 has had a close relationship ( not by choice) with the political leadership.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom