What's new

Pakistan's actual forex reserves are all time low, stood at eight billion dollars

Isaq Khan

BANNED
Reaction score
Pakistan's actual forex reserves are all time low, stood at eight billion dollars

Muhammad Arshad

Islamabad—The Pakistan Economy Watch (PEW) on Monday said financial chaos could transform Pakistan into one of the poorest country in the region.

A single-minded focus on economy with a dedicated economic team having homegrown agenda can secure relief to masses.

Pakistan has ability and finances to overcome damages inflicted by floods without foreign assistance, said Dr. Murtaza Mughal, President Pakistan Economy Watch.

Government has earmarked Rs124 billion for ‘other developmental expenditures’ in the budget that should be diverted to rehabilitation, he said.

He said that Pakistan’s forex reserves stood at 13.3 billion dollars when the current government took charge. The exchange rate was Rs 62.60; stock market had crossed 13300 points while inflation stood at 14 per cent.

Now, he said, exchange rate is around Rs 86, inflation is at 25 per cent and estimated to grow, while forex reserves stands at $16.07 billion.

“Our actual reserves minus IMF money are eight billion dollars which can be described at uncomfortable level at best”, he said.

He said that rupee is at record low; exchange rate could not stabilise through borrowed money; it needs financial discipline as well as enabling policies aimed at boosting confidence.

Stock market remained closed for more than a month during the current government, which is a sign of mismanagement. Receding confidence is a very dangerous indicator, warned Dr. Murtaza Mughal.

He said that situation has reached to a level when bankers are advising accountholders to convert their deposits in dollars.

Rulers should immediately turn their attention to economy to reduce sufferings of masses and rescue economy, he demanded.

Pak Observer:

Financial indiscipline can hurt poor, economy

the problem is SHUKAT AZIZ was a banker! when he came to pakistan as the foreign minister! our banking sector moved ahead leaps and bounds!! and then he looted it all and ran away!

the current guy i don't know his background but knowing he is zardari's man anything he does he will keep 10% for his boss!!! basically pakistan economy will be LEFT IN ICU for a long time to come!!! no one is sincere!! and if our economy defaults or not

gharib ko abhi roti nahi milti baad mein bhi nahi milagi!!! so no change if our forex reserves double or fall down to 0!!!! poor is still poor until someone works on national issues!

the problem is SHUKAT AZIZ was a banker! when he came to pakistan as the foreign minister! our banking sector moved ahead leaps and bounds!! and then he looted it all and ran away!
Please enlighten me with credible proofs as how he looted the money?Economy did wonders under him.It was actually WOT and other issues which actually hampered economy circa 2007.Economy was damaged badly in 2005 by earthquake and then in 2007 by TTP and political instability (Due to Democratic Trolls).

the current guy i don't know his background but knowing he is zardari's man anything he does he will keep 10% for his boss!!! basically pakistan economy will be LEFT IN ICU for a long time to come!!! no one is sincere!! and if our economy defaults or not

gharib ko abhi roti nahi milti baad mein bhi nahi milagi!!! so no change if our forex reserves double or fall down to 0!!!! poor is still poor until someone works on national issues!

Bhai, the solution is reform and reform only. "Aap pakistan ko in bandisho se azad kar do, yeh siyasatwale ya military aise hi hai" Awam ko jitna in logo per depend hono parega utna hi bura hai.

Economic reforms are the need of the hour.

the biggest reform2 "traders can never be the ruler of pakistan "
2 wadaras can never be the ruler of pakistan

Please enlighten me with credible proofs as how he looted the money?Economy did wonders under him.It was actually WOT and other issues which actually hampered economy circa 2007.Economy was damaged badly in 2005 by earthquake and then in 2007 by TTP and political instability (Due to Democratic Trolls).

Bhai mere aziz se aapki kya razamandi hai i have no problem with it. The issue is do u really think that pakistan was at its peak during its regime??????

In my opinion unless and until feudal and economic reforms are not there you can't achieve growth.

And WoT may have some elements of US's interest but its in the 100% interest of pakistan.

Why do you forget that ur military headquarter were hostage of terriorist at a point of time or target killing or pakistani army officials or how close taliban were at a time from ur capital islamabad.

Eight billion dollars, means much less than world's richest billionaires, Carlos Slim Helú, who has almost 53.5 billion dollars.
Hmmm what a shame.

Buddy.. he is a relative of mine.. You dont wanna know how much he made during Musharraf's tenure :rofl:

the all-time LOW was a partly US$500m during N/Sharif last government in 99/00 when he was 'ousted' by Gen.Musharraf.

the all-time LOW was a partly US$500m during N/Sharif last government in 99/00 when he was 'ousted' by Gen.Musharraf.

sooner or later we will reach there and then back to military again.

Isnt it that Pakistan already spent all the IMF money?

more proof of pakistan at the verge of economic crash
i think bangladesh is doing better than pakistan today:cheers:
we have been at these verges many times before n get back from there..so don worry..

ice_man said:

Bankers are never creditable economists. Their jobs is to run a money lending institution in profit not industry and commerce. What shaukut aziz did was build a temporary economy using credit and lending much like Dubai and American housing market. People took loans form the bank to build houses and factories on promise to repay upon profit. But when demand fell particularly in the industrial sector due to economic collapse in Europe and America, these debtors went bust.

The real Pakistan economic collapse is courtest of $80 billion dollars capital flight due to zardari coming in power. No forigen investor will invest in a country ruled by a crook.

We will not uplift unless we throw away these fedual out of order who come into power for personal benefit thinking Pakistan is their jageer. Anyone who has been into a wadera or baluch sardar house knows these people treat Pakistan like a slavery pool and their real loyality is licking english boots.

History tells us that forigen reserves are directly proportional to expiry date of democratic government. Please embrace yours for "mere aziz hum watano...." Coming soon on your favourite TV/radio channel.

Buddy.. he is a relative of mine.. You dont wanna know how much he made during Musharraf's tenure

This is exactly what I have heard from our long time family friends who is uncle of Sehba Shariff.

more proof of pakistan at the verge of economic crash
i think bangladesh is doing better than pakistan today:cheers:

I dont think Pakistan on the verge of crash rather its going through some tough time. But with enormous natural resources, and strong agro affluency, Pakistan will come back strong soon. But what my understading about Pakistan is the fiscal mismanagement which needs to be corrected at once. Pakistan export is rebounded, import is getting slimmer and remmittance is getting bigger. It will take couple of years or more to get to the point from where Pakistan will get back to its usual growth path if not high growth economy. High growth economy is a different story, and I dont see it will happen anytime soon.

For BD, its been always steady. We are blessed by great economist and private sectors. It will even do better than India. We run our economy much differently than other countries in south asia.

Back
Top Bottom