What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

I wanted to ask this for a long time...
well we can track high speed land attack missiles from AWACS thanks to the AESA radar they have,we can also guide a BVR missile of F-16 or JF-17 through an AWACS so my question is can we use this BVR missile (possibly Aim-120 C (5) or SD-10) and guide it through an AWACS and shoot down a target ie a high speed incoming missile (U may know which missile im talkin abt :) )

You could in theory..
Target handoff would have to be seamless.. though..

I wanted to ask this for a long time...
well we can track high speed land attack missiles from AWACS thanks to the AESA radar they have,we can also guide a BVR missile of F-16 or JF-17 through an AWACS so my question is can we use this BVR missile (possibly Aim-120 C (5) or SD-10) and guide it through an AWACS and shoot down a target ie a high speed incoming missile (U may know which missile im talkin abt :) )

Not a stupid question. Every missile with lock after launch can basically do that. You provide location. They carrier launches it with that in mind.

Sir i am damn sure that new radar under going test on T0518, is ours. thats why the delivery of ZDK-03 is delayed. i am pretty about the rumors that were circulating on forums about ZDK-03 that it will be a smaller version of Kj-2000, is going to be true. :toast_sign:

Testing of AESA radar on platform T0518 CONFIRMED !

ZDK-03 is an export AWACS system being developed for the Pakistani Air Force. This project was initiated in the early 2000. A Y-8 AWACS testbed (serial # T0518/Project 021) based on Y-8 Category II Platform was first discovered at CFTE in early 2006. Unlike KJ-200, this variant carries a tranditional rotodome above its fuselage, with a mechanically rotating antenna inside. Therefore the Y-8 AWACS was speculated to be developed for the export market only as it appears less advanced than KJ-200 which features a fixed AESA radar. However this design does provide a true 360° coverage. The AEW radar may be the product of the 38th Institute/CETC, but no details are available. The aircraft also features a solid nose with MAWS sensors on both sides, as well as two small vertial tail stablizers. The Y-8 AWACS protoype was promoted to Pakistani AF in 2006. After some negotiations a much improved design was developed based on PAF's specifications. The variant is now dubbed ZDK-03 (ZDK means CETC) and is based on the new Y-8 Category III Platform featuring 6-blade propellers. It was reported in early 2009 that a total of 4 has been ordered by PAF in a $278m deal. The first ZDK-03 rolled out in November 2010 at SAC, with the delivery to be scheduled by the end of 2010. ZDK-03 is expected to serve as an airborne command & control center for the JF-17 fighter fleet currently in service with PAF. Recent images indicated that the T0518 testbed has been further modified to carry a fixed rotodom with three AESA antennas installed inside, which could be a downgraded version of the KJ-2000 AWACS system to be installed onboard the Y-7 shipborne AWACS (see above).
- Last Updated 1/15/11

Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

As i mentioned before, new development of AESA radar on T0518 is for PAF ZDK-03.

here is the confirmation .....

Pakistan will also receive in the middle of the year its first Shaanxi ZDK-03. Pakistan has four on order, and the first rolled out of the Shaanxi Aircraft factory in November. But Rao says China is still busy installing the equipment and doing the necessary upgrades.
Pakistan Air Chief Outlines Procurement Plans | AVIATION WEEK

:bunny:

Pakistan will also receive in the middle of the year its first Shaanxi ZDK-03. Pakistan has four on order, and the first rolled out of the Shaanxi Aircraft factory in November. But Rao says China is still busy installing the equipment and doing the necessary upgrades.

Erieye is also expected to arrive mid of this year.
By the end of this year PAF will have lots of new toys to play with.

Howcome we don't see any pic's or videos of them nor of the tankers...

PAFFalcons-April2011-large.jpg

April 2011 - JF-17's with Saab 2000 AEW&C on a mission during exercises High Mark 2010.

how many Erieyes do we currently have?

2 delivered so far - rest by the end of 2011

I stand corrected!

Saab 2000

Delivered; 1
Current; 1
- In service from September 2008

- Note: 1 example acquired as a training platform for the 4 AEW&C-equipped aircraft. Handed-over in Sweden on 26th September 2008 & delivered to Pakistan on September 29th.

Saab 2000 AEW&C Erieye

Delivered; 3
Current; 3
On Order;1

- In service from January 2010

- Note: Contract agreed in 2005; renegotiated in May 2007 with the number of airframes being reduced from 5 to 4. Initial delivery had been due for early 2009, with induction of the type into the PAF expected in September 2009, although this has been somewhat delayed. First example rolled-out by Saab on 3rd April 2008 prior to installation of full systems fit. The first two aircraft were delivered to Pakistan on 8th December 2009 & 24th April 2010, respectively. Although all 4 examples were due to have entered service by the end of 2010, the outstanding aircraft is now scheduled for delivery in mid-2011

AFI

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom