What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

11011415055e83da12a2c763df.gif

11011416028beafeef7f0fd503jpgthumb.jpg

These two pics show that the dish is rotating.

nope....rotodome not rotating dish/disc.
this is a testing aircraft for AWACs and recently came to surface with a new kind of rotodome. same bird with an old kind of rotodme was evaluated by PAF long ago.

These two pics show that the dish is rotating.

from the second pic, i can't ascertain whether its a TR module (which needs not rotation) or the one in the 1st Picture

I hope PAF will soon release actual pic's of the aircraft soon .

this is an old aircraft!
and the one for PAF is much better!!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

I hope PAF will soon release actual pic's of the aircraft soon .

the actual picture is out!!

url

^^^^this aircraft was completed on nov 13 under designation of ZDK-03 airborne early warning system. and PAF will recieve its first aircrfat this year!

http://asian-defence.blogspot.com/2010/11/paf-wants-more-chinese-systems.html

Last edited:
With advanced missiles like Novator K-100 i wonder what is the significance of AWACS esp in INDO- PAK case.
:lol: its been two decades while Russians are trying to design such a missile, given the complexity of such a system and possible ineffectiveness of such a system i.e. AESA born AWACs agumented by ECM capability wont find it much difficult to neutralize a launch made from 200KM. The Chinese have also come up with a S-300 based development FT-2000 and Kh-31P but given the ever enhancing ECM capability of AWACs platforms i doubt long range shot will be much effective. But anyways, uptill date, it remains "in development"

P.S:Last time somebody on wiki even edited to have this missile in service with IAF.:cheesy:

:lol: its been two decades while Russians are trying to design such a missile, given the complexity of such a system and possible ineffectiveness of such a system i.e. AESA born AWACs agumented by ECM capability wont find it much difficult to neutralize a launch made from 200KM. The Chinese have also come up with a S-300 based development FT-2000 and Kh-31P but given the ever enhancing ECM capability of AWACs platforms i doubt long range shot will be much effective. But anyways, uptill date, it remains "in development"

P.S:Last time somebody on wiki even edited to have this missile in service with IAF.:cheesy:

Indian fanboys you know....have been choking the Internet since ages.

The problem with such a missile as the Novator.. or even the US pheonix.. was the need for constant updates ..i.e mid course updates for a good pk.. since even a slow moving target such as a AWAC or bomber can change its position by a relative distance while the missile is in flight.
The AWG-9 of the tomcat was fairly effective in tracking targets while being innocous about itself.. the Mig-31 has also scored kills with the AA-9..
Still.. unless the radar itself is a LPI.. the target knows it is being hunted.. and can take evasive maneuvers..not to mention blurt out massive amounts of ECM to avoid being hit..
Now.. the effectiveness of the Novator may come in if an attacker manages to come in through the initial screen.. then.. taking a shot from a novator type missile from 70km out.. may have a good chance of succes.. provided the radar can maintan a lock under jamming..
With AESA though.. I suppose its all possible.

this is an old aircraft!
and the one for PAF is much better!!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

the actual picture is out!!

url

^^^^this aircraft was completed on nov 13 under designation of ZDK-03 airborne early warning system. and PAF will recieve its first aircrfat this year!

PAF Wants More Chinese Systems ~ ASIAN TECH NEWS

Iam not blind thankyou i have seen this pic many times already i ment more pics then just one same ole pic that we have all been seeing so far thx.:coffee:

Iam not blind thankyou i have seen this pic many times already i ment more pics then just one same ole pic that we have all been seeing so far thx.:coffee:

well then wait for the aircraft to come out, hopefully in couple of months u will see it roaring across the sky!

Back
Top Bottom