What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Are we correct in assuming that having TUBROPROP platforms PAF is severly limiting both the speed and the range /endurance time of theses awacs.

ALSO surely a turbo prop is far more vulnerable to a potential air to air missle threat esp some thing like the NOVATOR ramjet missle RS172 novatar which will equip both the su30mki and pak fa in the future

Seriously?

Your lack of knowledge gets beaten on other threads and you come here to post BS again?

I mean, turbo prop? May i ask if IAFs Phalcon is flying supersonic? Or how a SAM or Air to Air missile cannot hit a Jet engine aircraft but can hit a turbo prop?

Man, seriously, is there any more low you guys can fall to....to bash Pakistan's new AWACs?

PENUMBRA

ITS NOT BASHING its not a personal insult

I have knowledge and eyes.

Turbo props was a COST savings excercise we know that

BUT jet awacs have greater range. flexibility endurance,,,,,

OR are we saying thats INCORRECT we are all wrong

Are we correct in assuming that having TUBROPROP platforms PAF is severly limiting both the speed and the range /endurance time of theses awacs.

ALSO surely a turbo prop is far more vulnerable to a potential air to air missle threat esp some thing like the NOVATOR ramjet missle RS172 novatar which will equip both the su30mki and pak fa in the future

Dear,

Turbo-props give much more endurance that any jet ever can only hope for. Is 9.5 hr of endurance of Saab2000-Erieye less than 6~7 hr endurance of IL76-Phalcon ? Besides ZDK-03 is also bigger and carries more fuel and might have even more endurance.
Just for reference : Indian AWACS Moving Forward on 2 Fronts Paragraph: Feb 12/09

Besides, Turboprops generate lesser EM interference than the larger Jet counterparts.

The only downside is speed. But remember that if a missile is fired at an AEW&C aircraft at 4~5 Mach, it will take less than 2 minutes to impact. Having 200kph of additional speed will only carry you 3 miles further in that time, so your notion of jet being capable of outrunning a missile is outrageous.

Larger speed is also a downside for an AEW&C aircraft if it is required to keep-station, requiring more frequent maneuvering to remain in the same location.

Regards,
Sapper

Dear,

Turbo-props give much more endurance that any jet ever can only hope for. Is 9.5 hr of endurance of Saab2000-Erieye less than 6~7 hr endurance of IL76-Phalcon ? Besides ZDK-03 is also bigger and carries more fuel and might have even more endurance.
Just for reference : Indian AWACS Moving Forward on 2 Fronts Paragraph: Feb 12/09

Besides, Turboprops generate lesser EM interference than the larger Jet counterparts.

The only downside is speed. But remember that if a missile is fired at an AEW&C aircraft at 4~5 Mach, it will take less than 2 minutes to impact. Having 200kph of additional speed will only carry you 3 miles further in that time, so your notion of jet being capable of outrunning a missile is outrageous.

Larger speed is also a downside for an AEW&C aircraft if it is required to keep-station, requiring more frequent maneuvering to remain in the same location.

Regards,
Sapper

besides both erieye and ZDK are equipped with 'flares' to confuse the incoming rounds - for whatever its worth!

Here's Erieye departing after Dubai air show. Clear Side view

2023041.jpg

United Arab Emirates, November 17, 2011
Last image i posted.

Now two more pictures of Saab Erieye - Yet Taxing slowly, see the background and Emirates Airliners.

2028482.jpg

2030867.jpg

side by side DREAM LINER
2030677.jpg

also to add saab 2000 is considered one of the fastest turboprop aircrafts. it was design to compete with jet aircrafts but retaining the efficiency of turboprop

Have we recieved all 4 Sweedish and 4 Chinese variants

I think we have 2 Sweedish and 1 Chinese , or have we got all 8

i 've seen the ZDK-03 AWACS about 9-10 times today flying above my home at low altitude(400-500meters) ,whoever saying that the color scheme is not good,it seems brilliant to me perfectly matching our environment!! I was too excited seeing the big bird,it was really beutiful!!!:):)
but I have just one question in my mind why the Aircraft is flying that much is there any exercise going-on.....
Although i live in khi,north of khi.!! plzz Ans. my Q.

but I have just one question in my mind why the Aircraft is flying that much is there any exercise going-on.....

Part of the work up to operational readiness.
The Aircraft is undergoing tests with the Air-def C4I.. and with the assets it will control.

"The Aircraft is undergoing tests with the Air-def C4I"
Sorry but m still a noob in defence thing:coffee: could'nt understand ur terminologies!! sOry :X

Wasnt there a news about KSA financing another Saab 2000 Erieye for PAF? tht means we have 9 AWACS not 8.

i spotted on my roof in my home:no:,BTW i live in North khi!

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

i wish i had a camera at that time....i even can read the serial no....trust me!!

i 've seen the ZDK-03 AWACS about 9-10 times today flying above my home at low altitude(400-500meters) ,whoever saying that the color scheme is not good,it seems brilliant to me perfectly matching our environment!! I was too excited seeing the big bird,it was really beutiful!!!:):)
Although i live in khi,north of khi.!! plzz Ans. my Q.

PN is conductiong air/sea excercises - maybe the ZDK03 is involved

Wasnt there a news about KSA financing another Saab 2000 Erieye for PAF? tht means we have 9 AWACS not 8.

Dude hold on let us receive our own 4 Erieye and 4 Karakuram Eagles first, then will talk about the SA one.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

i spotted on my roof in my home:no:,BTW i live in North khi!

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

i wish i had a camera at that time....i even can read the serial no....trust me!!

North Karachi ... then it must be going towards Masror AB .. i know very much about their Landing routes.

Back
Top Bottom