What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

new information comes and suddenly you feel a lot of info has to be posted in a single post, thus creating loading problems , not to mention 8photo restriction.. thus putting info in only 2-3 posts is not possible.... even ak info pool's basic info ran for 3 pages!--- so i can make a dedicated thread and start by posting some good info, rest you guys can pitch in as i am still recovering from my operation and not very active these days

new information comes and suddenly you feel a lot of info has to be posted in a single post, thus creating loading problems , not to mention 8photo restriction.. thus putting info in only 2-3 posts is not possible.... even ak info pool's basic info ran for 3 pages!--- so i can make a dedicated thread and start by posting some good info, rest you guys can pitch in as i am still recovering from my operation and not very active these days

That is a very detailed info pool with a whole lot of info, what I am talking about is a general overview...the physical quantities, like the no of aircraft, types, dates etc. The detailed specs could be put in a thread as you said.

I am not talking about the technical parameters.

Sorry if i am wrong,
why we can not detect the US Abottabad raid, while we have these air crafts in working conditions.

Sorry if i am wrong,
why we can not detect the US Abottabad raid, while we have these air crafts in working conditions.

We were lacking balls, if I say rudely.
We had the equipment and detected them as well. They could jam our communication at once but Political Jamming was enough for this purpose. Its a LIE that our system failed or we could not respond on time.

Sorry if i am wrong,

I second @danger-zone we cant detect anything until and unless mr zardari and COAS want us too ...dont go by the gadgets they are just show pieces the reality is US can bomb the hell out of tribal areas whenever they want , US choppers and fighters can violate Pakistan's airspace any time they want , few moronic talibans can burn these costly gadgets to ashes whenever they want

so my friend these costly gadgets are bought on the expense of poor public just to make some people show off or brag about and talk big on forums like this ....nothing else .....dnt be surprised if all of them are scrapped without ever being used in a real war or for the protection of this country ..... coz Pakistan ka KHUDA hi hafiz ha .....

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys why should we upgrade our jf-17 radars with aesa radars when we already have awacs,basically our aircrafts dont need a radar,am i right :confused:

hi guys why should we upgrade our jf-17 radars with aesa radars when we already have awacs,basically our aircrafts dont need a radar,am i right :confused:

You are not right, you are 'confused'.
You can search google a lot on the subject, but the crux is that fighter aircraft require radars to track enemy air, sea/land targets, guide radar guided munitions, guide and participate in network centric way of war by working together with other air, sea or land based assets. Helping friendly forces and getting help where required.

Bottom line, its like eyes and ears of the aircraft (along with lots of other supported electronics), without these a fighter aircraft is nothing, relying entirely on AEW&C for radar guidance will never work.

JZY-01

JZY-01.jpg

Sorry if i am wrong,

Mughaljee,

My brother---don't you get it by now that it does not make any difference if you that they were coming or if they were not.

Remember---anybody can die any given day---specially facing someone a million times stronger---but it takes a lots of tenacity to come out of this situation alive---even though the nation took a pounding in the public affairs dept on the world forum.

You can search google a lot on the subject, but the crux is that fighter aircraft require radars to track enemy air, sea/land targets, guide radar guided munitions, guide and participate in network centric way of war by working together with other air, sea or land based assets. Helping friendly forces and getting help where required.

Bottom line, its like eyes and ears of the aircraft (along with lots of other supported electronics), without these a fighter aircraft is nothing, relying entirely on AEW&C for radar guidance will never work.
In air-to-air combat, AEW&C systems can communicate with friendly aircraft, extend their sensor range and give them added stealth, since they no longer need their own active radar to detect threats,WHAT DOES THAT MEAN TO U,plz explain in a little detail,btw the highlighted is taken from wiki

In air-to-air combat, AEW&C systems can communicate with friendly aircraft, extend their sensor range and give them added stealth, since they no longer need their own active radar to detect threats,WHAT DOES THAT MEAN TO U,plz explain in a little detail,btw the highlighted is taken from wiki
Here is what you should understand...

Any time something is not under your control, it is a 'convenience' or a 'luxury'. The reason being is that it cannot be relied upon to be at your disposal at all times. That is not an insult at the AWACS community. They do work very hard to be on time, on station, and on alert. But the wartime reality is an AWACS can be chased from station, can have mechanical complications that degrades their capability, run out of fuel, or the war is severe enough that it taxed the AWACS resources enough that this 'eye in the sky' is not available for everyone. An AWACS is very much a 'battlefield convenience'.

Even for US where we rely very much on AWACS and networked sensors, we still want individual combatants to have their own sensors, limited is better than none, so that in the event where they lost the AWACS or did not receive AWACS support in the first place, they can still perform the mission assigned to them, at least to some degrees.

@gambit

Sir, few questions regarding air-borne radars. Indians claim that their MKI is a mini-AWACS. Sir, kindly shed some light on how a war-plane itself expose to opposing side, when it switch on its Radar or try to track a target at longer ranges with maximum power output?

What will be the difference of tracking a MKI if
Case 1: Its coming with its own radar switched off and relying solely on its networking with AWACS.
Case 2: Its coming with its own radar switched on at max power out-put

Thanks in advance Sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir, few questions regarding air-borne radars. Indians claim that their MKI is a mini-AWACS. Sir, kindly shed some light on how a war-plane itself expose to opposing side, when it switch on its Radar or try to track a target at longer ranges with maximum power output?

What will be the difference of tracking a MKI if
Case 1: Its coming with its own radar switched off and relying solely on its networking with AWACS.
Case 2: Its coming with its own radar switched on at max power out-put

Thanks in advance Sir.

Hello, this is not indian mki Thread so maybe tell your friend to post it in indian Thread.

Back
Top Bottom